HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 former prospects at camps

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2004, 07:58 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
3 former prospects at camps

Habs former 6th round pick in '02, Andre Deveaux has been invited to the Lighting's rookie camp. Also Scott Selig a '00 draft pick who was picked 172nd overall, finished his season in the NCAA has been invited to the Stars rookie camp. With Himelfarb being at the Wings camp, as he signed with them at the end of last season.

Old
09-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Ryan_Habs_16

as dumb as this may sound, does that mean Selig is not with the habs organization anymore?

Old
09-08-2004, 09:07 PM
penopekoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Habs_16
as dumb as this may sound, does that mean Selig is not with the habs organization anymore?
Yes. I wonder what the Stars are thinking - Selig has only declined over the past few years. Last year's season was terrible. I'll be interested to see what type of impression he makes. Deveaux is a bit more promising.

Old
09-08-2004, 09:10 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Habs_16

To be honest I don't know how since I was under the impression that we had one full year after a college player finished school. He just finished at Northeastern as his four years are done, so either we gave the stars permission to invite him or we don't hold his rights, I'm not sure. It's interesting cause Ryan Glenn is in the same boat.

What makes even less sense is that Selig is coming off his worst year in the NCAA after an already disappointing career, his senior year was expected to be a big one, but injuries got in the way and he was held pointless all season long. On the other hand, Ryan Glenn had the best year of his four years in the NCAA by a wide margin and even helped his team win a big upset in the playoffs, yet I haven't heard a word about him as it seems perhaps the Habs are not interested in him either. I know Shasby was in the same boat as Selig/Glenn last summer, and he was signed around this time last year, as I spoke to him and he said a deal was in the works before he went to camp, while Glenn wasn't even invited. I know it's not a big loss for Selig or Glenn, but with the lack of defensive depth in Hamilton, Glenn I had hoped would have been signed to play in the ECHL.

Old
09-16-2004, 10:50 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Just read that Ryan Glenn has been invited to the Rangers camp. He was an '00 pick taken 145th overall. Selig was taken the next pick at 172nd overall. From our 2000 draft of 11 picks, only 5 remain. (Hainsey, Hossa, Larrivee, Eneqvist and Puurula)

Also Tampa assigned Deveaux to the AHL for now.

Old
09-16-2004, 11:17 PM
db23

I don't know that the rookie camp invitations mean that much. Most of the time it is just so they have enough players on hand for intra squad scrimmages.

Old
09-16-2004, 11:20 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
I don't know that the rookie camp invitations mean that much. Most of the time it is just so they have enough players on hand for intra squad scrimmages.

Ryan Glenn will be at the Hartford camp.

Old
09-16-2004, 11:47 PM
db23

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Makes sense. New England must be his home by now. It is similar to Montreal inviting a few local kids to their camp on tryouts. I'm sure that Montreal has spoken with Glenn and given him their blessing to catch on wherever he can. He is 24 already, so he has to prove something quickly.

Old
09-17-2004, 12:40 PM
eddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I was hoping we'd sign Glenn he had a good final season in the NCAA, dought he woulda made Bulldogs but maybe like Shasby play one year ECHL then move his way up.

Closed Thread