HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Goligoski's next contract

Old
11-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

vCash: 500
Goligoski's next contract

A question for Stars fans: is Goligoski your #1?

For his next contract I expect the same kind of money Subban is expected to make (i.e. $4-5M range)

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 07:01 PM
PATCHESx67

hes still an RFA right ? i believe Goligoski will make 4.5Mill for a few seasons

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
hes still an RFA right ? i believe Goligoski will make 4.5Mill for a few seasons
Yes, he will be a pending RFA, but just one year away from UFA. Anything longer than one year will require the Stars to shell out more money because they will eat into Goligoski's UFA years.

Old
11-09-2011, 07:09 PM
wej20

I imagine Nieuwendyk will be looking for a 6 year contract at around 4.5-5.5.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
I imagine Nieuwendyk will be looking for a 6 year contract at around 4.5-5.5.
Very close.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 1951
He's been okay, but has had a lot of turnovers. He played amazingly last season when we picked him up, but it seems with Souray's resurgence and the new system, he hasn't looked like himself thus far.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 07:48 PM
JesusNPucks

Maybe I'm being unfair, but I don't think he's done anything to merit $5M per year. He was doing great last year, but hasn't started off too well this year. If he returns to the level he was playing at last year, I would say $5M. But, perhaps, performance won't matter and the market demand will require that he gets that much. JMHO.

JesusNPucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 07:50 PM
danyhabsfan

Coburn got 4.5M so he should expect at least 5M.

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 07:52 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusNPucks View Post
Maybe I'm being unfair, but I don't think he's done anything to merit $5M per year. He was doing great last year, but hasn't started off too well this year. If he returns to the level he was playing at last year, I would say $5M. But, perhaps, performance won't matter and the market demand will require that he gets that much. JMHO.
l would agree with that. And I am a big Goose fan. He has to return to the level he was at last year to get that type of contract imo. I am sure Stars fans have to be wondering which is the real Goligoski, last season post trade version, or this years disappointing model.

td_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 08:03 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusNPucks View Post
guessing it depends on the length, I'm assuming it's 6 years because that's what Daley got and if he ends up with 50 points while being relatively solid defensively I could see him getting very close to 5 million.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 08:35 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
I don't think he's been too bad, and I only have one complaint about Gulutzen it is that Goli is on the PP with Robidas instead of Souray. I don't believe that Robi and Goli are the best option at all as a pair on the PP. I think this has probably hurt his production some as well.

I think the turnovers are sticking out because they are very recent. He was clearly not at his best against Washington or Carolina. However, overall this year, he's pretty much turning over the puck as much as he did last year which is OK because he takes risks. Sometimes you get burned, and at this point it has not been habitual.

I want more production out of him, but I also really don't like who he's on the ice with. I really like how both Pardy and Fistric have done this year ... Fistric more so ... but they aren't great partners to bolster offense. Plus, on the PP and what seems to be quite often at even strength, Goli is playing with Ribs line. They aren't doing so hot either right now. Daley seems to lately always be on the ice with the Benn line. Despite the fact they aren't big guys, I'd really like to see a Goli and Daley pair at ES with Souray and Goli on the PP. I think that'd do wonders for Daley and Goli.

As far as money goes .... my guess is a 3 year deal worth around $4.75 million or a 5+ year deal around $5.25.

He's still on pace for 34 points, and I think most would agree he's only likely to get better. I imagine will still see a 40+ point season out of him. Ribs and Morrow getting on track will go a long way. IMO, Ott coming back might be a boost to that line. Ribs has never been great at faceoffs, but overall this year Riberio has been atrocious. I was honestly worried about Benn's faceoff ability this summer which is why I assumed Otter was on the Benn line. Seeing that Benn may have perfected that part of his game, Ribs and Morrow would benefit from starting with the puck more often than constantly fighting to get it back after a faceoff. I'm surprised Ott has been out this long considering Gully said if it was the playoffs he'd be in, but I think it's reasonable to assume he'll return soon.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 09:05 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
If Goligoski's getting that much (4-5 mil), then how much should Grossman be asking for? And Benn, too?

I think that's about right, though. 3 years at 4 mil, or 5 at 5. Somewhere around there.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 1951
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
If Goligoski's getting that much (4-5 mil), then how much should Grossman be asking for? And Benn, too?

I think that's about right, though. 3 years at 4 mil, or 5 at 5. Somewhere around there.
I could see them signing Grossman to a deal similar to Daley's recent contract or less. Benn, on the other hand, there's no telling how much he'll get if he keeps his production up like this. Wishfully thinking I would hope something similar to Eriksson's contract, but it might end up being more similar to Ribeiro's given how teams are paying a premium for young players now more than ever.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:01 AM

Haven't been able to watch Gogo since he was traded, but I'm glad that this discussion is being had.

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:35 AM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Gonna need to wait till later in the season. Its too early to pay him value for 15 games he played at the end of last year, nor the 15 he's played this year.

Atm he's not doing too well but as BigG44 said, his PP partner and unit have not been good. I guarantee you if Goose was on with the Benn unit he'd have 3-4 more points this year and no one would bat an eye lash. Riberio and Morrow have been really bad and its hurting his production as well.

He'll pick it up when the Riberio unit does, or if/when Gulu switches his PP partner. I still think he'll put up 40 points this year.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Shady12
12-13 FGotG Champion

As has been mentioned, he's been paired with 3rd pairing guys this season. Just how it's worked out because of how the rest of the dmen fit together I think. Souray-Robidas makes sense(as it would on the PP, leaving Goligoski with Daley on the PP), and Daley-Grossman.

If you look at stats/metrics, Goligoski is playing well offensively when it comes to scoring chances, etc. The only difference is production compared to last season. The metrics show the scoring will come. Sometimes the points don't come in hockey even when you're playing well.

As for Grossman, he hasn't been too good this season, Frankly I wouldn't mind letting him go if he doesn't get better and if they re-sign Souray. Plus Fistric has been really good. Then there's Larsen and Dillon knocking at the door.

Shady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post

I really think it should be more about what other comparable players are getting. Benn for instance would be somewhat comparable to JVR, who got 4.25 for six years, Benn is a better player in my opinion and would probably be looking around 5ish for 6 years, just my opinion.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

He'll be RFA so the Stars have some leverage. I could see him getting a Letang type of contract for about 4 years and 3.5m/per. I suppose he could get 4 million or more if he goes on a tear like he did toward the end of last season.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 02:40 PM
TheRealDeal36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
I really think it should be more about what other comparable players are getting. Benn for instance would be somewhat comparable to JVR, who got 4.25 for six years, Benn is a better player in my opinion and would probably be looking around 5ish for 6 years, just my opinion.

I was just reading these post and was going to reply with the same thing about Benn. I agree, I think (depending on when it is done) that he will get a similar contract to van Riemsdyk.

TheRealDeal36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
He'll be RFA so the Stars have some leverage. I could see him getting a Letang type of contract for about 4 years and 3.5m/per. I suppose he could get 4 million or more if he goes on a tear like he did toward the end of last season.
But not much leverage unless Gogo signs for one year. On a multi-year deal, he may very well be paid $3.5M for his remaining RFA year but UFA years, for players of a similar caliber, are more expensive.

Old
11-11-2011, 03:39 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady12 View Post
As has been mentioned, he's been paired with 3rd pairing guys this season. Just how it's worked out because of how the rest of the dmen fit together I think. Souray-Robidas makes sense(as it would on the PP, leaving Goligoski with Daley on the PP), and Daley-Grossman.

If you look at stats/metrics, Goligoski is playing well offensively when it comes to scoring chances, etc. The only difference is production compared to last season. The metrics show the scoring will come. Sometimes the points don't come in hockey even when you're playing well.

As for Grossman, he hasn't been too good this season, Frankly I wouldn't mind letting him go if he doesn't get better and if they re-sign Souray. Plus Fistric has been really good. Then there's Larsen and Dillon knocking at the door.
Agree with your thoughts on Grossman. I think his spot goes to Larsen next season. Itll be nice to have a RS Dman who is capable on the powerplay instead of having to run Robidas out there all the time.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 04:24 PM
tony d
The franchise

4 years at 4.5 million a season.

11-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
Agree with your thoughts on Grossman. I think his spot goes to Larsen next season. Itll be nice to have a RS Dman who is capable on the powerplay instead of having to run Robidas out there all the time.
I'd rather toss Robidas than let Grossman walk.

Grossman @ 2 years, 3mil/year and Gogo at 4.5 until Loui's contract expires would be acceptable there.

Frozen Failure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 05:01 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
I'd rather toss Robidas than let Grossman walk.

Grossman @ 2 years, 3mil/year and Gogo at 4.5 until Loui's contract expires would be acceptable there.
well so would i but which do you think is more likely?

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
well so would i but which do you think is more likely?
We let Souray walk and keep all 3?

Frozen Failure is online now   Reply With Quote