HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs-Canucks

Old
11-09-2011, 09:30 PM
School of WristShot

vCash: 500
No interest in Franson what so ever. He does not play defence but he's a dmen.
And you can keep your monster.

School of WristShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 09:40 PM
medhatcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Hodgson + Schneider + Ballard (salary dump)

for

Kadri + Gustavsson + Franson + 2nd

or

Hodgson + Schneider + 3RD

for

Kulemin + Franson
Yeah, that doesn't really make much sense. Schnieder >> Gustavsson ( was in top 5 save % last year with at least 15 starts, has stanley cup playoffs experience), Hodgson is a starting NHLer and has stanley cup finals experience, kadri hardly plays in the NHL, Ballard is a major contributor to the Canucks (Franson would be 7/8 d man)

You want to trade Schenn for Alberts?

medhatcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Cogburn

Quote:

for

or

for

Kulemin + Franson
I'd be willing to part with Hodgson and Schneider for Kulemin+, Franson, Kadri, Gustavsson or picks are not a + in Vancouver's eyes right now. You can shoot stats, and projections, and quote great hockey minds about them, but long story short, we want an improved roster this year, not next year, not 3 down the road. Kulemin does this. I think he would be our best winger outside of Daniel on this team (maybe Burrows, maybe Raymond). Any of the other players listed wouldn't even be on our roster healthy. I'm not saying they aren't valuable to most teams, but they're next to worthless if we're adding futures...to your present improvements sent our way and our futures going back.

Also, salary....2.5 total salary works if Kulemin is coming our way, but most of the guys on the Leafs roster don't fit our salary structure without more pieces moving.

If we are moving Hodgson or Schneider for Kulemin and anyone that wouldn't crack our roster immediately, pick one and we will add to it, but in our eyes its our best rookie and best sophmore for one player and throw-ins.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 09:58 PM
ProstheticConscience
not enough alcohol

vCash: 50
No to the OP, as I think is the consensus. Want no part of Scrivens. Would rather Schneider goes for a roster player or more likely, part of a deal for a roster player. Moving him for a pick and a downgrade in goal really isn't something the Canucks would have any interest in. Tough guy who can actually take a regular shift would be most people's preference, I'm sure. Schneider being part of a deal for a full-meal-deal power forward a la Lucic would be our collective wet dream, but those guys of course don't grow on trees.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:

for

or

for

Kulemin + Franson
I'm sorry but all of those are awful. We have zero interest in Franson at this point. Hodgson also has quite a bit more value than Kadri right now atleast to the Canucks. The only pieces we want from the Leafs is Schenn or Kulemin.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:19 PM
tadadonk

Schenn or Kulemin...no thanks. Can we get back to downie

tadadonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Dominate Kesler

what a terrible deal for the canucks

Dominate Kesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Eamonn*

He have Reimer.. he's injured, but that won't be forever.. Not giving up a top 15 pick in the best draft in a long time for Schneider.

Eamonn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 02:22 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

We'd only move Schneider for Schenn or maybe Kulemin plus a pick.

Obviously Toronto has a good enough goalie in Reimer right now, so this won't happen.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 10:10 AM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewbert View Post
How's this sound from both sides? As a leafs fan, and as much as I'd hate to give up a #1 pick:

To Leafs: Cory Schneider

To Canucks: Ben Scrivens + 1st Round pick
Schneider is worth way more than that, how about:

Kadri+schenn+phaneuf+kessel for schneider + salary dump?

Not srs

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 10:13 AM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

Canucks need schnieder anyway, luongo has gone to crap and I'm very surprised that he hasn't been traded yet.

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 10:26 AM
deckercky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadadonk View Post
You're joking right? Downie is a wonderful player, but Kulemin is much more a fit to what Vancouver needs.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Srsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
Canucks need schnieder anyway, luongo has gone to crap and I'm very surprised that he hasn't been traded yet.
Luongo is known for inconsistent starts and playoff performances. Traditionally he's picked up his game in the later half of the regular season and put up vezina quality numbers during those stretches. It would make zero sense to trade him while his value is low as well.

Srsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:32 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briecheeze View Post
You'll forgive me if I don't place much trust in stats at the junior and minor levels, especially for goalies. The name Justin Pogge comes to mind, among others.

Reimer has put up better NHL numbers. Not in the six games you oh-so-helpfully decided to use as a selection to skew your point, but over their entire NHL career. Reimer has a better save percentage (.920 to .918), while Schneider has a better Goals Against (2.52 - 2.59). Reimer also has 4 shutouts to Schneider's 1, and a better winning percentage, any way you slice it.

Consider that Reimer has had the worse team and has played a starter's workload (back-to-back games, games against better teams, not against cherry-picked teams in the schedule), and I'd much rather have Reimer, thank you very much.

Not that I have anything against Schneider, or that I have anything against those that feel Schneider is the better goalie, because that's certainly a valid argument, and I'm not arguing about the value of Cory Schneider, but is the gap between Schneider and Reimer right now worth a Kulemin or a first round pick or a prospect like Kadri?

Hell no.

Leafs fans overreacting to this stretch of terrible goaltending need to stop making idiotic ideas for trades. There are much better fits for a Cory Schneider.

Schneider's 'backup' resume:
  • Starting Goalie USA WJC U-18
  • NH Draft 1st round 24th Overall
  • Backup Goalie USA WJC - 2005
  • Starting Goalie USA WJC - 2006
  • NCAA - Starting Goalie Finals - 2006
  • NCAA - Starting Goalie Finals - 2007
  • AHL - Starting Goalie Calder Cup Finals - 2009
  • AHL - Baz Bastien Memorial Trophy (Best Goaltender) - 2009
  • AHL - First All Star Team - 2009
  • AHL - Harry "Hap" Holmes Memorial Trophy (Fewest goals against) - 2009
  • NHL - William Jennings Trophy (Fewest Goals Against) - 2011 - shared with Luongo
  • NHL - President's Trophy (backup) 2011
  • NHL - Stanley Cup Finals (backup) 2011
  • NHL - Save Percentage in 2010 - 2011 lower than Luongo who finished third for Vezina voting
  • NHL - Save Percentage in 2011 - 2012 lower than Luongo
  • NHL Career Record 41 GP 20 W 12 L 3 OTL 2.52 GAA .918 SP

Oh and....
  • No history of health problems
  • Great intangibles....etc.etc.etc.

Reimer's Resume
  • Drafted by Toronto in 2006 (4/99)
  • 2008-09 ECHL - Playoff MVP
  • NHL Career Record 43 GP 24 W 10 L 6 OTL 2.59 GAA .920 SP

Give your head a shake.

Last edited by ginner classic: 11-10-2011 at 01:16 PM.
ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:54 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
  • NHL - William Jennings Trophy (Fewest Goals Against) - 2011 - shared with Luongo
  • NHL - Save Percentage in 2010 - 2011 lower than Luongo who finished third for Vezina voting

Oh and....

Reimer's Resume

Give your head a shake.
Jose Theodore has a Vezina, doesn't mean he is better now than many goalies in the league.

I personally would love to have both, i can't decide.
Either the solid positioned character vs. the naturally talented high potential.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 01:10 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
Jose Theodore has a Vezina, doesn't mean he is better now than many goalies in the league.

I personally would love to have both, i can't decide.
Either the solid positioned character vs. the naturally talented high potential.
We know the Canucks would rather have him than the 11th overall pick in the last draft. That much we know.

We also know Schnieder has been dominant at every level he has played at and that a 24 year old Schneider has given an elite NHL goalie a run for his money in the last two years.

Old
11-10-2011, 01:24 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
We know the Canucks would rather have him than the 11th overall pick in the last draft. That much we know.

We also know Schnieder has been dominant at every level he has played at and that a 24 year old Schneider has given an elite NHL goalie a run for his money in the last two years.
Reimer has been consistently solid at every level he played at (always around 2.5 .920%), and that a 23 Reimer has carried essentially what is considered a bottom 5 team to a pro-rated record (i hate pro-rating but it has been over half a season so i think the sample size is large enough in this case) of 100+ points.

As a 23 year old rookie thrown into the fire on a team that is notorious for ruining goaltending careers and consistently has bad D and PKing, has only lost 23% of the games he has played in (compared to Schneiders 29% on a much stronger team).

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 01:31 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Reimer has been consistently solid at every level he played at (always around 2.5 .920%), and that a 23 Reimer has carried essentially what is considered a bottom 5 team to a pro-rated record (i hate pro-rating but it has been over half a season so i think the sample size is large enough in this case) of 100+ points.

As a 23 year old rookie thrown into the fire on a team that is notorious for ruining goaltending careers and consistently has bad D and PKing, has only lost 23% of the games he has played in (compared to Schneiders 29% on a much stronger team).
He had a good year last year. It would be an insult for me to bring up Mason, Raycroft, Carey etc, but Schneider has a longer track record that is beyond reproach. No way in hell Vancouver would trade them one for one. Not a chance.

Old
11-10-2011, 02:35 PM
TML4eva*

As a leaf fan, I would do Kulemin for Schneider. Kulemin to me is a very good PWF and it would hurt the leafs to lose him, but not with the exception of Schneider. I saw him play and he's very good. We have plenty of potential 2nd line player and we would also have a 1A/1B situation. I would certainly do this.

TML4eva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Briecheeze

Quote:
  • NCAA - Starting Goalie Finals - 2006

Oh and....

Reimer's Resume

Give your head a shake.
Sigh. Missing the point entirely. I'm not bashing Schneider. I'm saying that there's no need for the Leafs to commit assets when they have Reimer. Clean out your ears. and learn how to read.

As for the one for one deal, neither side would trade Reimer for Schneider head-up.

Briecheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 02:38 PM
TML4eva*

Actually, I rewrote what I said above. I don't think Schneider would be good for the leafs system. Until, wilson is the coach of leafs, schenieder will struggle with the leafs

TML4eva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:

Uh, the stats suggest otherwise.

If you ignore this year, the 2 seasons prior he has had around a 0.92 S% and a 2.50 GAA, over those 2 seasons he played 78 games. His entire WHL career and his first year of pro hockey his stats were much worse... Just so you know...

Quote:
Sigh. Missing the point entirely. I'm not bashing Schneider. I'm saying that there's no need for the Leafs to commit assets when they have Reimer. Clean out your ears. and learn how to read.

As for the one for one deal, neither side would trade Reimer for Schneider head-up.
I think that post is more for the people saying Reimer > Schneider. I understand why you wouldn't want to trade for Schneider, it's just annoying when people say things like "both are equally unproven." In a sense it's true, but Schneider atleast has a tremendous track record.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:21 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadadonk View Post
Crazy talk! I'd take either Schenn or Kulemin over Downie in a NY minute.

Kulemin is a much better winger as well... And Schenn is a young shutdown type right side dman.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 07:30 PM
LeftCoast

Quote:

This topic is starting to go sideways, but how can you say he is consistently anything? He hasn't played a full season in any of the NHL, AHL or ECHL. He's only played 113 games combined across all three leagues over 3 years.

I'm not knocking Reimer - I think he's a really good young goalie. But to say Schnieder would be his back up is just silly.

Anyways - as has been pointed out, I don't TO and Van are necessarily good trading partners. TO is not really looking for a starting goalie, but a veteran backup. Schneider is not a veteran and would not be a backup.

LeftCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:28 AM
ginner classic

Quote:

You said you'd rather have Reimer. Myabe he's a nice guy, but the resumes favour Schneider strongly. But hey....we heard the same about Pogge when he was a Leafs' asset....and Pavelec, Elliott, Schwartz, Dubnyk, Montoya, Harding etc. etc. We're used to Schnieder being disparaged. Reimer looks good so far, but he ain't no Schneider.