Hi there! I'm editing the players in NHL12. Some I know a lot about, others not as much. I'm trying to watch all teams every here and there, but can't come to that many conclusions with such small sample sizes. I know there are a couple of websites that tracks strenghts/flaws but I thought I could get more accurate help here.
I'll start with Marcel Goc:
- Skates well and has some speed.
- Is usually good in the face off circle.
- Is sound defensively.
- For a depth forward, he's pretty good at holdning onto the puck and will generate offense from time to time.
- Doesn't take a lot of penalties.
- Isn't overly aggressive or physical. Lacks a mean streak.
- Doesn't own a true goal scorers mentality and is inconsistent in terms of offensive production.
Your turn. Don't worry if someone has already posted a player you was going to describe, the more opinions on a player the better. All help is appreciated! Thanks.
I could do kind of a short version about most of the players. Also a suggestion to the overall raitng since your doing this for NHL 12. Hopefully this helps a little at least. (I don't do goalies since I'm not so good at rating goalies)
#4 Keaton Ellerby: OVR 77-79
+ A great skater, good mobility, can hit pretty hard, all around good physical skills.
- Not a very accurate shot, makes some bonehead mistakes once or twice every game. (maybe lack of Off/Def Awareness or something in terms of NHL 12)
#7 Dmitri Kulikov: OVR 83
He's pretty perfectly rated already in the NHL. Good offensive skill except shot accuracy.
#43 Mike Weaver: OVR 79-80
+ Excellent defensively, very good pokechecking, a PK specialist.
- Below average offensively (makes good first passes though), poor stickhandling, off awareness and shot accuracy.
#44 Erik Gudbranson: OVR 75-77
+ Very physical, good hitter, good defensively, aggressive, very hard shot, good first pass
- Not the best stickhandler, average offensively, average skater, no real big weaknesses except being only average offensively.
#51 Brian Campbell: OVR 84-85
+ Excellent skater, passer, puckhandler, PP quarterback. Just one of the best D-men in the NHL offensively. Doesn't shoot that hard (or much) but it's still pretty hard and accurate.
- Ok defensively but not overly good. Not very physical.
#52 Jason Garrison: OVR 81-83
A BOOM of shot, above average offensive skills, skates surprisingly fast straight up but IMO has problems with his mobility aka agility in the game, good balance and hitting although could be more aggressive sometimes. Pretty solid defensively. All in all has a very good shot and is above average all around.
#55 Ed Jovanovski: OVR 81-82
+ Hard shot, pretty good passer, pretty physical, good pokecheck
- Has really lost a step, not really fast anymore
He's big. Not fast enough to be a physical threat. Not good or bad offensively or defensively.
I hope this helps since I just realized that I have to do those forward rating later. Too much work and thinking.