HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MZA back to Modo?

Old
10-30-2011, 04:34 AM
Superstar Carwash

vCash: 500
MZA back to Modo?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle13859386.ab

Google translate with some editing:

The announcement from Fredrik Bremberg continues to linger.

Now Modo examines the opportunity to attract back points king Mats Zuccarello instead.

- Of course we are interested, says General Manager Markus Naslund.

According Sportbladets sources, he has made contact with the New York Rangers general manager Glen Sather and asked about the club's plans for Mats Zuccarello who received sparse playing time by coach John Tortorella in the first three matches and then was sent down to the Farm Team Connecticut Whale.

- I would not really comment on any names but it is clear that we are interested in him, said Markus Naslund and continues:

- From what I understand he wants to give it a try but for how long he is willing to wait for a chance or if the Rangers are willing to release him if he would like to move back home I really do not know.

Modo is not the only ones to be interested.

- Markus is not the only one who has been asking about Mats, said agent Eric Ryman and continues:

- There are many clubs around Europe who are crying out for players like him.

Can there be talk of a move?

- He will try to get back to the NHL, and although he would remain in the AHL and will move back to Europe so I can not negotiate with any club before the Rangers have given the green light. It is entirely up to them.

Superstar Carwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 04:41 AM
Xtranova

Im just hoping Torts goes before him. If that happens, a new coach might come in to give him proper minutes and play him like he is supposed to. If we let him go it will be a WASTE of talent. Consider how we always win our matches, outshoot opponents and dominate the league in creativity

Xtranova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 04:44 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashiva View Post
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle13859386.ab

Google translate with some editing:

The announcement from Fredrik Bremberg continues to linger.

Now Modo examines the opportunity to attract back points king Mats Zuccarello instead.

- Of course we are interested, says General Manager Markus Naslund.

According Sportbladets sources, he has made contact with the New York Rangers general manager Glen Sather and asked about the club's plans for Mats Zuccarello who received sparse playing time by coach John Tortorella in the first three matches and then was sent down to the Farm Team Connecticut Whale.

- I would not really comment on any names but it is clear that we are interested in him, said Markus Naslund and continues:

- From what I understand he wants to give it a try but for how long he is willing to wait for a chance or if the Rangers are willing to release him if he would like to move back home I really do not know.

Modo is not the only ones to be interested.

- Markus is not the only one who has been asking about Mats, said agent Eric Ryman and continues:

- There are many clubs around Europe who are crying out for players like him.

Can there be talk of a move?

- He will try to get back to the NHL, and although he would remain in the AHL and will move back to Europe so I can not negotiate with any club before the Rangers have given the green light. It is entirely up to them.
Rangers will not send him to Europe to play out the season for nothing, they will try to get something for him on the market first...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 04:46 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

This does not seem like news to me.
Quote:
He will try to get back to the NHL
-FIN-

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 04:56 AM
Superstar Carwash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Rangers will not send him to Europe to play out the season for nothing, they will try to get something for him on the market first...
Agreed. Although I'm quite sure there's been teams asking about him. I dunno what the Rangers are thinking regarding MZA tbh. He's on the last year of the contract, he's playing in the Whale, yet he's not been traded? I mean, isn't this just poor management of assets? MZA will sure as hell not sign another contract with the Rangers just to play for the Whale, and I doubt the Rangers would offer another contract either. So why not just move him? For like, anything?

I'm sure MZA will play out the season overseas, then see what kind of offers he gets from other teams, both in NHL and europe and KHL.

Old
10-30-2011, 05:08 AM
TigerJack

This is not a rumor.
Modo has ALWAYS wanted back Zucca. So this is nothing new. Of course they would want him back. Who wouldnt want back the MVP of SEL?

I agree with those questioning Rangers´ plans. What do they really want with him, and if he does not fit in the team, why don´t they trade him??

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 06:04 AM
Brasero

I highly doubt Zuke has any interest in going back to Sweden. He's pretty ambitious I reckon, so it's either another NHL side or KHL if he is gonna leave AHL early.

Brasero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 06:44 AM
Superstar Carwash

Hmm, maybe change the headline to "news article" instead? I agree that this is not really a rumor and I might have been hasty in looking through the different tag lines.

There IS news to it though, as Markus Näslund just recently enquired about the availability of MZA.

Old
10-30-2011, 08:32 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Zuccarello is under contract with the Rangers until the end of this season. Case closed.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 08:35 AM
usual suspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Zuccarello is under contract with the Rangers until the end of this season. Case closed.
Players under NHL contracts have been "loaned" to clubs in Europe before.

usual suspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Superstar Carwash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Doesn't mean he can't be moved to Europe or bolt to KHL. Stranger things have happened. And considering that neither Torts or Sather seems to know what to do with him, I wouldn't be suprised if he was loaned, although I don't know all the rules and regulations for letting a player go on loan to europe or whatever.

With that said, I don't think he will. He's a pure professional and will act like one and see his contract out.

Old
10-30-2011, 09:01 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashiva View Post
Doesn't mean he can't be moved to Europe or bolt to KHL. Stranger things have happened. And considering that neither Torts or Sather seems to know what to do with him, I wouldn't be suprised if he was loaned, although I don't know all the rules and regulations for letting a player go on loan to europe or whatever.

With that said, I don't think he will. He's a pure professional and will act like one and see his contract out.
I believe that the days of "bolting" while under contract are over. Didn't the NHL and KHL sign some sort of agreement to respect each other's contracts?

No one knows where MZA will wind up next year, but the Rangers control his rights for the 2011-2012 season.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 09:11 AM
UlfNilsson

What a waste of talent. It's been said a million times but this kid needs ice time. I used to think Torts was a good coach for this team, but this season has caused me to have some serious doubts. To grab some dialogue from Apocalypse Now -

Torts: Did they say why, Graves, why they want to terminate my command?

Graves: I was sent on a classified mission, sir.

Torts: It's no longer classified, is it? What did they tell you?

Graves: They told me that you had gone totally insane, and that your methods were unsound.

Torts: Are my methods unsound?

Graves: I don't see any method at all... Sir.

UlfNilsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 12:25 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

What benefit do the Rangers receive from loaning Zuccarello to Sweden?

Zuccarello is under contract to the Rangers until the end of this season. He signed the contract.

Why is that so hard to understand?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

@NYR twitter: Torts says they considered recalling Zuccarello, but they can't find a role for him on the 4th line.

Zuccarello is in the minors simply because theres no available spot for him on the other lines at the moment, it has nothing to do with lack of skill. I believe he'll be back with the Rangers soon, it's just a matter of time. Zuccarello needs to be patient, and I think he knows.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 01:43 PM
NickyFotiu

Zooks has NHL talent and multiple NHL teams will be interested in him. Zooks will be in the NHL next season. He wants to play in the NHL. This is just the overseas media speculating because many Euro teams would want Zook to help their teams.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 01:45 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
@NYR twitter: Torts says they considered recalling Zuccarello, but they can't find a role for him on the 4th line.

Zuccarello is in the minors simply because theres no available spot for him on the other lines at the moment, it has nothing to do with lack of skill. I believe he'll be back with the Rangers soon, it's just a matter of time. Zuccarello needs to be patient, and I think he knows.
I'd actuaaly like to see him called up to play with Cally and Dubi for a stint, they could use his vison and passing to get going without disassembling gaborik and richards

wolski-richards-gabby
zucca-dubi-cally
stepan-ani-tank
someone-boyle-prust

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 03:22 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
I'd actuaaly like to see him called up to play with Cally and Dubi for a stint, they could use his vison and passing to get going without disassembling gaborik and richards

wolski-richards-gabby
zucca-dubi-cally
stepan-ani-tank
someone-boyle-prust
"NYDNRangers Pat Leonard
by PuckCentral
Tortorella said the Whale initially gave him Zuccarello's name, but he wants to keep top-3 lines together and doesnt see ice time for Zucc"

I think this means goodbye for a spot for Zuke this year. Torts moving those top 3 lines around all the time. What he say here is BS

Last edited by fredrikstad: 10-30-2011 at 03:27 PM.
fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Xtranova

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
"NYDNRangers Pat Leonard
by PuckCentral
Tortorella said the Whale initially gave him Zuccarello's name, but he wants to keep top-3 lines together and doesnt see ice time for Zucc"

I think this means goodbye for a spot for Zuke this year. Torts moving those top 3 lines around all the time. What he say here is BS
It's funny how he "wants to keep those lines together" ...

+1...

I think we keep failing in Novermber too. Torts will be gone before Zucc. Fingers crossed.

(And no I do not wish my team bad fortune because of Zuccarello, but I want Torts gone as I believe it is the best for this team in general as they are plain boring to watch style wise now)

Xtranova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 03:33 PM
JimmyStart*

I will say that since he juggles those lines around constantly I see no reason why MZA was given no top ice time. Line with MZA, artie and Dubs I think could have been pretty good.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 03:36 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
"NYDNRangers Pat Leonard
by PuckCentral

Considering the lines have been left alone for about 13 minutes thus far I think you might be overreacting just a tad.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Don't care what he does.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Don't care what he does.
Does it not bother you Rangersfans that you are one of, if not the most boring team in the NHL?

Im guessing and hoping he rides it out and stays in NA this season, if he leaves now the rangers will own his rights, just work hard and get a call up, if not im sure he will get a contract from another NHL team next year. Also the whale have a pretty strong team, maybee he will win something with them if he does not get a call up..

Last edited by Norwegian: 10-30-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 04:38 PM
Dagh

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Considering the lines have been left alone for about 13 minutes thus far I think you might be overreacting just a tad.

That was sort of his point. The lines haven't been kept together much at all, meaning the reason given for not moving him up was bogus.

Dagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 05:07 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
Does it not bother you Rangersfans that you are one of, if not the most boring team in the NHL?

Im guessing and hoping he rides it out and stays in NA this season, if he leaves now the rangers will own his rights, just work hard and get a call up, if not im sure he will get a contract from another NHL team next year. Also the whale have a pretty strong team, maybee he will win something with them if he does not get a call up..
Zuccarello doesn't it make it any more exciting.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote