HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

MSG HD outside of Cablevision

Old
11-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Joecaddie

vCash: 500
MSG HD outside of Cablevision

Whatever happened to this? I thought there was supposed to be an agreement and broadcasting within 30 days, but I haven't seen it on my FIOS. All of the threads I've read are very old now, so just looking for recent news.

Joecaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:05 AM
Nyrvana

There hasn't been much credible information on this since the FCC said thirty days. But last 'rumor' I heard was November 30th for Fios. Take it with a grain of salt, but we should all have it soon!

Nyrvana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 07:00 PM
ethics
Rookie User

Looks like they lost the appeal -- FCC.

The FCC did give them a couple extra weeks since an appeal was made but here are the official documents that were released yesterday and today.
The US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit denied the request for emergency stay filed by Cablevision and MSG- http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Rele...C-310923A1.pdf
Then, the FCC has denied the application for review, and dismissed as moot a petition for stay- http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Rele...C-11-167A1.pdf
This MO&O gives MSG 15 days to comply and provide Verizon with the HD channels, unless a carriage agreement with Verizon provides for a later date. That equals the day after Thanksgiving. The good news is that this is the end of the line for Cablevision and MSG. The court of appeals has denied a stay, and the Commission has denied the appeal. I guess they could try and appeal the ruling, but they would have to provide the HD channels in the meantime. After they are selling their channels to both Verizon and AT&T, it would be pretty hard to convince a court that the extra carriage fees are causing harm to MSG.

ethics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 07:41 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

All the info you need is in this thread:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=989041&page=10

azrok posted an update today on Page 10.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote