HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Time to let the PLAYERS VOTE on Salary Cap Issue

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2004, 10:26 AM
eye

vCash: 500
Time to let the PLAYERS VOTE on Salary Cap Issue

I think if you take Godnow out of the picture and let the players vote to decide whether or not to work under a salary cap we would have NHL hockey within weeks rather than months or years. Time to let the players make their own decisions. Something tells me they would rather be playing NHL hockey with a 10-20% pay cut than having to sit out a year or two, play in Europe for much less money in most cases or be sent down to lower levels of hockey. PLAYERS, SPEAK OUT. SIGN HERE IF YOU AGREE.

Old
09-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye
I think if you take Godnow out of the picture and let the players vote to decide whether or not to work under a salary cap we would have NHL hockey within weeks rather than months or years. Time to let the players make their own decisions. Something tells me they would rather be playing NHL hockey with a 10-20% pay cut than having to sit out a year or two, play in Europe for much less money in most cases or be sent down to lower levels of hockey. PLAYERS, SPEAK OUT. SIGN HERE IF YOU AGREE.
The players have alot of confidence in the NHLPA right now. They will vote the way Goodenow and company tell them to vote. A year from now it may be a different story.

Old
09-11-2004, 01:14 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
The players have alot of confidence in the NHLPA right now. They will vote the way Goodenow and company tell them to vote. A year from now it may be a different story.
I agree.

Bob Goodenow has scored a victory last time around. The NHLPA has been spoiled the last few CBAs. They have (and should have) great confidence in their union.

If the NHL had the balls (they don't) to let them rot a year or two, things might be different. Maybe.

Closed Thread