HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Savard arrested for DUI

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2004, 04:32 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

vCash: 500
Savard arrested for DUI

Serge that is..

I guess this one falls into the useless gossip category.

Old
09-08-2004, 04:47 PM
BLONG7

Can't ya see him now, rolling out of his Mercedes with the big stogie in his mouth! :lol

Old
09-08-2004, 04:51 PM
EaGLE1

The Senator love alcool. It's not a surprise for me. Glad he didn't kill anybody

Old
09-08-2004, 04:58 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
The Senator love alcool. It's not a surprise for me. Glad he didn't kill anybody
Exactly, I don't care if he kills himself, just not an innocent person.

Old
09-08-2004, 07:48 PM
plafleur10

Mercedes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Can't ya see him now, rolling out of his Mercedes with the big stogie in his mouth! :lol

El Senador actually drives a Rolls, his office is in the building I work in....

Old
09-08-2004, 09:09 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleur10
El Senador actually drives a Rolls, his office is in the building I work in....
A Rolls! Interresting.

Poor insurances..

Old
09-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
he probably barely blew over the limit, and if yer at, or even near the limit, your hardly impaired. so its not like he was a hazard.

Old
09-09-2004, 01:15 AM
rudethedude66

well actually he tried to evade the cops by parking in a sugar factory parking lot and was more than double the limit.

Old
09-09-2004, 07:16 AM
Bruin_Ron

that's stipulation, my friend.

The line is so thin between life and death. No one should be exposed to the risks posed by anyone who's driving under the influence, even if just "barely"

Old
09-09-2004, 08:19 AM
rocketlives

Serge Savard is a fool. He should have known better.

Old
09-09-2004, 08:46 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives
Serge Savard is a fool. He should have known better.

I live an hour from the city and there are occasions where I'll meet business associates or friends for a late afternoon or early evening 'cold one'. I'm pretty careful and make sure I do the math before heading for home. More than once,I've taken long downtown walks until I was reasonably confident in both my capability and my legal level. On 1 or 2 occasions over the last 10 years when drinks turned into dinner and wine,I've booked a room, called home and played it safe. I can do this and I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Serge is a successful intelligent man who has more options than I do. Calling a cab won't put a dent in his portfolio.He should know better. I'm not feeling holier than thou today, because if I claimed that I have never done the same, I'd be lying. Again, he's been around long enough to know better though. He's not 18 feeling invincible.

Old
09-09-2004, 08:53 AM
habfan4

Does anyone know if Savard still owns a piece of the Chateau Champlain Hotel in Montréal? If so, he really is an idiot!

Old
09-09-2004, 09:14 AM
EaGLE1

The 0.08 limit is too low...something like 0.12 would be better, damn, you drink 1 beer and you're over the limit.

Old
09-09-2004, 09:37 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
Does anyone know if Savard still owns a piece of the Chateau Champlain Hotel in Montréal? If so, he really is an idiot!
"Abe said what,God said you can do what you want but next time ya see me comin' you better run." Sorry you got me thinking about Hiway 61.

Yes, he is still in the hotel business. Ya figure he could've gotten a deal on a room ?

Old
09-09-2004, 11:33 AM
jojo

Quote:
The 0.08 limit is too low...something like 0.12 would be better, damn, you drink 1 beer and you're over the limit.
Well, maybe you drink too much to be able to do the math... It would take definitely 2-3 drinks depending on the time elapsed before you drive. At 0.12 you are in NO condition to drive. No matter how competent a driver you feel.
But lest anyone worry: I'm pretty sure someone as well-connected as Serge Savard will get a slap on the wrist.

Old
09-09-2004, 12:57 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo
Well, maybe you drink too much to be able to do the math... It would take definitely 2-3 drinks depending on the time elapsed before you drive. At 0.12 you are in NO condition to drive. No matter how competent a driver you feel.
But lest anyone worry: I'm pretty sure someone as well-connected as Serge Savard will get a slap on the wrist.
You simply can't do the maths...Nobody is similar. There is too many things that you can't calculate that are take into account.

Ok, maybe not 0.12 but what about 0.10?

Old
09-09-2004, 03:18 PM
rocketlives

When Guy Lafleur had his accident on the 2-20 at 3:00AM and was almost impaled by a steel pole, he must have been above .08. I can't remember if he was charged with DUI at the time.

Old
09-09-2004, 05:32 PM
plafleur10

More details

According to La Presse:

He was involved in not one but 2 accidents. A 1st one took place at Sanguinet and Rene-Levesque. He got out of the car and tried to setlle amicably with the other guy on a "let's not call the cops" basis.

He then left the scene (the cops are considering a "hit-and-run" charge, so he must have left hastily), and the other guy, playing Mr. Good Citizen called the cops that he was just involved in a small accident with Savard, that he looked drunk and that he was heading East.

The cops located him on Notre-Dame near Pie IX and flashed him to pull over. He hit another car (the 2nd incident), while he was pulling over at the cops' request, not a nice thing to do even when you are sober.

He was not driving his Rolls, but a "luxurious Chrysler 300".

According to TVA (not proven or invoked by other media so far):

He was well over the limit.

All in all, does not look too good!

Old
09-09-2004, 05:45 PM
kytem2

Maybe he can ask "Liberal Cabinet Minister" Ken Dryden to help him. The Liberals always help their insider buddies no matter how dastardly the deed.

Old
09-09-2004, 08:52 PM
mert

Quote:
I have to say that this is just NOT true.

One of my brother's friends is an OPP... One night he decided to take the breathalizer home and then he drank until he blew over. When he finally blew over, he was so drunk that he couldn't stand up or see straight....

And one night my brother was out at a friends house. He had about 8 stiff drinks in a couple of hours; when his wife drove home, another OPP friend pulled them over to chat. My bro blew in the breathalizer to see how drunk he was, and he would have only had a 24 hour licence suspension (so he wasn't even at 0.08).

And someone else said that you get pinched even if you're right on the line; that is false too. I work security, and a few years back we had some drunk kids total their car on campus. When the police came the driver wasn't fined for DUI because he was only a fraction over the limit, and they have a margin of error because the breathalizers aren't so precise as to be reliable.

But anyway, I must say I'm disappointed in Savard, The Senator should know better (wait a minute, with a name like that I guess he was doomed ). My dad said that he must of drank too much of his El Senador Serge Savard wine

Old
09-09-2004, 09:26 PM
rudethedude66

hahaha...i drank 4 quarts and 3 pints and was still under......i blew .06 and .07 and i was hammered..i only weigh 189..plus 3 shots of jack

Old
09-10-2004, 11:32 AM
rocketlives

Serge Savard according to an article I read this morning in the Metro free daily newspaper has other serious worries these days.

Apparently his Marriot Hotel near the Bell Center is being refused any patronage by the provincial governement because it is infringing language laws, their principal offense being to lack a website in French. Also the perspective of losing substantial revenues this winter if the lock-out in the NHL lasts all season is a major concern for him. As they say, when it rains, it pours.

:beatup:

Closed Thread