HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

If Radulov were to return towards the end of the season...

Old
11-09-2011, 01:46 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Alright!
As I see it he is suspended by his club and currently under article 9.1 d(iii) of CBA.
He is under ELS contract with Nashville Predators with one year remaining on it followed by RFA status.
I would think that from NHL and NHLPA legal point of view under current CBA his contract with any other club but Nashville Predators is not recognized. So technically for NHL he is not playing.
Thereafter he is not re-entry waiver eligible and can return to his Club at anytime if club lift the suspention.

Sorry if I am wrong but thats how I see it.
that is the other way to look at it... whatever he is doing now is "illegitimate" in the eyes of the NHL so doesnt matter and would be the same as if he had just taken his toys and gone home and not played anywhere.

the whole point is, the NHL isnt going to punish the preds when they didnt do anything wrong. And if anyone wants to complain, I'd like to know what the greivance process would be in this circumstance. The NHLPA wouldnt have standing to object, as presumably Rads isnt even a member in good standing, and in any case they would likely be supporting bringing him back. Other teams?? get real... Bettman would tell them to hush and move along... but even if they didnt want to comply what remedy would they have? Has there been a case where a single team or even multiple teams tried to intervene in a situation like this?? can teams file a greivance against the league and have a hearing??

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 05:07 PM
tserberis*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
If Radulov comes back following this NHL season, the end of his suspension and extension of his EL status is simple .... 12-13 as his final ELC season, RFA the year following. If we try to bring him back during the season, it gets tricky with 13.23 since he isn't Loaned to the KHL. 9.1d(iii) explains how we've kept him under the final year of his ELC contract since July 2008 ... how it would interact with 13.23 if he attempts a mid-season comeback is a matter of doubt.
It would not interact with 13.23. He is not under contract in Europe for NHL, do you know what I mean. His contract with KHL club in not legit.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:12 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
It would not interact with 13.23. He is not under contract in Europe for NHL, do you know what I mean. His contract with KHL club in not legit.
The IIHF allowed it in 2008, he's since extended it, there are several points that can be made to argue that it is a legit contract done when there wasn't an agreement between the NHL and KHL to govern transfers and prevent poaching.

13.23 specifies a player playing in a league outside North America ... something Radulov has quite obviously been guilty of for the past three plus seasons.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 08:19 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
I wouldn't think so because he is still Nashvilles property as a suspended player I would be shocked if he needed too.

I don't want him to return in april The time lines don't match up. If he makes the playoffs, then there is no way he can get back here in time to make a real impact. Ending his season on the 26th of febuarary is also just a little tight. Do we really want to add him this late into a season?

Wait until next season. I want a full year and playoffs from Rads.
I agree with you!

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:28 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The IIHF allowed it in 2008, he's since extended it, there are several points that can be made to argue that it is a legit contract done when there wasn't an agreement between the NHL and KHL to govern transfers and prevent poaching.

13.23 specifies a player playing in a league outside North America ... something Radulov has quite obviously been guilty of for the past three plus seasons.
As far as I know NHL does not give a **** about IIHF. So it really does not matter what they allow or do. For the NHL he only has a legit contract with Preds. End of story.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Daddy wants a full year of Radulov, no half year bs

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 01:01 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
Daddy wants a full year of Radulov, no half year bs
So if we end up not being able to land anyone at the deadline but Radulov has the chance to come back and openly says it, you wouldnt want him for the rest of season and playoffs?

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
So if we end up not being able to land anyone at the deadline but Radulov has the chance to come back and openly says it, you wouldnt want him for the rest of season and playoffs?
that is my stance ... I want a full year of him, not a half year or less

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 01:45 PM
token grinder

ok, so here is the question....and put yourself in Poile's shoes here:

Do you take a couple months of Radulov and quite possibly make a deep, deep run in the Stanley Cup playoffs? It may well sway 20 and 6 to sign up long-term. it is a commitment to winning and cannot be miscontrued as anything else from our frugal organization.

or

draw your line in the sand and make him play a full year next year, possibly without some of the ammo from this year and wonder what might have been?

I go for it.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 03:37 PM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post

Do you take a couple months of Radulov and quite possibly make a deep, deep run in the Stanley Cup playoffs? It may well sway 20 and 6 to sign up long-term. it is a commitment to winning and cannot be miscontrued as anything else from our frugal organization.

or

draw your line in the sand and make him play a full year next year, possibly without some of the ammo from this year and wonder what might have been?

I go for it.
I go for it as well. Radulov's new contract will be tricky though, that's for sure.

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post

or

I go for it.
and what if we don't do well in the playoffs? We wasted him.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Very tricky scenario. We seem to be progressing pretty well with the pieces we have in place, so if we were to lose him after this season would it be THAT bad? Or do we take that theory and play this year out and then plug him in next year if that's the way we chose/it worked out?

All things considered, I think the potential of this current team with 65ish more games and a potential playoff berth under their belt with the addition of Radulov next year could be really, really good.

I say make him play a full season.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 04:38 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

If the owners are for real about ponying up the cash next season then you absolutely bring Radulov back for the play offs. He won't play long enough to justify a huge contract. I wouldn't mind having him for the stretch and the play offs (Rads is a machine in the play offs), and then having him sign a short term deal at a decent price so he can show that he still has it at this level.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 04:50 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
and what if we don't do well in the playoffs? We wasted him.
but maybe we don't flame out in the second round and wonder "what if"

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 08:11 AM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
If the option is there, you take it.

what deadline acquisition can you make for $900k and nothing else in return, that will have an impact like he (might) in the playoffs.

Like SLake originally suggested, if he does well in playoffs, then you talk new contract/extension.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:26 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 507
Quick question: Do the Preds still have the rights to Radulov?

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:27 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximLapierre View Post
Quick question: Do the Preds still have the rights to Radulov?
why won't they stopppppppp

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:30 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Better that they seek out this thread than starting a new one. This site has nearly 100,000 members. Remember, these questions aren't redundant to them like they are to us.

To answer the question, yes, the Preds still hold the rights to Radulov. He has one year left on his ELC, and was suspended by the club once he left for Russia.

Old
11-15-2011, 10:45 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Better that they seek out this thread than starting a new one. This site has nearly 100,000 members. Remember, these questions aren't redundant to them like they are to us.

To answer the question, yes, the Preds still hold the rights to Radulov. He has one year left on his ELC, and was suspended by the club once he left for Russia.
Thank you, and sorry if I've upset anyone. I made sure to try and find the most recent Radulov topic instead of beating a dead horse with you guys.

Thanks again.

Old
11-15-2011, 11:01 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

No problem. There are certain topics that get brought up often around here. Radulov, Weber, and Suter as of late. Like I said, this site is huge. It does get old to a lot of posters, but we have to all keep in mind how big the community really is. I guess our fan base just isn't used to a lot of attention yet

Old
11-15-2011, 11:12 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
No problem. There are certain topics that get brought up often around here. Radulov, Weber, and Suter as of late. Like I said, this site is huge. It does get old to a lot of posters, but we have to all keep in mind how big the community really is. I guess our fan base just isn't used to a lot of attention yet
Yeah, the site's huge, and not everyone knows each teams situations and such, it's hard to keep up. I think the Preds get overlooked a lot also, I keep somewhat of a close eye on them. I also have Fisher and Legwand in my pool, so that's another reason to do so.

Old
11-16-2011, 08:26 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
As far as I know NHL does not give a **** about IIHF. So it really does not matter what they allow or do. For the NHL he only has a legit contract with Preds. End of story.
If this situation were as cut and dry as you try to portray there would be no discussion of it. This isn't a simple if X then Y proposition. 9.1d(iii) states we can suspend him and keep his rights for however long he is gone, but it doesn't say a thing about how he gets brought back into the fold. 13.23 is very clear about players coming to the NHL from outside of NA during the season who weren't loaned to the Euro club and there is no exception in that part of the CBA for a player suspended IAW 9.1d(iii). If/when Radulov decides he wants to come back to the NHL we'll see how the league handles it. This has been one murky situation after another starting in July 2008 when we first heard rumors he had signed in Ufa.

Factor in the agreement between the leagues to "respect" each other's contracts and there is one more layer of potential conflict to work through.

End of story? Not even close.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:09 PM
zellthemedic

Hate to bump old threads, but I didn't want to make a new one.

Anyone note this? Or am I late on this?

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:49 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

He's still listed as Predators property. I think up until not long ago you could order a Sergei Soin jersey.

Dmitri Chesnokov opined that he'd be surprised if Radulov returned this season because of his value on playing in the World Championships, but still believes he'll be back in the NHL next fall.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Let's take half a year as soon as possible. After that, and during negotiations, let's take him on a little educational trip to East TN with some of our more rural fans. During the contract process, he'll be hearing banjos and will do whatever it takes to appease...

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote