HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geoffrion

Old
11-09-2011, 08:47 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

vCash: 500
Geoffrion

I think it's time he spent some time in Milwaukee. I understand if Legwand is injured, it's probably not going to happen, but he's bringing zero offense to the table and his defense is slightly above average. I just don't want to see him hit a rut and get stuck there. Call up Chris Mueller, Ryan Thang, Gabriel Bourque...whomever...and let Geoffrion take a little bit more time.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Agree. Should have been part of the Pred's depth in MIL to start this season, but forced into starting role due to Poile's inability to secure additional help at forward.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 08:53 AM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I think it's time he spent some time in Milwaukee. I understand if Legwand is injured, it's probably not going to happen, but he's bringing zero offense to the table and his defense is slightly above average. I just don't want to see him hit a rut and get stuck there. Call up Chris Mueller, Ryan Thang, Gabriel Bourque...whomever...and let Geoffrion take a little bit more time.
is it that or the fact that hes stuck on the 4th line?

if he moves up to center hornqvist and wilson in leggys absence do you think anything changes?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 08:57 AM
PredsV82
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Agree. Should have been part of the Pred's depth in MIL to start this season, but forced into starting role due to Poile's inability to secure additional help at forward.
really??? seems to me we already have too many top 6 guys when everyone is healthy, and if you do the math if everyone had been healthy to start the season Geoffrion would have almost certainly been in Milwaukee, and maybe even Smith too(arent we glad he wasnt)... its not Poiles fault that we havent had a single game this season with everyone healthy

if you think Blake will do better on the top line in Milwaukee than on the 4th line here, I wont disagree, I will just say that I suspect that was the plan until the injuries occurred

Old
11-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
really??? seems to me we already have too many top 6 guys when everyone is healthy, and if you do the math if everyone had been healthy to start the season Geoffrion would have almost certainly been in Milwaukee, and maybe even Smith too(arent we glad he wasnt)... its not Poiles fault that we havent had a single game this season with everyone healthy

if you think Blake will do better on the top line in Milwaukee than on the 4th line here, I wont disagree, I will just say that I suspect that was the plan until the injuries occurred
Problem is we really don't have a true number one line. Some lines are better some nights than others. If we had a super star like parise or bobby ryan, their line would be the number one line.

I think poile's strategy last year of having O'Reilly, Lombardi, and Legwand centering three lines as defensively responsible scorers.

This team is better off duplicating 3 scoring lines and having one true energy line.

I would like to see Bam Bam with Smith for the next game with legwand out.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:

That's the problem. The Preds are just about were they normally are in regards to injuries with a couple (or more) guys out per game. At least that's the way it's worked out the last few seasons.

Also, don't forget O'Reilly. I've got to believe that Poile was expecting more than he got from him so that probably should have bumped BG down even further. I still stand by my point that Poile should have brought in some outside help at forward so BG becomes a call-up, not a Pred to start the season. Just don't think that between O'Reilly and BG the Preds are getting everything they needed or were expecting.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 09:09 AM
PredsV82
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Problem is we really don't have a true number one line. Some lines are better some nights than others. If we had a super star like parise or bobby ryan, their line would be the number one line.

I think poile's strategy last year of having O'Reilly, Lombardi, and Legwand centering three lines as defensively responsible scorers.

This team is better off duplicating 3 scoring lines and having one true energy line.

I would like to see Bam Bam with Smith for the next game with legwand out.
Erat-Fisher-SK
Wilson-Leggy-Horns
+Smith

is two pretty good scoring lines

when we are fully healthy I would like to see a third scoring line of Smith-Geoffrion-Halischuk

I think in that scenario Geoffrion might develop better and we'd have 3 good scoring lines

Smithson-Tootooo-Spaling as the 4th line...

Old
11-09-2011, 09:13 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I think he's played ok, he isn't scoring but he's banging around more than most of our forwards. I like his forecheck.

He's not going to produce on his own, never will, he's a banger that needs a playmaker on his line.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 09:14 AM
PredsV82
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
That's the problem. The Preds are just about were they normally are in regards to injuries with a couple (or more) guys out per game. At least that's the way it's worked out the last few seasons.

Also, don't forget O'Reilly. I've got to believe that Poile was expecting more than he got from him so that probably should have bumped BG down even further. I still stand by my point that Poile should have brought in some outside help at forward so BG becomes a call-up, not a Pred to start the season.
the problem is how far do you bump him down?

if he had brought in anyone else, and kept oreilly and we had stayed healthy, geoffrion would have been about the 16th forward on the depth chart and wouldnt have been able to be called up except in the case of multiple long term injuries

Old
11-09-2011, 09:16 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
is it that or the fact that hes stuck on the 4th line?

if he moves up to center hornqvist and wilson in leggys absence do you think anything changes?
He's played with talented players...bergfors, hornqvist, even halischuk, sometimes for extended periods. He just seems to be lost out there, at the moment. He's lacking an identity, and I don't want to see him held back by being rushed. I know that we've disagreed in the past about the value of playing on the first line in Milwaukee vs the the fourth line in Nashville. He was called up in the midst of a hot streak last season and never went back down, but prior to that hot streak, he had played well in Milwaukee--but by no means dominant or indicative of having nothing more to prove down there.

