HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs-Canucks

Old
11-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanJaysFan View Post
A #5 dman over a 1st round pick? Those are available for 3rds at the deadline.
Not really in the mold I'm thinking. Someone like Derek Morris. I never said I'd trade Schneider straight across for a #5 dman, I said that fits our need where as a #1 pick does not.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:58 AM
School of WristShot

Schneider + Ballard for Schenn

School of WristShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:05 PM
DPyro

Cody Franson + 2nd round pick for Schneider.

DPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
Cody Franson + 2nd round pick for Schneider.
Might as well just offer a 4th and a 2nd, doubt Franson would even be their #7 at this point. He has very low value

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:15 PM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
Might as well just offer a 4th and a 2nd, doubt Franson would even be their #7 at this point. He has very low value
he would be their #6/#7 defensman. Competing with Ballard and Alberts for that last spot.

Besides who knows when Salo will get re-injured

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:23 PM
hackm

Toronto should be willing to do Kulemin for Schneider. There aren't many chances to get a guy like him. No question that Kulemin is important to our Leafs, but a good 1A-1B is an irresistible notion after the revolving door of crap, Raycroft, Aubin, Tellqvist, Toskala, Clemmenson, Gerber, Gustavsson, etc etc.

hackm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:30 PM
blankall

Quote:
Canucks fan here.

Would do the deal for the 1st and the lesser of Rynnas/Scrivens.

I go against Gillis and most Canuck fans and want to specifically trade Cory for picks in this draft so we can stock the d-prospect cupboard.

To the people saying the Leafs don't need a goalie? Reimer isn't the second coming of Dryden, go with a good tandem, IMHO the best choice for a young team growing together.
If you trade Schneider you open up a hole in the backup position. Canucks should be trying to win now while the Sedins are at the very height of their prime, not trading for futures.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:42 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackm View Post
Toronto should be willing to do Kulemin for Schneider. There aren't many chances to get a guy like him. No question that Kulemin is important to our Leafs, but a good 1A-1B is an irresistible notion after the revolving door of crap, Raycroft, Aubin, Tellqvist, Toskala, Clemmenson, Gerber, Gustavsson, etc etc.
Canucks really don't need more forwards, though. We're pretty tight against the cap. If we're making any more moves, then it's to dump Ballard somewhere and add futures and/or Schneider for a top 4 D-man, preferably someone who is okay offensively but can handle himself in his own end.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
The issue with trading Schneider for a first round pick, is that the team that gets Schneider will most likely get a lot better, and the pick will subsequently lose value. Leafs are loaded with young defensemen; Canucks need young defensemen...preferably someone with offensive upside (Franson won't cut it).

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:58 PM
crewbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
The issue with trading Schneider for a first round pick, is that the team that gets Schneider will most likely get a lot better, and the pick will subsequently lose value. Leafs are loaded with young defensemen; Canucks need young defensemen...preferably someone with offensive upside (Franson won't cut it).
Jesse Blacker?

crewbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackm View Post
Has Kulemin ever played the right side?

We'd likely do this deal... Kulemin would help us this year despite his slow start, I'm sure we could find a good use for him even if he only played LW.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kulemin-Kesler-Higgins
Booth-Hodgson-Hansen
Raymond-LaPierre-Malhotra

Old
11-09-2011, 01:05 PM
crewbert

i agree, i'd do kulemin straight up. but does vancouver have the cap space for that move? don't think so.

crewbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:08 PM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewbert View Post
i agree, i'd do kulemin straight up. but does vancouver have the cap space for that move? don't think so.
lol. Kulemin is not going anywhere. The most the Leafs could offer is one of Aulie/Blacker/Franson + 2nd

if the asking price is significantly higher than that the Leafs will look elsewhere

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:15 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Kulemin
Lombardi
Scrivens

For

Booth
Schneider
Not a chance. The Leafs don't have anything I'd want for Schneider.

11-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Szechwan
Plug Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Not a chance. The Leafs don't have anything I'd want for Schneider.
This is a silly thing to say.
Kulemin would look excellent on the Canucks- I'd rather have him jumping up and down our roster than an injured Raymond

The Canucks would probably consider something based around Schneider and Kulemin, but I'm not going to get into the details of that because I don't feel like arguing with Leaf fans about who's 4th round pick goes where.

Vancouver has Eddie Lack waiting in the wings, a guy that looks every bit as good as Schneider thus far.

Szechwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:24 PM
hackm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
lol. Kulemin is not going anywhere. The most the Leafs could offer is one of Aulie/Blacker/Franson + 2nd

if the asking price is significantly higher than that the Leafs will look elsewhere
The Leafs have been looking elsewhere, and for all the patience they've had six seasons without solid goalkeeping.

Time to give up a piece to get a piece. A deal around Gunnarsson (young minute eater on D, 40 pt potential) or Kulemin (perennial 25-30 goal potential) for Schneider should be elementary.

hackm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:28 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Gillis would go for Kulemin or bust. Nothing else works for us.
Toronto isn't moving Kulemin for Schneider unless Vancouver is putting Hodgson in there as well.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Szechwan
Plug Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Toronto isn't moving Kulemin for Schneider unless Vancouver is putting Hodgson in there as well.
For a player on pace for 10 goals and 31 points! Good luck pal.

Hell, even Hodgson is on pace for around 40pts.

Szechwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:34 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Lots of posters in this thread seem to have Brian Burke on speed dial.. either that or they know a lot less about what the Leafs would or would not do than they imply.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:47 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Has Kulemin ever played the right side?

We'd likely do this deal... Kulemin would help us this year despite his slow start, I'm sure we could find a good use for him even if he only played LW.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kulemin-Kesler-Higgins
Booth-Hodgson-Hansen
Kulemin plays RW now, but doubt hell be traded for Schneider.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi-wayman

To the Leafs:

Jannik Hansen, Cory Schnieder

To the Canucks:

Luke Schenn, Keith Aulie

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Briecheeze

The Leafs are not willing to part with any significant assets to address their backup position. Burke isn't about to create a goalie controversy by bringing in Schneider, and he would cost much more than the Leafs are willing to give up.

Kulemin for Schneider? Schenn for Schneider? Really? That's the kind of trade that it would probably take to get Schneider but why the hell does Toronto do that? Kulemin probably won't hit 30 goals again this season, but his value to the Leafs goes way beyond what shows up on the stat sheet. If he wasn't moving for Jeff Carter or Mike Richards, he sure as hell isn't being moved for an unproven goalie. Ditto for Schenn (although his value is somewhat lesser).

If there's any sort of move for a backup (which is certainly needed), it's for someone like Nabokov, Nittymaki, or even Emery: someone who would cost significantly less than a Schneider or Bernier and be an obvious veteran backup.

Those of you clamouring for Schneider as a possible #1 or #1A, why would Burke devote resources to a less-than-pressing need with Reimer already in the fold? Unless Reimer is done for the season or a significant amount of time (which is unlikely, given the fact that he has been practicing), he is the entrenched #1, and Burke isn't about to undercut him like this, much less give up one of the best assets on the team.

Note that this isn't a knock on Schneider - he's certainly talented. However, it's never been proven that he can handle the workload of a starter and produce at an elite level for a whole season.

Horrible, horrible idea.

PS: to the person who was asking - Kulemin has played both wings (he's been shifted to right because of MacArthur), but he is a natural left winger.

Last edited by Briecheeze: 11-09-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Briecheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
Kulemin plays RW now, but doubt hell be traded for Schneider.
Even better...

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Kulemin
Higgins-Hodgson-Hansen

*drools*

I understand why Toronto wouldn't want to drop a forward for a goalie, but really the only pieces we'd be interested in getting is Schenn and Kulemin.

Old
11-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Briecheeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post

I understand why Toronto wouldn't want to drop a forward for a goalie, but really the only pieces we'd be interested in getting is Schenn and Kulemin.
I completely agree with you. Vancouver has no interest in what the Leafs are willing to give up. They are terrible trading partners when it comes to Schneider.

OP's proposal is a complete overreaction.

Briecheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 02:08 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
1st for a backup???

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote