HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Most Underrated Ranger Prospect?

Closed Thread

Old
09-09-2004, 05:23 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
I really think both Graham and Bahensky are guys that are not getting much thought by most Ranger fans. Both players were mentioned by Renney as having impressive camps in Calgary. Graham is big, skates fairly well and has soft hands, and Bahensky has size and very good skating ability. Both were excellent value at where they were taken and both have top six forward potential if developed properly.

Old
09-09-2004, 08:38 AM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by modestfwd
We have a bunch of underrated guys.

Dom Moore - Many forget how good he looked during training camp, the only reason he wasn't on the team was because Mess had his spot! He was #2 behind Tyutin on our depth chart, and now he's barely at 20.

All those college mother****ers, they got a lot of promise.

Guenin especially, he's going to be our own Paneuf. Maybe not that good, but he can hit.

Immonen doesn't get enough respect on these boards. It's sort of pathetic when someone ranks Lauri ahead of him.

Reese and Potter. When I saw Potter during the WJCs, he reminded me a lot of Lampman.
I'd hold off on the Guenin comparison with Phaneuf just a while yet.

Old
09-09-2004, 10:01 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
Good call! I'd add Guenin to the underrated list as well.
Yes. Nasty Nate's one of my favorite prospects. Plus he has the best nickname.

Old
09-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Papadice

Send a message via MSN to Papadice
Quote:
Originally Posted by modestfwd
Immonen doesn't get enough respect on these boards. It's sort of pathetic when someone ranks Lauri ahead of him.
I'll back you on that... as a Leafs fan I was VERY upset to see him go... I think Immonen will easily be a great 2nd line center for you and has 1st line upside... Seeing the highlights of him in preseason last year he looked like he'll be a great player...

Old
09-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfanatic
I'd say Baranka. I have him rated higher then Fedor. I'm amazed Ranger fans don't understand how good this guy will be. Obviously judging by the HF rating they don't either. I would give him a 8A at the least rating wise. Kid has it all. Can move the puck, skate, hit, is almost impossible to beat one on one, has a mean streak and he's clutch.
You think that Baranka is going to be better than Ryan Whitney, Denis Grebeshkov and Braydon Coburn (all 8B)?

Old
09-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
Yes. Nasty Nate's one of my favorite prospects. Plus he has the best nickname.
I agree. It seems like Taylor gets the hype that should be going to Guenin. Taylor may be bigger and may hit harder, but Guenin does not have all of the mobility issues that Taylor has.

Old
09-09-2004, 11:09 AM
clem22

how about bruce graham....what's the story on him...NHL prospect or just a project??

Old
09-09-2004, 11:28 AM
newf

honestly, i think lee farledeau is underrated. mostly because people seem to hate the pick used on him. i'm not saying he'll become joel otto, but people seem to really underestimate his potential. maybe its misdirected frustration at sather for taking him in the second round. it seems like most people don't even think he'll be an average ahl'er.

Old
09-09-2004, 11:37 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
It could be Dubinsky. The kid needs a bit of work but he can score and will pay the price and annoy the hell out of people.
If we develop him the right way, maybe he can be another Darcy Tucker. I think he can be that good.

Old
09-09-2004, 01:33 PM
RANGER#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Froese
well i myself am high on wiseman, i think he has 2nd line potential and can be to us what cheechoo amuounted in sanjose , knowone expected him to score 27 or so goals and he did i think wiseman with the right amount of tiome and the right players can oput up some very solid 2nd line #'s

as for you 6'3" 215, what in the hell are u reading do u have a source?

i know he is listed as like 6'0" or 6'1" 195 or so maybe 200 aorund there not what u put down.

and just curious how gullable are u to belive he went from 5'11`1" 180lbs to 6'3" 215lbs, i mean seriously , no offense but what are u reading and what are u believing
I agree I also think in time he has the potential of 2nd line duty. 3rd at the very least is well in his grasp.

Old
09-10-2004, 08:40 AM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER#11
I agree I also think in time he has the potential of 2nd line duty. 3rd at the very least is well in his grasp.
Just curious as to exactly what in his resume leads you to believe Chad Wiseman has 2nd line potential?

Old
09-10-2004, 08:53 AM
majicpixie

Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazo
Just curious as to exactly what in his resume leads you to believe Chad Wiseman has 2nd line potential?
Well, if you've ever seen him play then you already know.

Old
09-10-2004, 08:53 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Greg Moore.

Old
09-10-2004, 09:27 AM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicpixie
Well, if you've ever seen him play then you already know.
Then why hasn't he been in the NHL? Not being a smartass but Ranger fans should be at least a little more objective. You hope a Wiseman can pan out right now, he's an AHL player hoping to graduate.

Old
09-10-2004, 10:04 AM
True Blue

Quote:
I agree. Wiseman has shown very little to indicate that he has top 6 forward potential. Actually, he has shown nothing that would indicate top 2 line potential. At this point, even 3rd line potential requires more improvement.
And Singin, what does Greg Moore have to do with Wiseman?

Old
09-10-2004, 04:46 PM
ish

I think Dawes has been pretty underrated. He's not making anyone's top 10 list of our prospects. The kid gets pretty dirty for his size (at least that I saw in the WJC) and gets results.

Old
09-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
Martz...not even listed "in the system" any more...

Anyway, I really do like Melnyk's two picks in Reese and Potter. I spoke to Reese's coach in Pittsburgh after he was drafted, and there's certainly something to work with there. He's a little undersized, but as offensive minded d-man it shouldn't matter too much.

Potter is that kind of no frills d-man that people will either appreciate or totally miss in a game. At the world juniors Coach Eaves called him the anchor of the US blueline.

I'd also add Nate Guenin...a guy who in my mind had more potential than Jake Taylor and has become one of the best defensemen in the CCHA.

I agree with you on Potter. He played very steady D for Team USA in that WJC. He is a good skater too and isn't flashy. That's the kind of defenseman the Rangers have needed for a long time.

Closed Thread