In some ways, that hat trick in the Buffalo game was the worst thing that could have happened. It cemented his spot in the lineup in the eyes of the fans and media, and possibly the coaching staff. He's hit a wall in a major way, at the moment.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 09:32 AM
PredsV82
No

Again I don't have a problem with sending him down as long as we have enough capable players up here. It certainly did wonders for erat all those years ago.

Old
11-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Erat-Fisher-SK
Wilson-Leggy-Horns
+Smith

is two pretty good scoring lines

when we are fully healthy I would like to see a third scoring line of Smith-Geoffrion-Halischuk

I think in that scenario Geoffrion might develop better and we'd have 3 good scoring lines

Smithson-Tootooo-Spaling as the 4th line...
good not great, adding another guy to play with smith is ideal. Put Geoffrion with smith and see if Smith can get him going.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 09:48 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd just like to see him get some pp time in front of the net, that's where he earns his living.

I think Smith looked really good at center last night and hope that's a home for him.

Old
11-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

vCash: 325
Geoffrion playing with McGrattan and Bergfors isn't helping anything. If we bump him up to third line (which I assume will happen with Leggy out) we will surround him with some guys actually capable of scoring chances and/or at least generating some momentum. I think he's good at what he does, and he should be doing a little more than a grinding line center.

All this talk about us "being fine when we're healthy" is good and dandy but that doesn't happen in any sport, anywhere, over a season. You must have depth when players inevitably go down and you must have players who rise up to fill the role. Our knock early in the season was that we were talented but too inexperienced right now to really be a "good team". Some chemistry and cohesiveness was established when we were, indeed, mostly healthy but now that's in question again. We are very reliant on a few individual players offensively and that's a slippery slope to ride on. Right now this team is capable of going out and winning a game 5-2 and looking great or losing 4-0 and having us question everything.

All I know is this is a really important game and it would be great to end the trip 3-1 after all this.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:19 PM
tserberis*

AHL would be good for him at the moment.
When (if) the team get healthy I'd rather keep Smith at center and give more time to Bergfors. He is more proven then BG in the NHL and if he'll catch his game he'll bring more offence.

10-15-74
33-11-27
18-12-24
13-25-22

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 01:23 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
AHL would be good for him at the moment.
When (if) the team get healthy I'd rather keep Smith at center and give more time to Bergfors. He is more proven then BG in the NHL and if he'll catch his game he'll bring more offence.

10-15-74
33-11-27
18-12-24
13-25-22
Again, why would the AHL be great for him? He's not a dangler he doesn't need confidence with the puck. He's playing with the 2 worst wingers on the team right now, that's what's hurting him, not confidence or experience.

Old
11-09-2011, 02:05 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Gotta' agree with trig on this one; it's no different than the crying and moaning about Leggy not getting it done when he was centering Ward and Smithson. Not saying I expect BG to be Leggy, just saying him with our bottom pair wingers makes it tough to contribute much on O.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 02:30 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Gotta' agree with trig on this one; it's no different than the crying and moaning about Leggy not getting it done when he was centering Ward and Smithson. Not saying I expect BG to be Leggy, just saying him with our bottom pair wingers makes it tough to contribute much on O.
While I see your point I don't see the offensive awareness in Blake like I do Leggy. Admittedly, this comes with experience but Blake isn't going to get that experience he needs playing 4th line minutes with Grinders. Send him down and let him work on his overall game where he is leaned on in all situations.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 08:47 PM
mynameistickle

Hows Geoffrion been doing in the AHL this season? In my dynasty league I have him on my farm team. Im considering cutting him after his stats show hes been struggling mightily.

Any information at all would be really useful, thanks!

mynameistickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Tootoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameistickle View Post
Hows Geoffrion been doing in the AHL this season? In my dynasty league I have him on my farm team. Im considering cutting him after his stats show hes been struggling mightily.

Any information at all would be really useful, thanks!
Terrible. Honestly has been ECHL quality for several games. He does give more effort then Blum tho

Tootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Our sophomores are all stinking it up this year.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 11:39 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Our sophomores are all stinking it up this year.
Do Hasischuk and Spalling count?

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 09:40 AM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Do Hasischuk and Spalling count?
My thoughts exactly. If that's the case, I think we stand on the PLUS side between all 4. Hope Bam Bam can put things back together at some point. Despite this fall back of Blummer, he does have some great potential which will probably be seen with another team (hint hint hint, DP).

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote