HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**** you Khabibulin. Habs lose 3-1.

Old
11-08-2011, 09:25 PM
zzoo

vCash: 500
Am i the only one that think that we played a good game ? We dominted this game. Here are the 3 reasons that we lost :
1. Khabibulin
2. Powerplay
3. Plekanec

Cole keeps playing well.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CuteHockeyBunny

Quote:
Seriously, Markov hurry back. Subban is a horrible excuse for a #1 defenseman.
In the words of Zlatan Ibrahimovic,

I'm a Ferrari, but you're driving me like if I'm a Fiat.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Et le But

For all the Weber hate tonight despite him being forced to play forward again..

if we must play a defender as a forward, why not Diaz? Weber is better defensively. Both had poor games, but that was the third in a row for Diaz. I really like the guy, but he's still not used to the NHL.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bobby G

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
need a big forward up front on top two lines.

patches and cole not enough
Pacioretty, Kostitsyn, Cole and Eller

Plennnnty of size and top 6 skill

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:26 PM
NBP81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Precisely. Cammy, Cole, Gionta, MaxPac (unproven, but scoring at almost a 40G pace) are all finishers. You can include AK but he wasn't playing.
People are just doing their usual reactionary comments.
We completely outplayed Edmonton, Khabi deserved every star tonight, but hey, let's just rage out on our team.
Wish there was a ''thank you'' button on this board... needless to say, you would get a ''thank you'' for this post...

NBP81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawg1989 View Post
I'm sorry but aside from a fluky 48 goal season in 05-06, Gionta never hit 30 again... that is not a natural goal scorer. Cammy's hit 30 twice so that's a little bit better...

AK's highest is 26.. not a natural goal scorer
MaxPac's highest is 14...
Cole hit 30 once.

Honestly, no one in this team is a consistent 30 goal scorer...
lol Paches hasn't even played a full season, are you new to this team?..Its funny that you name all of those players cause they all have potential to score 30. Thus making us a pretty deep team. Think for once.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Lol

9 or 10 in the standing. IMO the Habs will make the PO

Markov will play something like 60 games the season is far from over.

Fans are just very sensitive after a lost
Yes, I know the team didn't suck today. Only we're outcoached and brutally.

Our playoff hopes lie on Markov now... if he plays 60 games we could be a 6-7 seed by 2-3 points or so. If he gets injured again, then we'd better make sure we get Grigorenko, as he is the one that would solve the most of the Habs' forward problems that doesn't need a first overall pick.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:27 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
i thought subban and patches played well.
I thought Patches played well in the second half. In the first half of the game, he felt sluggish to me.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
During his press conference. He specifically said it's having difficulties because they have a lot of young players, and that Plekanec on the point is a good option for him and he likes his work there.
He said the PP is having problems because of the young players. Not the game it self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I understand not having a whole lot of players to work with....but using Weber from d-man to forward when he was one of your best regular d-man is plain stupid. As a matter of fact, Weber might have played his worst game after he was switched back to D......Double shifts forwards, use 7 d-men if you want to.....but keep the D'S on D's for heaven's sake....
What else would you do though? You cant call anyone up. Your only option is to have Emelin as a forward or Weber. Weber has more experience up front, so it's easier to do that because you know what to expect.

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:28 PM
RE-HABS

This team looks a lot different with AK out of the line up.

We really missed three solid lines, and having Darche on the 3rd line and PP...bad.

Markov back and on the PP will be nice, and Subban on the second PP unit???

Martin needs to wake up and pull his head out of his ass already, the kid is going to come around with more PP time.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Bobby G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
well Montreal's 25th ranked PP in which he refuses to change is playing a huge factor in these losses. You cant just absolve him of blame either.

this is one of the worst teams in the league. Everyone is to blame.
Exactly, everyone is to blame, but the quickest, easiest and arguably most effective solution is a change behind the bench.

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
He said the PP is having problems because of the young players. Not the game it self.

What else would you do though? You cant call anyone up. Your only option is to have Emelin as a forward or Weber. Weber has more experience up front, so it's easier to do that because you know what to expect.
Kostitsyn got hurt yesterday, they could have called up someone up from last night

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
During his press conference. He specifically said it's having difficulties because they have a lot of young players, and that Plekanec on the point is a good option for him and he likes his work there.
A very ineffective PP and giving up SH goals to boot kinda disagrees with you JM..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bdawg1989*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
lol Paches hasn't even played a full season, are you new to this team?..Its funny that you name all of those players cause they all have potential to score 30. Thus making us a pretty deep team. Think for once.
Yes because you think theses players are entering their prime ?

You're the one who seems new to this team. I'll agree that Patch can become a 30goal scorer but that's about it.

Gionta will only decline from now on, he's 32/33 y/o.
Same deal with Cole. You think theses guys will reach 30 consistently at this age when they never did back in their prime?

bdawg1989* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:30 PM
TheBuriedHab

Just got home from the bar. Firstly, why the hell was Weber playing up front? He has been good the last couple weeks. If you want to put Emelin in, take out Diaz, don't put a guy thats coming into his own on forward FFS. Desharnais didn't look very good in my eyes tonight. Subban had a good night tonight despite his lackluster play this year. And AK is pretty important to this line up.

Hopefully Markov is back soon, I don't know how much longer I can see plekanec on the point of the pp. Not only did it suck, we gave a goal up on it.

Better start winning again soon.

Edit, Derp I know why Weber was upfront now, But Damn, call up someone the day before incase. Weber needs to stop playing upfront!!!

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
And you know that how? He was also supposed to be ready to go from training camp. The guy is a hit away from being out again once he comes back
No disrespect but do you read the press??

Molson have said he's near a return. I guess he know better than both of us

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Kostitsyn got hurt yesterday, they could have called up someone up from last night
It is possible that they didn't know serious it was, or maybe they felt that it would be something he could heal over night.. which is why he practiced today..

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:31 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

We're second to last in the standings with almost 20% of the season done. We need to chill out! The bottom seeded team still has 2 games in hand. The 2nd overall pick isn't out of reach yet. Chill out guys!

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
No disrespect but do you read the press??

Molson have said he's near a return. I guess he know better than both of us
Yes I know that but he was also supposed to be ready from the season opener but it wasn't the case and like I said how can you predict him playing 60 games without getting hurt once he comes back? It's been 3 years now he has had season ending injuries

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
@natey

I am also on the side that Subban played extremely well tonight.
Well, good. I hope I'm wrong and that he did play well. I may have missed some of his really great plays, I'm not sure.

I never said he played horribly, just that he wasn't one of our best players. I said he had a mediocre game.

Then again, maybe the reason I'm thinking that way is because I'm over-expecting what I think I should be seeing of him, so maybe anything less than excellent is a disappointment to me. Where-as, why you see me defending low-tier guys (the Mathieu Darche's) is because I don't expect near as much from them and if they do their job, I'm happy.

So it's probably half my fault that I think Subban wasn't as good as other people are saying. I think my expectations on him are little too high and I should probably ease up a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
In the words of Zlatan Ibrahimovic,

I'm a Ferrari, but you're driving me like if I'm a Fiat.
No idea what that means, but Subban would make the perfect #2 defenseman at this point of his career. #3, even. That would give me a little more space to do his thing and he wouldn't have to over-try things.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Hopefully AK46 will be placed back on the PP once he is cleared to play again.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bullsmith

I was at the game and the three reasons we lost were:

Martin.
Martin
Gauthier.

This is the first time I've ever seen a team give up 13 total shots (plus the empty netter) and felt they overwhelmingly deserved to lose. This team has no fire, no compete, no heart, no soul, no grit and no hope. Their first period was a PERFECT example of how to take the crowd out of a game. Delivered to you, habs fans, at hundreds of dollars a seat, by YOUR Montreal Canadiens at home. What they cannot inflict on Leafs fans, they inflict on us.

We allowed fourteen shots against and still looked like the worse team. Think about that. That's ****ing pathetic.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LastRide

Habs suck ass. Thats all there's to it. Glad I left after the first.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawg1989 View Post
I'm sorry but aside from a fluky 48 goal season in 05-06, Gionta never hit 30 again... that is not a natural goal scorer. Cammy's hit 30 twice so that's a little bit better...

AK's highest is 26.. not a natural goal scorer
MaxPac's highest is 14...
Cole hit 30 once.

Honestly, no one in this team is a consistent 30 goal scorer...
First off, Gionta scored at a 30G+ pace 3 times in his career. Last year he scored 29. Not sure how you grade your goal scorers, but that's one in my book.
AK is a safe bet for 20-25G, that is a very good depth scorer.
MaxPac is young, saying he scored 14G is pretty ignorant. I'm not saying he will score 40G, but so far, this year, he had proven capable of finishing and scoring.
Cole, as AK, is a great complimentary scorer.

BTW, AK scoring at least 20G in each of his season (or scoring at that pace in an injury season) makes him a consistent goal scorer. People don't even know what consistent is anymore. They think scoring regularly throughout a season, 30-40G, is what it is. That's just wrong.

We don't need to have a 50G scorer on the team, or a consistent 40G one, in order to score and finish our plays. We have a good group of scorers that can do the job.
Khabibulin has allowed more than 1G only twice this year, facing teams like Washington, Vancouver, Pittsburgh, LA...They all have goal scorers, great ones, and weren't able to score much more than us.

Did we have problem scoring versus Philly? Jets? Boston?...

Let's stop with the reactionary posts, it's pathetic.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:33 PM
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
First off, Gionta scored at a 30G+ pace 3 times in his career. Last year he scored 29. Not sure how you grade your goal scorers, but that's one in my book.
AK is a safe bet for 20-25G, that is a very good depth scorer.
MaxPac is young, saying he scored 14G is pretty ignorant. I'm not saying he will score 40G, but so far, this year, he had proven capable of finishing and scoring.
Cole, as AK, is a great complimentary scorer.

BTW, AK scoring at least 20G in each of his season (or scoring at that pace in an injury season) makes him a consistent goal scorer. People don't even know what consistent is anymore. They think scoring regularly throughout a season, 30-40G, is what it is. That's just wrong.

We don't need to have a 50G scorer on the team, or a consistent 40G one, in order to score and finish our plays. We have a good group of scorers that can do the job.
Khabibulin has allowed more than 1G only twice this year, facing teams like Washington, Vancouver, Pittsburgh, LA...They all have goal scorers, great ones, and weren't able to score much more than us.

Did we have problem scoring versus Philly? Jets? Boston?...

Let's stop with the reactionary posts, it's pathetic.
we are 14th in the east. no excuses.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote