HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crucial 2 game road trip coming-up

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-08-2011, 10:29 PM
  #1
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 500
Crucial 2 game road trip coming-up

Coyotes and Preds are both 4-1 in the last 5 games


Believe it or not but these next 2 games will be the turning point to the rest of the season.


We drop the ball and we're likely going to be 8 points behind the 8th seed spot, with no games in hand.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:32 PM
  #2
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Coyotes and Preds are both 4-1 in the last 5 games


Believe it or not but these next 2 games will be the turning point to the rest of the season.


We drop the ball and we're likely going to be 8 points behind the 8th seed spot, with no games in hand.
Every game is equally important.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:35 PM
  #3
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Every game is equally important.
yes, but the more we lose, the more important the next win is

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:37 PM
  #4
Skarjak
Registered User
 
Skarjak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 790
vCash: 500
People point at the point difference between us and 8th place, but statistically, it's unlikely for a team that's so low in the rankings at this point in the season to make it to the playoffs.

Losing those two games would make it very hard to come back. We are already below .500.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:52 PM
  #5
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
But but but.. there's over 60 games! So its almost ok for us to lose. Nothing to worry about.

Seriously, its has always been hard for us to make the playoffs in the past few years and a good start helped us get those points to make it to the playoffs at the end of the year. We cannot get too far behind. I don't care that we are 4 points behind the 8th team, we are 14th now that's all I know. Even with the injuries, are we a 14th team? No.

Yeah we have a lot of young players playing because of the injuries but seriously where's the biggest problem? Its the veterans. Cammy and Gio better step up a notch like Cole did in the past few games.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:09 AM
  #6
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,681
vCash: 50
We never seem to play well against Nashville I will be at teh game and I have a bet going that we will win with some friends from Nashville so unfortunatly that is a recipe for disaster lol. I predict now a 4-2 Nashville win .

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:20 AM
  #7
lou4gehrig
Registered User
 
lou4gehrig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,585
vCash: 500
Yes crucial that we maintain our place as the 7th best team in the Eastern Conference and 15th best team in the NHL which sets us up to be a huge playoff underdog versus Pittsburgh, Philly, Washington.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:23 AM
  #8
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
It may seem like a small hill to climb but falling far behind this early can be almost insurmountable with tough competition. Praying someone else has bad luck while yours changes is a recipe for disaster.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 07:31 AM
  #9
optimus2861
Registered User
 
optimus2861's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bedford NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,638
vCash: 500
I'm starting to get the feeling this just isn't our year . The breaks aren't going our way, we're running into hot goalies, Markov's still not back, etc. We've had four games that we coulda/shoulda won turn into losses (COL, BUF, TOR, EDM). Flip those four games and it's a 9-win start and everything's fine. Instead we're still below .500 and now need to go on a 0.588 run the rest of the way just to hit 92 points. Even if you figure Toronto will (is now?) crash & burn and Florida will fall off, there are still NJ & Boston battling for spots with us. The east will be a dogfight this year and we're not putting ourselves in a good spot with all the sputtering.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 07:41 AM
  #10
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Coyotes and Preds are both 4-1 in the last 5 games


Believe it or not but these next 2 games will be the turning point to the rest of the season.


We drop the ball and we're likely going to be 8 points behind the 8th seed spot, with no games in hand.
I don't see any cruicial games in November, but I don't want to see a 4 game losing streak either, so we need at lesat 2 points out of those 2 games.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 07:43 AM
  #11
MM425
Registered User
 
MM425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,597
vCash: 500
You never want to stray too far away from the .500 mark at ANY point in the season. This goes without saying.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 07:53 AM
  #12
FeelsLike93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 748
vCash: 500
I just think we're a streaky team and were gonna lose 3 straight, but then were gonna win 4 straight. Because of the veteran leadership on this team when our backs are against the wall we come out of nowhere and beat a top team and its the way its been for the past few years.
Why are we taking games for granted? When we play "lesser" teams so to speak we play down to them and dont look like we do when playing top teams
Its called consistency and we dont have that and its wats gonna kill us because you cant put together a 6 game losing streak then a 3 gamer, then pretend all is well after you win 4 straight

Consistency, please


Also puck in net, k thx habs

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 08:03 AM
  #13
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
If we lose those games are you going to post a rant on the next teams forum telling them to beat the piss out of us again?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 08:04 AM
  #14
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
I just think we're a streaky team and were gonna lose 3 straight, but then were gonna win 4 straight. Because of the veteran leadership on this team when our backs are against the wall we come out of nowhere and beat a top team and its the way its been for the past few years.
Why are we taking games for granted? When we play "lesser" teams so to speak we play down to them and dont look like we do when playing top teams
Its called consistency and we dont have that and its wats gonna kill us because you cant put together a 6 game losing streak then a 3 gamer, then pretend all is well after you win 4 straight

Consistency, please


Also puck in net, k thx habs
We're the leafs of seasons past

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 08:53 AM
  #15
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
If we lose those games are you going to post a rant on the next teams forum telling them to beat the piss out of us again?
I wouldn't go that far... well.... ya maybe


look, put it this way - i don't care if we finish 9th or last....


in theory we've been losing for 18 years -- what is a difference of a few positions south of the traditional bubble line.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:25 AM
  #16
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I wouldn't go that far... well.... ya maybe


look, put it this way - i don't care if we finish 9th or last....


in theory we've been losing for 18 years -- what is a difference of a few positions south of the traditional bubble line.
I'd prefer to make the playoffs or finish dead last, but then again so would most folks

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:32 AM
  #17
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,681
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I'd prefer to make the playoffs or finish dead last, but then again so would most folks
After growing up with the HABS in the 70s I am not satisfied with JUST making the playoffs for myself and I am sure others on here if it isn't a cup it is a wasted/dissapointing season.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 08:28 PM
  #18
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
After growing up with the HABS in the 70s I am not satisfied with JUST making the playoffs for myself and I am sure others on here if it isn't a cup it is a wasted/dissapointing season.
Disagree. I'm probably older than you, and as much as I loved witnessing 9 Montreal Stanley Cups, I was just as excited at our underdog 2010 playoff run. The best seasons are when we exceed expectations. As long as we're headed in the right direction, I'm a happy fan.

I'm NOT happy right now because we appear to be playing beneath expectations.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 09:03 PM
  #19
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Just stay within reach. When Markov comes back lets hope this team goes on a tear.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 09:16 PM
  #20
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Just stay within reach. When Markov comes back lets hope this team goes on a tear.
They were on a tear last week, then got sidetracked by some brutal reffing.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:25 PM
  #21
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,681
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Disagree. I'm probably older than you, and as much as I loved witnessing 9 Montreal Stanley Cups, I was just as excited at our underdog 2010 playoff run. The best seasons are when we exceed expectations. As long as we're headed in the right direction, I'm a happy fan.

I'm NOT happy right now because we appear to be playing beneath expectations.
Hey someone older than me on here I didn't know if that was possible lol. Ya I am not a lets just make it to the playoffs kinda guy I want a winner and these past 18 years have been a bitter dissapointment. I will never stop being a fan but I am sick of watching a bubble team that underperforms. Mind you I will be wearing my colours in Nashville on Sat night. Sitting 5 rows behind our bench and berating JM the whole time lol.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.