HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 14 | La bataille de Montreal | Oilers in Montreal | 5:30 PM MST | SNET-W

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Joseppi

vCash: 131
Hmmm didn't see that tweet from Principe. That's disappointing, I was expecting a big game from him. I guess Hemsky being in kind of makes up for that disappointment though

Old
11-08-2011, 12:18 PM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

vCash: 500
I'm glad that Renney is doing the smart thing by playing Hemsky with Horc and Smyth.
However, even though i kind of agree with Paajarvi sitting for a game, why does he sit but Gagner continues to get a free pass? At least Paajarvi doesn't hurt the team defensively while Gagner has been equally bad in all areas of the ice yet Gagner gets the nod over Paajarvi? I don't get it.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Arpeggio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I'm glad that Renney is doing the smart thing by playing Hemsky with Horc and Smyth.
However, even though i kind of agree with Paajarvi sitting for a game, why does he sit but Gagner continues to get a free pass? At least Paajarvi doesn't hurt the team defensively while Gagner has been equally bad in all areas of the ice yet Gagner gets the nod over Paajarvi? I don't get it.
Gagner's been generating chances, Paajarvi's been basically invisible in the offensive end all season. That's the way I see it.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:22 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Hooray Hemmer's back!

Let's get a W, start the streak all over again.

11-08-2011, 12:25 PM
blackwater

vCash: 50
Quote:
magnus has played every game, and been healthy. gagner is coming back from an injury and has only played half as many games as magnus. that would be my guess for the leway gagner's getting over magnus right now.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:26 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 250
Quote:
I agree. Gagner has been very bad defensively, and when you're looking at who plays on the 3rd line, I want the guy who is responsible with the puck.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:26 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Come on. MPS has twice the games of Gagner who came back from injury. Is it really that mind boggling that he is the one to sit? I'm sure if Gagner doesn't play well he'll be sitting the next one.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Blue And Orange
Kevin Lowe Must GO!!

I'm not expecting Gagner to do well, playing with Belanger and Jones is the worst idea.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:30 PM
OilerBob
The Youth Movement

Quote:
I can’t really think too much about it. I have to play on instinct, that’s how I got here. I play my best hockey when I don’t think. - Magnus Paajarvi
Too Many Mind

Old
11-08-2011, 12:32 PM
OntOilFan

I'd like the Oilers to explode for some offence here ... five or six goals would be just perfect.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:33 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatestOilFan View Post
I'm not expecting Gagner to do well, playing with Belanger and Jones is the worst idea.
Why? As much as a I like PRV, Jones is arguably an upgrade over him right now

Old
11-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

Oilers will dominate on the PP, and I'm calling a 5-2 victory

Oil: Smyth, Hemsky, Hall, Eberle, Hall; RNH gets 3 assists, Horcoff gets 2
Mtl: Pacioretty Moen

GO OIL

Old
11-08-2011, 12:43 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

I'd maybe try Lander-Gagner and then Jones or Eager.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 0
just glad we're not playing the Wild.
I like how we match up against the Montreal team and their style of play.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:47 PM
loyaloil

Hopefully Hemsky lights it up with Smyth and Jones good to have him back in the line up.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Dabomb

Looking forward to tonight's game.. always a treat watching the Oil play in Montreal with the great atmosphere and fans they have. Seems like the Oilers are getting plenty of love in the Hab's GDT.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:48 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
See, there ya go - overthinking again.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Well now it's time to see if Belanger can get something going, he's had one hell of a pile of linemates and his line has yet to be productive. Also if Paajarvi is going to be in the PB for more than a couple of games they may as well send him down for a bit to get his game going.

11-08-2011, 12:57 PM
oilers92

vCash: 788
mps out not surprising hes been meh this year

as for gagner he looked all right at times but he is also getting pp time where as mps doesnt seem to get that but hey maybe mps will buckle down and work hard at it

Old
11-08-2011, 12:59 PM
spot

Welcome back Hemmer

Do we actually have two scoring lines now?

Hall Nugent-Hopkins Eberle
Smyth Horcoff Hemsky

Jones Belanger Gagner
Eager Lander Petrell

Should be a good one. 4-1 Oilers (Gilbert, Smyth, Hopkins, Eberle) Hall 4pts

Old
11-08-2011, 01:22 PM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

Hemsky back should revitalize the 2nd line a bit and keep the Opposition's matchups a little less unfavourable for the kids.

Old
11-08-2011, 01:26 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

I guess what we'll have to see is if Horcoff and Smyth are the best players for Hemsky to play with at this point in his career.

But if he's essentially playing 2nd RW and PP2, is that something you want to give him $5m for?

Old
11-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Harley

The Lander love affair continues. It's beyond stupid now. The kid has done absolutely nothing but Tom Renney thinks he walks on water. Ganger gets pushed to the wing because of him. Belanger should be centreing the fourth line but doesn't because Lander is sooo great. When Hordichuk comes back I imagine we will have to trade someone, probably Eberle, just so Lander can stay up with the team. Is Lander a better player than Omark? Nope. Is Lander a better player than Hartikainen? Nope. Then why the hell is he granted some sort of special status on the Oilers?

Did Renney take a long European vacation about the time Lander was conceived? He must have.

Paajarvi may deserve a night in the box but Lander doesn't deserve the free ride he's getting. I'm trying not to dislike Lander but I always hated the teachers pet. lol

Go Oilers.

Old
11-08-2011, 01:31 PM
OntOilFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
The Lander love affair continues. It's beyond stupid now. The kid has done absolutely nothing but Tom Renney thinks he walks on water. Ganger gets pushed to the wing because of him. Belanger should be centreing the fourth line but doesn't because Lander is sooo great. When Hordichuk comes back I imagine we will have to trade someone, probably Eberle, just so Lander can stay up with the team. Is Lander a better player than Omark? Nope. Is Lander a better player than Hartikainen? Nope. Then why the hell is he granted some sort of special status on the Oilers?

Did Renney take a long European vacation about the time Lander was conceived? He must have.

Paajarvi may deserve a night in the box but Lander doesn't deserve the free ride he's getting. I'm trying not to dislike Lander but I always hated the teachers pet. lol

Go Oilers.
You want to talk about a free ride? Let's talk about the endless opportunities Sam Gagner has gotten and squandered. There's been little to no progression from Gagner as an 18-year-old to the Gagner of today, and given how far he's fallen on the depth charts, his future in Edmonton is essentially nothing.

The only reason to keep Gags in the lineup is to (hopefully) showcase him, increase his value, and then trade him.

Old
11-08-2011, 01:33 PM
HallOfGreatness4

vCash: 800
Great match up between a couple of hockey town teams

Closed Thread