HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Sauer seeing progress

Old
09-19-2011, 11:29 AM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Sauer seeing progress

I don't think the guy will ever play in the NHL again, but still, some good news:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...treatment.html

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 11:46 AM
doaner

He is a guy I really enjoyed watching. I wish him all the best. Hope he can return someday.

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Stor
Rookie User

Neck injuries are just terrible and even worse when it happens to an athlete like Sauer. There are definitely some worse things you can do but the fact that he really hasn't gotten much better doesn't surprise me. Do I keep my fingers crossed? Yes. Do I hope he'll get to play another game before he retires? Yes. But I really don't think the odds for either are all that high.

Stor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Old Man Barking

Hate to bump this. I was wondering if he had "officially" retire yet or is he still hoping to return one day?

Thanks guys.

Old Man Barking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:32 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBoddington View Post
Hate to bump this. I was wondering if he had "officially" retire yet or is he still hoping to return one day?

Thanks guys.
that's irrelevant, it's more like can he get a normal life. He is in our (the Coyote fan base) prayers
Us fans knows what a concussion can do to a person and the challenges it invokes... Don't let the Chicago fans tell you otherwise...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:27 PM
HockeyHillbilly

Hi everyone, been a while since I've posted here. Followed the Yotes to the end this year and will continue to in the future.

Last Saturday I went out with Kurt & his brother Michael fishing at Saguaro Lake. I posted this last night in the Rangers forum. We didn't talk a lot of hockey. Mostly family, "Back Home" and fishing. I did ask them both before we went out if being on a boat would be an issue and they said no. Judging from the results, I'd agree...

Sauer Brothers Bass Fishing Saguaro Lake, AZ

HockeyHillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyHillbilly View Post
Hi everyone, been a while since I've posted here. Followed the Yotes to the end this year and will continue to in the future.

Last Saturday I went out with Kurt & his brother Michael fishing at Saguaro Lake. I posted this last night in the Rangers forum. We didn't talk a lot of hockey. Mostly family, "Back Home" and fishing. I did ask them both before we went out if being on a boat would be an issue and they said no. Judging from the results, I'd agree...

Good for him! A real shame about his career, but if he's able to go out on a boat, at least it seems that he can live comfortably.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:55 PM
ScottsdaleYote

He's a really good guy and he has raised some really great kids. Incredibly well behaved, respectful, and nice...very good hockey players too.

ScottsdaleYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Im definitely glad to hear about any improvement. I wish Kurt the best. Its a shame to see his career and life impacted in such a way.

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:54 PM
zLiMbiLLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyHillbilly View Post

That vid gave a warmth in my chest.
Love fishing myself and didnt quite believe there are good fishing places in AZ, but that looks good. Also putting hope to his rehabilitation, he's a nice guy. Too bad he most likely wont return.

zLiMbiLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:38 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

With the injury that he suffered, being able to play hockey at a high level should be the least of his worries.

Good to hear and see that he is doing a lot better. Livelihood is more important than a game.

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Coyote_Fan

Has it ever bee stated what his injury is? Just a massive concussion or worse?

Coyote_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:06 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
Has it ever bee stated what his injury is? Just a massive concussion or worse?
It was reported a couple years ago he was suffering from inner ear type symptoms. Possibly affecting his balance and maybe some vertigo.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote