HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rookie Camp

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2004, 10:16 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puke`
I was there and I only saw Mike Keenan, John Muckler & André Savard. Actually, Keenan was sitting RIGHT behind me for the FLA/TOR game. I saw Savard early in the afternoon in the hall and Muckler was sitting in one of the Press Rooms for the Habs game.

Who else did I miss?
Wow you actually got to sit! I was at the Habs/florida games. I drove from Ottawa for this and I had to stand up on the railing to actually see something. And idiots in front of us, even if they were tall enough to see, kept standing up in front of my girlfriend so she didnt even see half the game. I was parked like 3 cars from Mike Keenan's Lexus. I also saw Gainey who walked just behind me. I had my habs jersey and Keenan looked at me, looked at my jersey, looked at me again and passed by hehe.. that was just weird. Saw Savard too, didnt notice Muckler though.

Old
09-13-2004, 11:29 AM
Le depisteur

I saw both games this weekend and here's my comments:

The players who impressed me the most are Chipchura, Lapierre, Milroy, Ferland and Kostitsyn... In fact, they are those that I'm almost certain that they will play in the NHL one day, except maybe Danis, Halak and Archer.

Chipchura: Impress me a lot. He's better offensively that i thought... A real steal at the 2004 draft... Good skating, Very good stickhandling... Very strong with the pouck and very effecive in the defensive zone... THE leader with Milroy on the ice... Could be with the big club as of today...

Milroy: Very mature, good skating, I was happy to see him played with authority... he's older, the difference is visible but I would not be surprised to see it in Montreal in 2-3 years... It's the Milroy as it is supposed to be since we drafted him...

Ferland: His skating improved a lot... Very energetic player... Will be great on a 4rd line...

Lapierre: Our future 3rd liner... Very Good skater with a good offensive flair... A real pest...

Kostitsyn: By far, the most talented player on the ice... Great vision, good skating, very good shoot, a wizard with the puck... But not very intense, but it's excusable...

The players who disappointed me the most are Locke, D.Stewart and Dulac-Lemelin...

Old
09-13-2004, 12:17 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur

The players who impressed me the most are Chipchura, Lapierre, Milroy, Ferland and Kostitsyn... In fact, they are those that I'm almost certain that they will play in the NHL one day, except maybe Danis, Halak and Archer.

Chipchura: Impress me a lot. He's better offensively that i thought... A real steal at the 2004 draft... Good skating, Very good stickhandling... Very strong with the pouck and very effecive in the defensive zone... THE leader with Milroy on the ice... Could be with the big club as of today...

Milroy: Very mature, good skating, I was happy to see him played with authority... he's older, the difference is visible but I would not be surprised to see it in Montreal in 2-3 years... It's the Milroy as it is supposed to be since we drafted him...

Ferland: His skating improved a lot... Very energetic player... Will be great on a 4rd line...

Lapierre: Our future 3rd liner... Very Good skater with a good offensive flair... A real pest...

Kostitsyn: By far, the most talented player on the ice... Great vision, good skating, very good shoot, a wizard with the puck... But not very intense, but it's excusable...

The players who disappointed me the most are Locke, D.Stewart and Dulac-Lemelin...
What disapointed you about Locke. I found he played really good. He had by far the best vision on the whole team. I agree Dulac sucked big time.

Old
09-13-2004, 01:24 PM
Habsaku

Quote:

Hey, I have to say your opinion is bang on with mine. Pretty much what I said on another thread .

Old
09-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
What disapointed you about Locke. I found he played really good. He had by far the best vision on the whole team. I agree Dulac sucked big time.
Locke is small, we know it all, but it is supposed to be very talented. He won 2 times the OHL scorer title and I expected much more... Nothing makes me believe that he will play in the NHL one day... His passes were sometimes unprecises, and his play missed smoothness although it is the force of his play... Remember that he never participated at the WJC and it is very revealing. I saw him couple of times and never he has impress me... Perhaps that I was not lucky and I wish it, but I have much difficulty of believing the opposite... In short, I have difficulty of making me a positive opinion about it... I would like to have others comments about Locke to see if you think like me or not...

Thanks!

Old
09-13-2004, 02:37 PM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Hey, I have to say your opinion is bang on with mine. Pretty much what I said on another thread .
I'm glad to see that I didn't dream... The CH's future shines!!! :gman:

Old
09-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Puke`

Send a message via ICQ to Puke`
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
Wow you actually got to sit! I was at the Habs/florida games. I drove from Ottawa for this and I had to stand up on the railing to actually see something. And idiots in front of us, even if they were tall enough to see, kept standing up in front of my girlfriend so she didnt even see half the game. I was parked like 3 cars from Mike Keenan's Lexus. I also saw Gainey who walked just behind me. I had my habs jersey and Keenan looked at me, looked at my jersey, looked at me again and passed by hehe.. that was just weird. Saw Savard too, didnt notice Muckler though.
My bad, I meant the Florida/Toronto game that was played on Saturday. Actually, there were plenty of empty 'seats' and we even (my and 2 friends) had the best seats in the house (dead center of the rink, first row) and I guess the fans just came for the second game on Saturday which was the MTL/OTT one. We had to stand up (actually, only for something like 30 minutes, then people started leaving (don't ask me why) and we found okay seats at the beginning of the 3rd period, right in front of Kelly Guard.

But seriously, I'll only talk for the Saturday game (the MTL/OTT one) as I didn't attend yesterday's, but a lot more people would've found seats if there were less stupid people in the stands. This one old man at the beginning of the 3rd had reserved a WHOLE bench for himself and his 'friends'. Seriously, he didn't let us sit on his bench (a whole row and they were first row seats too) telling us that his friends were using the restrooms. Finally, we found out they were only 4 that came back and he had reserved enough space to fit in EASILY 10 people.

Anyway, we had A LOT of fun. The only problem we found was the absence of any restaurants nearby. We walked for nearly 20 minutes before finding a Domino's Pizza (but they had no tables, only 6 or 7 chairs to sit on while waiting for your order) and a Hot-Dog place where we finally ate at. If it was closer from where I live I'd go back on tuesday for the final game, and I'd definit. suggest to anyone living close to Pierrefonds to go RIGHT away. I know I would.

Old
09-13-2004, 07:32 PM
Puke`

Send a message via ICQ to Puke`
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy
I didn't recognize most of the guys there and had 'em pointed out to me by a dedicated hound who has been collecting autographs for over 20 years and is quite well known, or at least, often recognized by the hockey guys.

A partial list - Andre Boudrias, Gord Donnelly, John Ferguson Jr., Lucien Deblois, Rick Ley, Anders Hedberg, Pierre Gauthier, Wayne Mundey (ex ref, both WHA and NHL, now with the Blues), Larry Carriere, Trent McLeary, Brian Murray, Ron Low, Guy Charron, Keith Acton, Mike Busniuk, Nick Polano.

Of course Gainey, Jarvis, Julien were all in attendance. So was David Mulder, team uberdoktor. I accidentally elbowed Gainey but he didn't retaliate.

Also present yesterday, proud father Wally Weir. His son was one of 10 free agent invitees to the Panthers' camp. " I still hate the Canadiens" the one-time Nordiques blueliner was overheard telling a virtually unknown local writer.

Dave Jackson and family there tonight.

Also a number of pathetic puckbunnies, most of 'em blonde, looking to advance themselves.

Then there are the relatives who turn up wearing their son/brother/cousin's sweaters. The one from the OHL team and the one he was given at the draft in Nashvile for the photo op with 03 on the back.
Now that you mention him, I remember seeing Trent McLeary. There were also a lot of Pierre Mitsou fans in the stands on Saturday, wearing the Ottawa 67's jersey.

And I don't see why you're complaining about the puckbunnies, I noticed them too and they were actually quite hot

Old
09-13-2004, 07:57 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Locke is small, we know it all, but it is supposed to be very talented. He won 2 times the OHL scorer title and I expected much more... Nothing makes me believe that he will play in the NHL one day... His passes were sometimes unprecises, and his play missed smoothness although it is the force of his play... Remember that he never participated at the WJC and it is very revealing. I saw him couple of times and never he has impress me... Perhaps that I was not lucky and I wish it, but I have much difficulty of believing the opposite... In short, I have difficulty of making me a positive opinion about it... I would like to have others comments about Locke to see if you think like me or not...

Thanks!
Locke never impressed me as well.

Old
09-13-2004, 09:01 PM
RLC

Just got back from pierrefonds.
MTL 7 TO 3 with 11 mins left.

I think Milroy got 3 and Kostitsen Got one, Chipchura got 2 assists. Ferland got one.
Milroy played a good game strong on the puck. quick feet, good hockey sence.

Lacasse the MTL goalie I thought looked nervous At the start of the game WELL was I wrong. This kid played a good game much better then the TO goalies

I was NOT impressed with MTL Sanford ( defence).
Archer is a big defenceman and he held his own very well.

overall I was impressed with the MTL rookies. For a bunch of guys that do not know each other the play was cohearent most of the time. There is talent here.

Old
09-13-2004, 09:18 PM
RLC

PS
Locke is small. I little slower then the group. He will need at least a year in Hamilton.
One thing I can away with is the sense that most of the MTL rookies need to learn just how to use their body more to be able to win one on ones along the boards.
A stick check may work in junior but if you use your body to get better position then your opponent you will be much more effective along the boards. This will be a job for Jarvis. These rookies have talent and with more expiereance good coaching and learning better moves from more expiereance pros, it will not be long for them to contend for Habs spots. 2 years more and most of these rookies will be good enough for the NHL somewhere.

Old
09-13-2004, 09:25 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC
PS
Locke is small. I little slower then the group. He will need at least a year in Hamilton.

I don't think ANYONE expected him to be NHL-ready yet. But you're right in that he will need some time to develop, and I'd push it to 2 years unless he makes MAJOR strides this AHL season.

And good to see we whooped the Laffs, even if we already knew our prospects were better.

Old
09-13-2004, 09:28 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Final was 9-4. Milroy with a HT. 2 for AK and Ferland. G Stewart and Lambert added the other ones.

We play the same TO team tomorrow in the finals.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/art...4,790635.shtml

Old
09-13-2004, 09:37 PM
RaTcine

Was there any beautiful goal???

Old
09-13-2004, 10:04 PM
MontrealSF
Lars Eller.

Kostitsyn 2nd goal was awesome. He got a pass from a D and came from the right against a D. He fired the puck, which was stopped partially by Racine, but he jumped on it as fast as he could and scored. He never gave up on the play.

Duncan Milroy 2 goals
Andrei Kostitsyn 2 goals
Kyle Chupchura 3 passes

Old
09-13-2004, 10:24 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Milroy with his three goals tonight ends up with the tourney scoring lead after the three round robin games (nice job!!). Chippy (the 18 year old with no offensive upside playing against older players hehe) does just fine with 5 points in three games, just one point behind scoring leaders. Great news!!

http://sk-hockey.com/sk/stat/stat_ex...vel=163&type=6

Old
09-13-2004, 11:05 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
Milroy with his three goals tonight ends up with the tourney scoring lead after the three round robin games (nice job!!). Chippy (the 18 year old with no offensive upside playing against older players hehe) does just fine with 5 points in three games, just one point behind scoring leaders. Great news!!

http://sk-hockey.com/sk/stat/stat_ex...vel=163&type=6
Great news indeed. Never doubted Chipchura had the offensive flair, but (and it's kind of confirmed here) he's much more a playmaking type. A big physical playmaking 2-way center... When was the last time we had that in MTL?

Old
09-14-2004, 12:16 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Great news indeed. Never doubted Chipchura had the offensive flair, but (and it's kind of confirmed here) he's much more a playmaking type. A big physical playmaking 2-way center... When was the last time we had that in MTL?
One with this kind of potential? Probably Guy Carbonneau in his prime... If he's anything like they say he is, Gainey potentially might have just drafted his clone. That'd be awesome

Old
09-14-2004, 07:17 AM
johnnyboo

Habsworld review of the game

http://www.habsworld.net/show_big_news.php?id=699

Old
09-14-2004, 10:48 AM
bopeep

Just wondering if anyone who has gone to any of the games can tell me of their impressions of Jonathan Jolette (skating, aggressiveness, decision making...). Two assists last night, +2 for the game; he's definitely got some size and can put up points from the right d-man position.

Old
09-14-2004, 11:42 AM
Boardish

Any videos where we can see a game review? (At least goals )

Old
09-14-2004, 05:54 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopeep
Just wondering if anyone who has gone to any of the games can tell me of their impressions of Jonathan Jolette (skating, aggressiveness, decision making...). Two assists last night, +2 for the game; he's definitely got some size and can put up points from the right d-man position.
I'm interested as well. I know one writer from insidehockey that is there, so I hope to hit him up for opinions on Jolette, who seems very interesting. Caron looked decent in the only game I saw of Moncton, but he's very skinny and not strong from what I've seen.

Old
09-14-2004, 10:42 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
:O We lost to Toronto in final tonight... How? *cries*

5-3.

Thats it folks. 15 minutes remaining before lockout officialy starts.

Old
09-14-2004, 10:44 PM
toughstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I'm interested as well. I know one writer from insidehockey that is there, so I hope to hit him up for opinions on Jolette, who seems very interesting. Caron looked decent in the only game I saw of Moncton, but he's very skinny and not strong from what I've seen.

Did not have a chance to see Jolette play but did see Caron. He did not overly impress me but still was a surprise. The only D which played better than him was Flood.

I got the impression he was an aggressive type. May not be bulky but certainly did not look weak. Looked much stronger than Dulac-Lemelin who reminded me a lot of Patrick Traverse.

Old
09-15-2004, 09:39 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughstuff
Did not have a chance to see Jolette play but did see Caron. He did not overly impress me but still was a surprise. The only D which played better than him was Flood.

I got the impression he was an aggressive type. May not be bulky but certainly did not look weak. Looked much stronger than Dulac-Lemelin who reminded me a lot of Patrick Traverse.
THat's what I thought when I saw Dulac play, Pat Traverse but without experience. He was just so slow and was caught flatfooted on a lot of plays.

Closed Thread