Notices

The STH Meet and Greet Tonight

Old
11-02-2011, 10:54 PM
SpeedyLazaro

vCash: 500
The STH Meet and Greet Tonight

Was an absolute disgrace

could they be anymore militant... yeah yeah yeah, I should be greateful for the opportunity.. most teams don't do that kind of stuff... whatever

I waited in line for 2.5 hours.. when I got to the front they tell us that onle ONE person per account can get autographs.. one per player

They threw a wrsitband on me and my wife couldn't even get autographs or stand in line with me

how about the 4 people that all pay for season tickets and only one of the 4 guys could get autographs.

a big test of patience that really pissed off a lot of people.

SpeedyLazaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 10:56 PM
doc5hole

Weird, another STH was texting me and telling me how happy he was with the whole thing.

doc5hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm usually all about the whole we're lucky for anything we get line of thinking.

That was ****ing awful.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 11:05 PM
SpeedyLazaro

I waited in line for 2.5 hours to get autos from Patrice, Corvo, McQuaid, Thomas, Lucic, Caron, and Marchand.

meanwhile, my wife that waied in line for 2.5 hours got nothing

she was yelled at for taking a picture of Thomas.

To make her happy I used her jersey to get signed by everyone except Thomas.. I had him sign the Sports Illustrated.

They split the team up.. guys like Chara and Seguin were on the other side of the building

Old
11-02-2011, 11:17 PM
LetEmPlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro View Post
I waited in line for 2.5 hours to get autos from Patrice, Corvo, McQuaid, Thomas, Lucic, Caron, and Marchand.

To make her happy I used her jersey to get signed by everyone except Thomas.. I had him sign the Sports Illustrated.

They split the team up.. guys like Chara and Seguin were on the other side of the building
You forgot Ference and Kelly, but yeah it could have been way better.

LetEmPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:

Not a STH but I waited in line for like 4 hours to get Michael Grabner's auto and 8 hours to see the Stanley Cup

I'd wait in line 2 days to get that many guys autographs haha. I understand how it would suck that your friends couldnt too but its stil pretty cool

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 11:39 PM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetEmPlay View Post
You forgot Ference and Kelly, but yeah it could have been way better.
Yeah...My wife, like most women, find Andy Ferrence to be a nice lookin gent.

I said "look.. can you please let my wife take a pic with Andy" ... Ferrence nods and says it's alright.

the rep sees that my wife doesn't have a wristband and just says "NO"

really? "No" .. we wait in line for hours and not only is she prohibited to get autographs, but she can't snap a picture with a Bruin

Old
11-03-2011, 12:00 AM
SpeedyLazaro

I've met Looch twice now and he's a super friendly guy.

Old
11-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Yeah, it was a bit extreme. My fiancee was super excited to meet the guys and got there early. Unfortunately I didn't realize they had 2 doors going tonight and you had to go to the side your ticket specified so her waiting in line was for naught. When we did get in and go through the ridiculous line it was extremely quick. I didn't mind too too much as honestly I was only going so she could meet the guys but I'm glad that I ended up going instead of my brother with her- that would have sucked for him to be told that after 2.5 hours that only 1 of them could have something signed and then be moved down the line like cattle.

Thankfully she was excited and didn't mind too much. She got to meet Thomas so she was all over the top about it. But, I've had better experiences in terms of the way an event like that has been handled. Make no mistake though- the guys were great. They were friendly, they tried to make small talk and wanted to interact. Even Caron wanting to go to the bathroom made sure to go down the line signing things for people so he wouldn't miss anyone. Great stuff from the guys.

If I were to make a suggestion for next time, I'd say try not to jam the whole thing into 1 night or not make it available to everyone- have it be a lottery type deal and just make sure STH's over 2-3 seasons are able to have a chance to get in (and hey, there you go for encouraging STHs over the long haul). Otherwise just have 3-4 nights over the season and have a selected group for each. Do the 2 sides if you want still but make it so that people aren't rushed through after long waits like they were tonight.

Also, if you're going to do an event like this, you should have more things available for sale during the walk up that people can get signed. I know it's not an event to upsell fans more but I'm sure folks who came with Stanley Cup gear for instance wouldn't have minded having a Bruins puck signed by Joe Corvo instead

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:41 AM
Johnny Upton

I very much agree with a lot of what has been said in this thread. I am very grateful that they did this for us STHs, but at the same time I think it could have been handled a lot differently.

I understand the logistics of allowing everyone that attends an autograph. However, if I am paying for 2 seats, why am I only being allowed 1 opportunity to have something signed? I kind of felt as if my investment for the 2nd seat was totally marginalized. I can only imagine how those who have 4 seats felt when they were informed that they were only being allowed 1 autograph per account.

I agree with what DWatson783 suggested.....maybe next time they can split it up over multiple nights so that the fans that are investing their time and money can get a more personal experience rather than feeling like they are being herded through like cattle. Just my .02.

