HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**** you Khabibulin. Habs lose 3-1.

Old
11-08-2011, 11:01 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Desharnais sucks.. Gomez must be laughing right now..

Natey2k4: still think Weber has Markov's poise?

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Skarjak

Cammy played very well. He and Cole got most of our scoring chances. They just had trouble burying it.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:04 PM
SlipperyPete

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Incidentally, for those keeping track, of PK Subban's -4, -3 are now from empty-netters.
Ya, Subban definitely hasn't been as good as he's capable of being this year, but his stats really aren't indicative of his play. Another weird stat - Subban is now 4th in the league amongst defencemen with 46 shots on goal, and yet he still hasn't put one in the net. Even if his shots haven't been well aimed and are hitting the middle of the goaltender too much, you'd think he would have had a fluke goal by now with 46 SOG.

SlipperyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:06 PM
BobbyFischer*

Fail For Nail campaign back in full force?

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:11 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Fail For Nail campaign back in full force?
The way they're playing, they'd have to be cosmically unlucky to manage that.

...so far, so good...

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:14 PM
One Trick Pony

Maybe someone mentioned this already, but why does Blunden only play 44 seconds, split into 3 shifts?

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:21 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Maybe someone mentioned this already, but why does Blunden only play 44 seconds, split into 3 shifts?
Some people state Blunden wasn't even playing, but I did saw a tall guy wearing number 45 on the ice.

I just don't understand how he fit in there. But I did see him.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipperyPete View Post
Ya, Subban definitely hasn't been as good as he's capable of being this year, but his stats really aren't indicative of his play. Another weird stat - Subban is now 4th in the league amongst defencemen with 46 shots on goal, and yet he still hasn't put one in the net. Even if his shots haven't been well aimed and are hitting the middle of the goaltender too much, you'd think he would have had a fluke goal by now with 46 SOG.
Subban has been garbage this season. Hes pinching to much. And his shots are so obvious. And when he gets a shot off its about 40 feet wide. He needs to stop worrying about scoring on the one timers and getting then on net and letting someone else pot the rebound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Why would anyone play when we have super Darche?!?

To be honest I don't blame Darche one bit. Your a journeyman and told to play...so you do. But the coach that allows him to play that much needs to be fired...yesterday!

Last edited by Mike8: 11-09-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:05 AM
OneSharpMarble

We only lost by one to the 3rd best team in the league, no biggie

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:48 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Fitting avatar is fitting.
Indeed.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:56 AM
go_habs_go

Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
So many brutal and brainless decisions by the coach, it's truly ridiculous!

Darche should not play on the PP, that's just silly.

Weber should not be on the 1st PP wave over Subban.

Plekanec, while he can sometimes be ok at the point, he is MUCH better down low on the PP.

Desharnais is much too small to handle second line minutes as center. The second a body comes close to him, he loses the puck.

We need changes to this team, and fast. We absolutely need to get bigger all around. Emelin needs to play more. I liked what I saw from him today. Gomez and Kostitsyn should both be in the lineup on Thursday in Pheonix.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Cole - Eller - Kostitsyn
Desharnais - Gomez - Gionta (Replace DD with a big winger)
Moen - Nokelainen - Darche (Good 4th line)

Markov - Emelin
Subban - Gorges
Gill - Spacek
Campoli

I would look into trading Desharnais + Weber to CLB for RJ Umberger. Something along those lines should get it done. He would be a great addition to our team. Have a 3rd line of Umberger - Gomez - Gionta.

go_habs_go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:57 AM
Subbanned

Guys I miss most games because of work

Do we think Gio can hit almost 300 shots again like he did last year? Right now he's on pace for something closer to 160. What's the difference this season? Will he turn it on or is 25+ goals out of the question this year?

Subbanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:12 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbanned View Post
Guys I miss most games because of work

Do we think Gio can hit almost 300 shots again like he did last year? Right now he's on pace for something closer to 160. What's the difference this season? Will he turn it on or is 25+ goals out of the question this year?
good on you, you didnt miss much. we had no jump at all neither did the Oil.

dont remember last time I watched a Habs game that boring.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:35 AM
Great One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

We played well tonight, but please, don't let that prevent you from being Mr.Drama.
We lost to Khabibulin, not the Oilers.

Edmonton won't make the POs unless Khabi keeps it up, which means he'd win the Veniza and Hart. Very unimpressed by the Oilers outside Khabi.

Actually you lost the game because you played like crap. Khabibulin did what he had to do to win but it's not like he stood on his head or anything. This game was pretty one sided from a reffing point of view and it wasn't entirely Khabibulin's fault your team couldn't capitalize on their opportunities. Fact is your special teams sucked tonight and that is what cost you the game.

