HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Roenick and Amonte back to Chicago? (Rumour)

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2004, 02:47 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Vandermeer is decent. Cullimore is decent. Poapst sucks. Slow and merely adequate defensively with NO offense to speak of. Berard is our only good blue liner. I don't think we should do this trade. Were not making the playoffs any time soon and I think we need to give the Rusky's a chance to play.

Old
09-11-2004, 02:50 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
Just read some of the stuff he has said, he's pretty much made it clear in some of his comments that he hates where Philly is going and that he doesn't view the Flyers as a contender anymore. However, I don't think he would get dealt, there are just too many problems with most deals.
I've read all the things he's said, and seen his interviews on TV. I agree he's been pissed about possibly losing Recchi, Leclair, and Amonte, all good friends of his who have put up points, while the organization is yet to replace their production. Nothing he says, to me, shows that he "hates" Philly or doesn't view them as a contender. Again, I think you are reading a little to much into what he is saying, he's a little pissed and mouthing off, like he always does. That doesn't mean he is unhappy to play in or for Philly.

Old
09-11-2004, 02:51 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by newschool
Alright, let me set the record straight here.

First of all, on Amonte.
Amonte is a total dog now.
Has anyone watched the world cup of hockey?
That being said, he will get 50 points, and he would sell tickets in Chicago, which is what they need.
The Hawks would be retarded to trade for him though.
If JR goes to Chicago, Amonte is bound to follow.
The Flyers will buy him out, the Hawks would be wise to wait on that and sign him at about 2.5 million if they do indeed want him.

As for Roenick, it is obvious he wants out of Philly.
With Zhamnov likely to come back, JR is expendable.
However, the Flyers are not buying him out, nor will they give him away.
That was absurd and totally false that the Flyers would "gladly dump off Roenick for a third or fourth."
If they would have "dumped him off" for a second he would be a Coyote and Nedved wouldn't.
Roenick would cost the Hawks a legit young player.
Mark Bell, Seabrook and mid round pick, or AT LEAST Kyle Calder.
Now, the Flyers would have pick up a decent amount of JR'S remaining salary, but I am sure they would.

Let's be honest, JR is likely to get traded.
Chicago has money, and needs to sell tickets and show they want to make the playoffs.
It makes sense, but i doubt it happens, because it makes too much sense.
It could though, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

At least Kyle Calder? He plays for peanuts and plays well. Seabrook wont be moved and neither will Bell. It doesn't make sense at all for a team in rebuilding mode to move one of its three young important pieces for an aging center that might not stay healthy.

Old
09-11-2004, 04:04 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
I agree he's been pissed about possibly losing Recchi, Leclair, and Amonte, all good friends of his who have put up points, while the organization is yet to replace their production.
Yeah, especially their production in the playoffs... I might be in favor of keeping Amonte although his recent WC performance has made him a lot less desirable, but Rex and LeClair weren't very good in the playoffs and if the Flyers want to try replacing them with younger cheaper guys, that is 100% fine with me. GM's are worried about the new CBA and although I didn't like losing Recchi, Knuble is cheaper and younger. LeClair's salary needs to be shed and he wasn't a key part of this team. JR seems sad about things, but doesn't really seem to realize that this is a business and that Clarke has to make some business decisions.

Old
09-11-2004, 04:12 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
Yeah, especially their production in the playoffs... I might be in favor of keeping Amonte although his recent WC performance has made him a lot less desirable, but Rex and LeClair weren't very good in the playoffs and if the Flyers want to try replacing them with younger cheaper guys, that is 100% fine with me. GM's are worried about the new CBA and although I didn't like losing Recchi, Knuble is cheaper and younger. LeClair's salary needs to be shed and he wasn't a key part of this team. JR seems sad about things, but doesn't really seem to realize that this is a business and that Clarke has to make some business decisions.
I agree.. and because JR seems obviously unhappy, it's time to move on IMO.

The flyers are planting the seeds of rebuilding here... with Pitkanen, Esche, Johnson, Gagne, etc, there is a good young core of players already playing well... add in the promising Carter, Richards etc and you have a good foundation for a rebuilding program in place.

I think JR sees this and wants to start fresh... and from the Flyers POV it makes sense to move him.

Lose his salary along with Amonte and Leclair... re-sign Zhamnov and use some the other $$ saved on another UFA and build with the core in place... makes sense to me considering the current make up of the team.

if JR doesn't like it, all the better for Clarke... he doesn't need his contract and attitude for what he brings right now on the ice anyways... Primeau and Handzus provide enough grit down the middle, add Zhamnov and your offense should be fine, and down the road Richards and Carter will address any holes in the middle that losing JR might create now.

only problem is moving them.... I don't see many teams interested in those contracts, and I dont' see the flyers getting much in return, but if they can move them without having to eat much $$, then any return at all is a bonus IMO.

Old
09-11-2004, 04:14 PM
FlyersProspect2

Send a message via AIM to FlyersProspect2
If we trade Roenick, then we have to get atleast some kind of talent back. Clarke I don't think will trade for a prospects.

IMO, if trading Roenick and somehow getting rid of Amonte and LeClair made for a few bad seasons as we watch our prospects turn into players, I wouldnt' mind. Maybe we can still win with the team we have, but IMO we I don't think we can. I'm a very strong supporter of getting the youth movement in full effect.

Old
09-11-2004, 04:35 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersProspect2
If we trade Roenick, then we have to get atleast some kind of talent back. Clarke I don't think will trade for a prospects.

IMO, if trading Roenick and somehow getting rid of Amonte and LeClair made for a few bad seasons as we watch our prospects turn into players, I wouldnt' mind. Maybe we can still win with the team we have, but IMO we I don't think we can. I'm a very strong supporter of getting the youth movement in full effect.
If those Roenick for Weight rumors are true, I wouldn't mind doing that one although I don't know if Weight can play RW, but if the Flyers did that, maybe then they could sign Demitra instead of Zhamnov or something. I think the best we would get for JR would be some kind of prospect, maybe Seabrook or Babchuk? and a mid-round pick. I think JR will stay because no one wants to take on a guy who makes that kind of money and is an injury liability.

Old
09-11-2004, 04:50 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
I agree.. and because JR seems obviously unhappy, it's time to move on IMO.
Obviously unhappy? I don't see it. His remarks on Phoenix radio are the only thing that would indicate that he's unhappy.

Closed Thread