HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Q&A with Pleks (In french, sorry)

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Alexj4x*

vCash: 500
Q&A with Pleks (In french, sorry)

http://www.chfans.com/in_comments.php?t=2128

Thanks to Yanos and all the CHfan community

For those that can<t read french:

-He would like to play on a line with Bulis and Zednik
-He likes Koivu a lot and he thinks hes one of the best player in the NHL
-His favorite player is Jagr
-He thinks he still has some things to learn in Hamilton

Old
09-12-2004, 01:22 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexj4x
http://www.chfans.com/in_comments.php?t=2128

Thanks to Yanos and all the CHfan community

For those that can<t read french:

-He would like to play on a line with Bulis and Zednik
-He likes Koivu a lot and he thinks hes one of the best player in the NHL
-His favorite player is Jagr
-He thinks he still has some things to learn in Hamilton

Thanks, my French sucks but I could get through it mostly with no problem. I'm a big fan of Plekanec, and can't wait to see what he does in the NHL.

Old
09-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Ca m’est égal, mais j’aimerais jouer où il n’y a pas beaucoup de taxes alors la Floride serait pour moi un bon choix.

Old
09-12-2004, 03:50 PM
Chehabi

Send a message via AIM to Chehabi
ouch.

Guess he's not a Hab for life.

Old
09-12-2004, 03:53 PM
Zednik

Yeah, let's choose a city based on taxes, great attitude

We should have traded him to NY instead of Balej...

Old
09-12-2004, 03:55 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chehabi
ouch.

Guess he's not a Hab for life.
i dont like the part where is says he doesnt like to pay taxes.. even if he was kidding, there is always truth behind a joke. but in all he is a good kid with desires and big expectations of himself. i wonder what will happen with him.. more and more i think he might be traded.. not because he isnt good because it will be hard to give him a second line place in our team. ribeiro as incredible talent and dispite his attitude be carefull this year he could blossom even more.. Ribeiro aint a simple offensive player he is one of the more creative player the game as known.. IMO. some players are copying his moves, see forsberg trying the net rebound in the game against czech.. for whoever noticed it too... anyway. lets hope we have a season and pleks play with the habs.

Old
09-12-2004, 03:56 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednik

everyone is flashing on this answer. hehe and with purpose...

Old
09-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Hey, I complain about taxes too. I suppose if I could move somewhere, get the same salary, and pay half the taxes... hmmm... where do I sign up?

Old
09-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Habs4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Hey, I complain about taxes too. I suppose if I could move somewhere, get the same salary, and pay half the taxes... hmmm... where do I sign up?
Go ahead.. and everytime you have an injury have fun paying thousands of dollars... What would you rather have money or good health?

Old
09-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
So he doesnt like to pay taxes......

SO WHAT, lol

You guys are getting worked up for nothing. Hes just like any other normal person. We all hate taxes.........

As for his game, hes gona be a player one day, and one day soon!!

Old
09-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:

And who's to say Balej wouldn't have had the exact same answer had he been asked, as well as 90% of the rookies who will speak their minds?

What else would he choose it for? He's a European, it's not like he can play for his country or home town. He could of course have mumbled the usual cliches (oh it's a great city with a great tradition and bla bla bla...) but Plekanec like a lot of other young Euros (and North Americans) would like to play where he's happy and where he can have fun playing hockey. Having more money in your wallet is a part of being happy (er). The rest is secondary, for him and pretty much every pro in this league.

Too many fans play the prude virgin game for innocent comments like these. That's in part why we only hear cliches in interviews and why there's a part of training in Montreal's rookie camp that is dedicated to "learning to deal with the medias and fans", because there will always be someone to overreact to your comments if you get one hair out of line.

Plekanec's a great and smart kid from what I've gathered reading his comments on his Web Site. He likes to play hockey, is dedicated to his team and teammates and isn't the one who will cause trouble in the dressing room. What else do you want?

Last edited by Munchausen: 09-12-2004 at 06:15 PM.
Old
09-12-2004, 06:33 PM
NewHabsEra*

This is a honest kid... Any players saying it does'nt bother them to be highly taxed would lie.

Old
09-12-2004, 06:39 PM
Habsaku

Quote:

Wouhou for snow, taxes and foreign languages!

Down with great weather, beaches and money!!!!!11111

Seriously, I'd rather trade you for another fan.

Old
09-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
And who's to say Balej wouldn't have had the exact same answer had he been asked, as well as 90% of the rookies who will speak their minds?

What else would he choose it for? He's a European, it's not like he can play for his country or home town. He could of course have mumbled the usual cliches (oh it's a great city with a great tradition and bla bla bla...) but Plekanec like a lot of other young Euros (and North Americans) would like to play where he's happy and where he can have fun playing hockey. Having more money in your wallet is a part of being happy (er). The rest is secondary, for him and pretty much every pro in this league.

Too many fans play the prude virgin game for innocent comments like these. That's in part why we only hear cliches in interviews and why there's a part of training in Montreal's rookie camp that is dedicated to "learning to deal with the medias and fans", because there will always be someone to overreact to your comments if you get one hair out of line.

Plekanec's a great and smart kid from what I've gathered reading his comments on his Web Site. He likes to play hockey, is dedicated to his team and teammates and isn't the one who will cause trouble in the dressing room. What else do you want?

Old
09-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20
i dont like the part where is says he doesnt like to pay taxes.. even if he was kidding, there is always truth behind a joke. but in all he is a good kid with desires and big expectations of himself. i wonder what will happen with him.. more and more i think he might be traded.. not because he isnt good because it will be hard to give him a second line place in our team. ribeiro as incredible talent and dispite his attitude be carefull this year he could blossom even more.. Ribeiro aint a simple offensive player he is one of the more creative player the game as known.. IMO. some players are copying his moves, see forsberg trying the net rebound in the game against czech.. for whoever noticed it too... anyway. lets hope we have a season and pleks play with the habs.

This is an interwesting question... I see your point with pleks not having a spot on the team as ribeiro seems to own it. But does gainey want either pleks or ribs in the long run? He might want another big center to go along with bonk and koivu as he searches for more peices to the puzzle. I dunno, its gonna be interesting to see what happens within the next 2-3 years with this team when these stud prospects are gonna be knocking on the door

Old
09-13-2004, 02:13 AM
EaGLE1

Quote:

I think it was a joke. He used a

Closed Thread