Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME #15 - Winnipeg Jets at Buffalo Sabres

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2011, 12:08 PM
tbcwpg

vCash: 500
I like putting Ladd, Little and Wheeler back together, let them get some chemistry back. They were the best line at the end of last season.

Not a fan of splitting up Thor and Slater. I sort of understand it, as Wellwood has played well so you want to give him a bit more ice time, so you can't put him on the 4th line, but it still doesn't sit right with me.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:09 PM
MadMen88

Byfuglien needs to grab a hold of Vanek, Gerbe or Roy and smack them around a bit. The Jets need to find a fight tonight. Buffalo wants this to be a dangle fest, goal scoring competition. Winnipeg needs to be all over their forwards after every whistle and in between every puck drop. Thorburn or Glass should drop the gloves with someone, or at least try to! I see Winnipeg playing much better when the game gets this way....

Drop the gloves again Kane! I don't know, I think this game has goodie written all over it, especially since Miller is already hot about his game...think of what a couple Jets falling all over him after the whistle could do?? Get in their faces.

GO JETS GO!

Old
11-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Jetbruin

I'm feelin' a win tonight. Just my intuition. 4-2 Jets.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Warhead77
Jets4Life

I predict a very similar finish that we had against the Rangers, that is:

- The Jets will suck the life out of the game with their "garbage hockey" style of play which will frustrate the opposition until one of their snipers opens things up with a late goal in the second. Then the Sabres will add a few more in the third.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

We looked really tired against the Rangers on Sunday.

Pavelec will need to stand on his head again if we are to get a win.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Vapour Trails

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Jets will lose tonight. I think they are running on empty right now and face a much more talented team at home.

Prediction: 3-1 Sabres.

Old
11-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I'm glad it's the end of the road trip, I want to see the boys play at home again. Hoping for a win and a positive end to the road trip. Miller likes to give up early goals this season so we'll have to get on him right away.

11-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Sabreality

Just to let you guys know. There is a pregame ceremony tonite, so game start might be delayed a bit.

Dale Hawerchuk and broadcaster Rick Jennearet are being inducted into the Sabres HoF.

Old
11-08-2011, 01:12 PM
MadMen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
Just to let you guys know. There is a pregame ceremony tonite, so game start might be delayed a bit.

Dale Hawerchuk and broadcaster Rick Jennearet are being inducted into the Sabres HoF.
That's huge! Congratulations. This might mean bad things for our Jets though. A jacked crowd in Buffalo...

Old
11-08-2011, 01:15 PM
CelticSabre
aka MillerTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
Who's starting for the Sabres in net do you think? Enroth or Miller?

Word is Miller is getting the start.

Old
11-08-2011, 01:16 PM
KapG

Burmistrov 45% FO%
Antropov 45.9% FO%

Seems silly to have your potential future 1a/1b C playing on the wing because his faceoff abilities aren't good enough. Especially when the guy replacing him is less than 1% better.

Old
11-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post
Burmistrov 45% FO%
Antropov 45.9% FO%

Seems silly to have your potential future 1a/1b C playing on the wing because his faceoff abilities aren't good enough. Especially when the guy replacing him is less than 1% better.
I don't think it was all about proficiency on faceoffs.

At any rate, the move from C to wing did wonders for Burmi's game. It has allowed him to better use his speed and awesome puck shielding abilities along the boards. Having to switch over to RW to accomodate Kane was a bit of a struggle for him at first, and initially he didn't look too comfortable playing on his wrong-handed side. Last couple of games though, he seems to be getting the hang of it.

Old
11-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Jet
Spoiled Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post

At any rate, the move from C to wing did wonders for Burmi's game. It has allowed him to better use his speed and awesome puck shielding abilities along the boards. Having to switch over to RW to accomodate Kane was a bit of a struggle for him at first, and initially he didn't look too comfortable playing on his wrong-handed side. Last couple of games though, he seems to be getting the hang of it.
Bingo! Burmi was moved to wing so he could focus on creating offense. Notice how he was quiet when Antro was out? Sure, part of it is not having #80 and their chemistry, but the other part is when you are playing centre as a responsible player (as Burmi obviously is) your concern for your own end bridles your offensive excursions (if only he could teach Byfuglien that )

If we get offense from Ladd Little and Wheeler, we will win. That's all I'm saying.

11-08-2011, 02:00 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Nice GDT except for the old Sabres logo haha. Glad the 'Peg is back in the league, best of luck to you guys

Old
11-08-2011, 02:03 PM
KapG

Thanks for the responses.

Last edited by KapG: 11-08-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old
11-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
Nice GDT except for the old Sabres logo haha. Glad the 'Peg is back in the league, best of luck to you guys
Slug Appreciation GDT.

Old
11-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
All I could find last minute. I will try to get the new one for the next meeting

Old
11-08-2011, 02:45 PM
PostmanPat1919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post

I was happy to see Burmistrov getting acquainted to the right wing role as I'm thinking that eventually Scheifele will slot in between him and Evander Kane as our first line centre of the future.

Old
11-08-2011, 02:50 PM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
I like putting Ladd, Little and Wheeler back together, let them get some chemistry back. They were the best line at the end of last season.

Not a fan of splitting up Thor and Slater. I sort of understand it, as Wellwood has played well so you want to give him a bit more ice time, so you can't put him on the 4th line, but it still doesn't sit right with me.
Just how many games does it take to get chemistry back, all three have played poorly with anyone else they have played poorly as well. For his part Ladd does comes to play every night, Little looks like he can turn it around any game now but Wheeler just looks bad, even his skill set isn't at the NHL level, sure he skates well and is big but that is about it.

Big fan of Slater and I think that if he played with better players he would produce a lot more, not so sure of Thorburn though, he really is just a fourth line roll player who can kill penalties.

Old
11-08-2011, 02:53 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Just how many games does it take to get chemistry back, all three have played poorly with anyone else they have played poorly as well. For his part Ladd does comes to play every night, Little looks like he can turn it around any game now but Wheeler just looks bad, even his skill set isn't at the NHL level, sure he skates well and is big but that is about it.

Big fan of Slater and I think that if he played with better players he would produce a lot more, not so sure of Thorburn though, he really is just a fourth line roll player who can kill penalties.
You can't get chemistry with your linemates if you aren't playing with them. No one else seems to be working with Ladd and Little so there's nothing to lose putting Wheeler there.

Thorburn opens a lot of space for his linemates to get those opportunities.

Old
11-08-2011, 02:57 PM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
You can't get chemistry with your linemates if you aren't playing with them. No one else seems to be working with Ladd and Little so there's nothing to lose putting Wheeler there.

Thorburn opens a lot of space for his linemates to get those opportunities.
So just how many games do you keep LLW together, maybe 10 games wasn't enough to get them going but at what point do you say it just isn't working, I thought the line had some success when the weak link was removed and Wellwood was inserted on it.

I don't disagree that Thorburn opens space but I think Slater has enough talent to play a bigger role offensively but he can't playing with Thorburn and Glass.

Old
11-08-2011, 03:00 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Put Little with Kane and Ladd with Burmi/Antropov. Ladd and Little together clearly isn't working.

Old
11-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Wpg Jets Fan

Jets over Sabres. 4-2! Burmistrov and Kane lead the way.

Old
11-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg Jets Fan View Post
Jets over Sabres. 4-2! Burmistrov and Kane lead the way.
Indeed! 4 pts for each of them tonight!

One can hope. Actually I'm just hoping we put some goals in to give the boys some confidence. Just please don't get shut out again!

Old
11-08-2011, 03:12 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 3200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Put Little with Kane and Ladd with Burmi/Antropov. Ladd and Little together clearly isn't working.
I'd be very interested to see that. I have no idea if it would be better but I think it's worth a shot.

Closed Thread