Also please don't judge this team by one game. Granted Khabibulin has played some incredible hockey this season but our defense deserves some credit as well. Smid has been one of the better shut down dmen in the league this year and Sutton has brought in some physicality that this team desperately needed. You may not be impressed by our young guys but that don't mean they haven't been impressive. They way the kid line controlled the puck with that shift late in the third has been the way this line has played for the majority of the season and the reason they are getting some attention throughout the league in the early going. If we're going to judge the other team's players by just this game then i'm beginning to wonder what the hype around Subban is all about because he sure didn't look like the stud defenceman i've been hearing so much about.

Great One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 02:08 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
oh look, another loss, another 10+ page PGT

you guys are a pathetic excuse for fans

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 02:12 AM
Komarov47

The curious thing is that Khabibulin is playing in front of a poor defense squad, except Smid who's a shots blocker master all Petry/Potter/Gilbert aren't know for their defensive ability.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 02:30 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great One View Post
They way the kid line controlled the puck with that shift late in the third has been the way this line has played for the majority of the season and the reason they are getting some attention throughout the league in the early going.
Are you referring to that one shift where they did a magnificent job of keeping the puck to the perimeter, and struggled to get a shot on net?

Yes, impressive job indeed. I've seen many third lines in the league cycle the puck endlessly.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 04:13 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great One View Post
Actually you lost the game because you played like crap. Khabibulin did what he had to do to win but it's not like he stood on his head or anything. This game was pretty one sided from a reffing point of view and it wasn't entirely Khabibulin's fault your team couldn't capitalize on their opportunities. Fact is your special teams sucked tonight and that is what cost you the game.

Also please don't judge this team by one game. Granted Khabibulin has played some incredible hockey this season but our defense deserves some credit as well. Smid has been one of the better shut down dmen in the league this year and Sutton has brought in some physicality that this team desperately needed. You may not be impressed by our young guys but that don't mean they haven't been impressive. They way the kid line controlled the puck with that shift late in the third has been the way this line has played for the majority of the season and the reason they are getting some attention throughout the league in the early going. If we're going to judge the other team's players by just this game then i'm beginning to wonder what the hype around Subban is all about because he sure didn't look like the stud defenceman i've been hearing so much about.
Dont think any of the two team can pretend they had a good game, as great as the kids were in the shift you're reffering to, it's ONE shift, pretty much every line have a great 30/40 seconds once in a while - even 4th lines... otherwise they didnt do much...

if we were to judge on this game alone, one would believe it was a "battle for 1st overall".

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 04:30 AM
The Right Price

We played horribly. Our PP was atricious. We deserved to loose.

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 04:46 AM
Jamie Thomas

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Interesting note; 10 forwards dressed tonight, as well as 7th defencemen. With one of the D playing as forward, the Habs were still missing a player to complete four lines. Wonder what the hell happened to Blunden.
I was at the game and maybe it's been said already but Blunden was dressed and he had 2 shifts the whole game. And honestly he gave a good effort, he went hard with opposing players along the board, used his size. Didn't seem to please mr Martin since he never saw the ice later. And honestly, the Eller line looked much better with Nokelainen on the wing than Darche. The guy is a freakin 4th liner with no talent, he should not be on the starting line up and he certainly should not be on the PP for the whole game.

Jamie Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 04:53 AM
Jamie Thomas

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
For all the Weber hate tonight despite him being forced to play forward again..

if we must play a defender as a forward, why not Diaz? Weber is better defensively. Both had poor games, but that was the third in a row for Diaz. I really like the guy, but he's still not used to the NHL.
Not singling you out at all, just wondering something. What about using 12 forwards and 6 d-men? I mean, what is so hard about that? Weber had his worst game of the year after looking good IMO lately at his D spot. Maybe the guy should be used at his natural position. Maybe the Habs should stop playing d-men at forward. Maybe I'm wrong but it is something that is bothering me, and it's far from the first time this is happening.

Jamie Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 05:26 AM
lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
So many brutal and brainless decisions by the coach, it's truly ridiculous!

Darche should not play on the PP, that's just silly.

Weber should not be on the 1st PP wave over Subban.

Plekanec, while he can sometimes be ok at the point, he is MUCH better down low on the PP.

Desharnais is much too small to handle second line minutes as center. The second a body comes close to him, he loses the puck.

Agree with all these points 100%. However, I don't see the Emelin thing at all. Too me, he looks like an AHL'er.

lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 05:30 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
@natey

I am also on the side that Subban played extremely well tonight.
Best player on the ice from both teams imo.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Oillio*
OMB god

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Best player on the ice from both teams imo.
Nikolai. Khabibulin.

Oillio* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 06:27 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Why we lost is a very simple question to answer...yes Edmonton was lucky on the winner...but what cost us the game was going -1 for 6 on the PP. Even if we go 0/6 it's a 1-1 game into OT...1 for 6 we probably win, 2 for 6 we win relatively easy.

We need to work on PP breakouts(we miss Gomez in that area) as well as a couple of set plays where we get the puck to Weber or Subban and drive it on net. When things start going bad on the Pp you need to simplify things, get Cole Pacioretty Eller AK(when he is there) in front of the net or driving for rebounds.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote