HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Road trip Panthers vs Rangers December 11th

Old
12-02-2011, 05:06 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

vCash: 500
Road trip Panthers vs Rangers December 11th

Me and the wife are going to take a trip to New York to watch the Panthers take on the Rangers next weekend. Who else is going and what can we expect dressed in our Panthers finest from the home crowd. Figured I'd de-railed the mall cop thread enough and would start a new thread.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 07:27 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Never been to the Garden, but unless it was a Devils/Flyers/Islanders game, I doubt its that bad. I wouldnt be worried about it.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 07:38 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

You will be fine. Flyers, islanders jerseys different story. You'll get less attention then at a lightning game.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 08:14 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

I went to the Kings game last night in my Panthers jersey. It was my first time at a game as one of the away team fans. I was surprised at how many jerks there were that had something stupid to say. I had to tell one idiot that I was a Kings fan as well and I didnt care who won to get him to shut up. Having experienced the super rude Canadiens fans at the BAC, I thought I was a pretty good away fan. I clapped for all good plays for both teams and didnt go crazy when Florida scored. I have to say my opinion of Kings fans as a whole went down quite a bit because of it. Ive always stated that my rule as a fan of two teams is that I am a Panthers fan first and in the unlikely scenario that the Kings and the Panthers play in the Cup Finals I would root for whichever team hadnt won a Cup at that point and if neither had won a Cup then I would go with the Kings because theyre the older franchise. But now that those fans were such jerks I might amend the rule to be I would root for the Panthers in the Cup finals if neither team had won a Cup at that point. Anyways to get back on topic, I dont think you will see a physical altercation but I am guessing you will get lots of comments, it aint like New Yorkers are known for their reserve.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 08:17 PM
blackpanthers

I'm not so sure I agree with the you'll be fine sentiment on here. A couple of years back I went up to NY to see Springsteen at MSG and I wore my panthers jersey to the show. I got **** all night from people about wearing the panthers jersey in the garden. Considering that was a concert and not even a hockey game I would advise being cautious.

blackpanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 09:19 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Blackpanther I think the concert goers are different crowd. Ranger fans underneath the NY exterior are very knowledgeable, and enjoy talking hockey 24/7.

Conduct yourself the way we wish every opposing fan would at BAC and I'll be shocked if you don't have a great experience.

and share pictures!

Old
12-02-2011, 10:51 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Blackpanther I think the concert goers are different crowd. Ranger fans underneath the NY exterior are very knowledgeable, and enjoy talking hockey 24/7.

Conduct yourself the way we wish every opposing fan would at BAC and I'll be shocked if you don't have a great experience.

and share pictures!
this.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 01:15 AM
iam76

these are the same fans as Yankee fans.. who will take your hat off and throw it over the ledge... I expect to be harassed the whole game.
I will be there with my fiance.. She bought me panther tickets for my birthday.
She finally is figuring out how to please me with the gifts! :O

iam76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 07:44 AM
blackpanthers

Quote:
I might be biased since I grew up as an Islander fan in NYC. I remember going to an islander-ranger game at MSG in the mid 70's. The Islanders scored, I cheered, the d-bag behind me spilled a beer on me. I was 8 years old.

Old
12-03-2011, 09:11 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpanthers View Post
I might be biased since I grew up as an Islander fan in NYC. I remember going to an islander-ranger game at MSG in the mid 70's. The Islanders scored, I cheered, the d-bag behind me spilled a beer on me. I was 8 years old.
Ya seen plenty of it at both rinks. Was in a brawl at the colliseum with
Over a similar incident... It was the greatest rivalry in the NHL in those times ... Has lost luster with isles demise which is a shame.
Again, outside of ranger flyers rangers isles you'll be fine. There's morons in every arena. Last Tampa panther game there was a brawl so ...

Old
12-03-2011, 09:31 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam76 View Post
these are the same fans as Yankee fans.. who will take your hat off and throw it over the ledge... I expect to be harassed the whole game.
I will be there with my fiance.. She bought me panther tickets for my birthday.
She finally is figuring out how to please me with the gifts! :O
Used to go to 20-30 Yankee games a year never saw that. Even at redsox games. maybe I've been lucky.

The ugliest crowds I've seen are dolphin jets. Mind you I'm a giant fan and don't care for the jets but the half dozen games I've been too down here are disgusting on both fans sides to where I stopped going.

Go to the worlds most famous arena. Have a great time. Introduce yourself to the left and right. Get a big pretzel and have a blast!!

Old
12-03-2011, 09:46 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
I went to the Kings game last night in my Panthers jersey. It was my first time at a game as one of the away team fans. I was surprised at how many jerks there were that had something stupid to say. I had to tell one idiot that I was a Kings fan as well and I didnt care who won to get him to shut up. Having experienced the super rude Canadiens fans at the BAC, I thought I was a pretty good away fan. I clapped for all good plays for both teams and didnt go crazy when Florida scored. I have to say my opinion of Kings fans as a whole went down quite a bit because of it. Ive always stated that my rule as a fan of two teams is that I am a Panthers fan first and in the unlikely scenario that the Kings and the Panthers play in the Cup Finals I would root for whichever team hadnt won a Cup at that point and if neither had won a Cup then I would go with the Kings because theyre the older franchise. But now that those fans were such jerks I might amend the rule to be I would root for the Panthers in the Cup finals if neither team had won a Cup at that point. Anyways to get back on topic, I dont think you will see a physical altercation but I am guessing you will get lots of comments, it aint like New Yorkers are known for their reserve.
I guess the bottom line is there are arse holes every where, eh?

Old
12-03-2011, 11:17 AM
iam76

There are arses everywhere... But living on the border of the redsox yankee war my whole life i can tell you i have seen the hat situation once... But most of the trash i have dealt with depends on seating. closer i am the less bs i deal with... now i expect a lil trash but usually i just smile and tell them to relax and im a person just like you and if he / her wants i will give them a hug right about then to show them sure your making fun of me but its ok were just people.. OR i will claim they are wearing some article of clothing of mine and start twitching a bit.... Usually they will leave me be if they think the marbles are not all in working order...

iam76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 11:20 AM
RainingRats

I'm not sure what my schedule will be like but I'll probably be going.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 12:07 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam76 View Post
There are arses everywhere... But living on the border of the redsox yankee war my whole life i can tell you i have seen the hat situation once... But most of the trash i have dealt with depends on seating. closer i am the less bs i deal with... now i expect a lil trash but usually i just smile and tell them to relax and im a person just like you and if he / her wants i will give them a hug right about then to show them sure your making fun of me but its ok were just people.. OR i will claim they are wearing some article of clothing of mine and start twitching a bit.... Usually they will leave me be if they think the marbles are not all in working order...
Lol... Give em the touret's act!

Old
12-03-2011, 12:28 PM
blackpanthers

Quote:
Lol... Give em the touret's act!
I used to do that on the subway when I was coming home in the middle of the night from the city. I had to take the A train and it would go through bed-sty/east ny and that usually kept the scary looking groups away from me lmao