Johnny Upton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 05:31 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Was an absolute disgrace

could they be anymore militant... yeah yeah yeah, I should be greateful for the opportunity.. most teams don't do that kind of stuff... whatever

I waited in line for 2.5 hours.. when I got to the front they tell us that onle ONE person per account can get autographs.. one per player

They threw a wrsitband on me and my wife couldn't even get autographs or stand in line with me

how about the 4 people that all pay for season tickets and only one of the 4 guys could get autographs.

Positive that was in the email they sent around.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 05:49 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Not a STH and never will be as I live to far away and am to poor. That being said It's sounds pretty BS the way they operated this autograph session. It should go by how many seats you own not the account. I would be pretty mad if I paid for 2 tix for my Wife and myself but only one of us could participate..... even worse if you had kids.

SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 07:22 AM
Bruins Chica
A dream come true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Upton View Post
I very much agree with a lot of what has been said in this thread. I am very grateful that they did this for us STHs, but at the same time I think it could have been handled a lot differently.

I understand the logistics of allowing everyone that attends an autograph. However, if I am paying for 2 seats, why am I only being allowed 1 opportunity to have something signed? I kind of felt as if my investment for the 2nd seat was totally marginalized. I can only imagine how those who have 4 seats felt when they were informed that they were only being allowed 1 autograph per account.

I agree with what DWatson783 suggested.....maybe next time they can split it up over multiple nights so that the fans that are investing their time and money can get a more personal experience rather than feeling like they are being herded through like cattle. Just my .02.
I agree that it is a nice thing they didn't have to do. And I am one that would wait in the line. That doesn't bother me. Bolded is what was wrong with this night for me. We have 2 adults that share the tickets and pay for their own seats. They asked who was our rep for our tickets. I asked what that entailed...woman said to me you hand the players what you want autographed and the other stands beside you. The bracelet goes on and the woman says to my friend (who has had these tickets herself for 30 years) now you go behind the rope. WHAT? Then she was yelled at for taking pictures from behind the rope.

Luckily our boys aren't jerks and most of them signed both her shirt and my book. But it still makes no sense to me. We pay for 2, we should at least get 2 autographs.

Quick story from last night...Z was at the end and he signed my book and I put the shirt down quick and he went to sign and the guy said ONE AUTOGRAPH. I said Oh, sorry. Z looked at me, smiled, and winked...and signed the shirt. He knew the deal. Love our captain!

Oh yeah, and Nathan Horton makes me smile. That's it.

Bruins Chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Griff57

Totally agree with what others here are saying. Did they have to do it? Absolutely not. But the execution of the event was awful.

My 8 year old was extremely excited with the banner that he got signed, and for that matter, so was I. All of the players were great.

The thing that got me, was the fact, I had to actually stand behind a f-ing rope, while my son got the autographs. And I didn't care about getting something signed for myself. In all fairness, they did say one autograph per account in the email. That doesn't make it right. It should be however many tickets you pay for. But maybe that part didn't bother me as much last night, because I expected it.

I just feel that I shouldve at least been able to meet them myself, and be able to shake their hands, and say thanks for bringing the cup back to boston. I just can't get over the fact I was actually seperated. Not right at all in my opinion. Also,I tried taking a picture of my son getting patrices autograph, and was yelled at immediately. Patrice said it was ok, he didn't mind right after.

Like I said, the players we met were all awesome. But this couldve been put together much better than it was

Griff57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:41 AM
CassiePEI

I was grateful for the oportunity, but it was a logistical nightmare! When my brother and I walked up at 6:15, the line was so long we almost said forget it. But we stayed, and I'm glad we did. It was a looong loooong wait, though.

The way they ran the cup photo op was perfect. If everyone had a designated time frame, then the line would've been shorter, and it would've gone more smoothly.

One signature was disappointing...if you had known ahead of time you could've lied and said you were by yourself instead of in a group.

Did everyone who came get in? The line was completely gone when we left aroundd 8:30. We were wondering if the line was so long that they turned people away.

The players were great, and took the time to chat with us. I felt bad that I didn't have anything for Corvo to sign, because I had a pic of the cup. He didn't seem to mind, guess I wasn't the first to not was his autograpg!

All in all it was kind of frustrating, and could've been organized a lot better. However it was totally worth the wait, and id do it again!

CassiePEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Alicat
Charge!

It was definitely done poorly. By the end of the night they were wiped. Guys were a bit grumpy and I don't blame them.

They need to split it up over a few events

I had a completely different experience because I have a single ticket. I feel awful for everyone who's experience sucked.

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:45 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Yeah...My wife, like most women, find Andy Ferrence to be a nice lookin gent.
Hm. Never knew that.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:52 AM
DarrenBanks56

Last autograph I got was Rick Middleton when I was like 7 years old. i remember he was at the ground round in shrewsbury.

Id feel weird having someone younger than me sign something for me.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

The thing I don't understand about this event is why give 4 tickets to an account with 4 seats if only one person can get an autograph? It just makes the line longer, frustrates both the staff working and the fans that are there. With no pictures allowed and it literally just being a signing, why would someone who didn't have a wristband wait in line for 2 hours to just see the players (with a terrible view) from the other side of the rope?

We were lucky. A friend of ours decided not to go into the signing because the lines were too long while we were having a few beers. He gave me his ticket, which was on the opposite entrance of where our tickets were. Between my boyfriend and I, we were able to get everyone that was there. He went in by himself, and I went in with another friend that had the same entrance as my new ticket.

Finally got in towards the end -- probably right up against 9. The guys were MISERABLE. I don't blame them one bit. As much as we complain about being shuttled through a line like that and how impersonal it is, it probably sucks way more for them. Just an endless stream of faceless people. I'm sure that the majority of people asked for things they weren't supposed to (photo, extra autograph, etc), and the players probably felt bad about having to say no or having the reps standing around them say no.

The only guys on my side that were still smiling and pleasant when we got through the line were Lucic, Ference, and McQuaid (although that could be because he was laughing when my friend asked if she could touch his mullet). Peverley was nice, too. When people like Bergeron and Thomas look pissy, you know something's gone bad.

My friend's old rep who is now in charge of all of the reps was there at the end when we got our bracelets. She said that it was awful for everyone, people were being mean, trying to sneak extra things, and everyone was just tired and cranky.

If that's how events like that are going to be now, I'm just not going to go. It's not worth the aggravation and time out of my day -- if it's just to get signatures, just send every account a signed photo.

Again, I don't blame the guys for being cranky. I would be too. Clearly it wasn't enjoyable for them, and it made an already unenjoyable experience worse for us as fans because we literally felt like we were bothering the players.

Just a mess all around.

Last edited by Kate08: 11-03-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old
11-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
Hm. Never knew that.
100% true.

Old
11-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiePEI View Post
I was grateful for the oportunity, but it was a logistical nightmare! When my brother and I walked up at 6:15, the line was so long we almost said forget it. But we stayed, and I'm glad we did. It was a looong loooong wait, though.

The way they ran the cup photo op was perfect. If everyone had a designated time frame, then the line would've been shorter, and it would've gone more smoothly.

One signature was disappointing...if you had known ahead of time you could've lied and said you were by yourself instead of in a group.

Did everyone who came get in? The line was completely gone when we left aroundd 8:30. We were wondering if the line was so long that they turned people away.

The players were great, and took the time to chat with us. I felt bad that I didn't have anything for Corvo to sign, because I had a pic of the cup. He didn't seem to mind, guess I wasn't the first to not was his autograpg!

All in all it was kind of frustrating, and could've been organized a lot better. However it was totally worth the wait, and id do it again!
He was so good with all of the cup stuff. He signed my picture border even though he wasn't in it. He saw me take off my heels while were waiting and offered me his seat I said welcome to Boston and he said thanks. he was a bit skittish.

Ference's eye was fantastic. What a work of art. He laughed cuz I was like wow. I think he got that a lot last night.

Kate, same thing here. A friend gave me a ticket and I was able to go and get them all as well.

Kelly was as he described in his mini bio the night before a bit grumpy. Looks like the newborn is keeping him awake at night.

I am Boston Strong

Old
11-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Where was Thornton?

I had a ticket stub in my wallet that I had Caron and Corvo sign. Caron had already signed the photo I had with me, and I felt weird having Corvo sign a Cup photo.

Old
11-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Where was Thornton?

I had a ticket stub in my wallet that I had Caron and Corvo sign. Caron had already signed the photo I had with me, and I felt weird having Corvo sign a Cup photo.
He had a charity wine tasting for the aspca. Where was Seids?

Old
11-03-2011, 09:40 AM
gobosox00

Thought the STH autograph session was fantastic and well organized (surprisingly) last night. We had the East entrance and got to meet and get autographs from Caron, Bergy, Corvo, Ference, Kelly, Peverly, Lucic, Thomas, McQuaid and Marchand. Did anyone have the West side extrance? I know Seguin was over there because he tweeted it but I'm curious who else was over there. I really thought they did a great job setting the whole thing up and the players were great!

Last edited by gobosox00: 11-03-2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: EDIT: Whoops didn't realize there was a seperate thread for this, Mods feel free to merge
gobosox00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:46 AM
gobosox00

Quote:
Was an absolute disgrace

Jeeze, people would have complained insanely if they just had it as a free for all and people were running around everywhere. They actually set it up in a structured way so that everyone could meet as many players as possible without it taking 10 hours and people complain anyway. Apparently they can't win. I thought it was fantastic.

We got there at 5:15 to wait in line, we were through the line and got Caron, Ference, Kelly, Peverly, Marchand, Corvo, McQuaid, Lucic, Thomas and Bergeron. All the players were really nice and signed whatever we wanted. My wife got the wrist band and got to go up to them but I was still able to talk to them and reach over and shake their hands from behind the little roped off area. If they let everyone go up and every single person get an autograph the players would have been there until 2 AM. I thought the way they put it together was perfect.

gobosox00 is offline   Reply With Quote