HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nik Hagman on Re-Entry Waivers (claimed by Ducks)

Old
11-11-2011, 12:12 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
Both the Flames and Heat's official twitters. Pat Steinberg (Fan960), Boomer (Fan960), James Murlte (Globe and Mail), Sean Kelso (Flames Media Relations), Vickie Hall (Calgary Herald), Scott Cruickshank (Calgary Herald), Randy Sportak (Calgary Sun) and Ryan Pinder (Abbotsford Heat PBP guy) all have it on their twitters too.

do you need more?
... One was sufficient.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
... One was sufficient.
why give just one when 10 others will back it up?

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 03:05 PM
caley

Hagman placed on re-entry waivers today by Calgary.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Hagman placed on re-entry waivers today by Calgary.
Should we know by Sunday at noon or Monday?

Really, Really, Really want the Sens to place a claim

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Cephalusc

I don't see how this makes the Phaneuf trade look any worse. Hagman hit rock bottom several months ago. It's not exactly surprising news that the Flames are trying to get rid of him again.

Hagman getting claimed won't help the Flames much. Ownership will be happy though.

Cephalusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 03:21 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Mile View Post
Should we know by Sunday at noon or Monday?

Really, Really, Really want the Sens to place a claim
Monday

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Hagman had heart, but no finish. Hope someone claims him, and all the best of luck to the guy.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 03:35 PM
number72

Top on the team with +- , 1 goal and 4 points in 8 games just good enough to make the AHL. He has to be claimed on re-entry at 1.5M. I could even see Snow of NYI picking him off waiver and trading him at the deadline for a draft pick.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Curious, can you contact the player/agent if they are on waivers to see how the player would feel about being claimed by your team??

Or is it straight crapshoot?

Like Hagman will be on till noon Monday, could a team try to talk to Hagman from now till than and see if he would like to go with that team?... I know they have no choice, but to aviod another Nabokov type siutation... if NYI contacted and spoke with him and knew he wasn't going to play, they still make the claim?

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 05:02 PM
DropIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Lundegaard View Post
If you only include the players from the trade that remain on the respective teams, the deal looks like

Phaneuf
Aulie

Stajan

yikes

To be fair, the Flames do have cap space to go along with it. Not alot better, bu a bit

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 06:34 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
To be fair, the Flames do have cap space to go along with it. Not alot better, bu a bit
Cap space is only useful if you can use it to better your team. Giving Stajan a $3.5M deal was an example of how to not make use of the newly acquired cap space.

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Sharksfan83

Need to add in the pieces they acquired with the assets that Toronto traded them, so The Anton as well

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
they also got rid of a dressing room cancer and a primadonna in Phaneuf. The return sucks but you will be hard pressed to find a Flames fan not happy that Dion is gone. So its time for people to get over it, the deal was made almost 2 years ago, its time to move on.

But on the flip side I suppose that trade is the only thing the Leafs have won in the better part of a decade, so I guess it keeps being brought up for that reason

Old
11-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephalusc View Post
I don't see how this makes the Phaneuf trade look any worse. Hagman hit rock bottom several months ago. It's not exactly surprising news that the Flames are trying to get rid of him again.

Hagman getting claimed won't help the Flames much. Ownership will be happy though.
If Snow claimed him off waivers and traded hime before the end of the season, he'd have to put him back on waivers and he'd need to clear before the trade would be finalized. Which essentially means he can't be traded for anything of positive value, as the team trading for him would just claim him off waivers instead.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Cephalusc

Hagman couldn't be traded for anything anyway, or else he already would have been.

Cephalusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 09:20 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Curious, can you contact the player/agent if they are on waivers to see how the player would feel about being claimed by your team??

Like Hagman will be on till noon Monday, could a team try to talk to Hagman from now till than and see if he would like to go with that team?... I know they have no choice, but to aviod another Nabokov type siutation... if NYI contacted and spoke with him and knew he wasn't going to play, they still make the claim?
A team cannot contact a player without first getting consent from the player's current team - otherwise they would be guilty of tampering and could be penalized by the League.

However in this case, assuming the Flames are looking to dump him and his salary, they would likely grant permission if asked.

kdb209 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Pheasant the peasant
Lupul Fan

Not many better players in the NHL available for 1.5 million. I don't see how he goes unclaimed...

I suppose you could still sign Samsonov instead. He is still a free agent, right?

Pheasant the peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephalusc View Post
Hagman couldn't be traded for anything anyway, or else he already would have been.
actually that may not be true. there may have been deals on the table that would have had a contract coming back to the Flames and its likely that Feaster wants to just get rid of the contract without taking on another.

Old
11-13-2011, 01:01 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post

I don't think there are any rules against it, and it would make sense for teams to talk to them. At the same time, the expectation is normally that, if someone gets claimed, they'll report. The Nabokov situation was not a common occurrence.

SmellOfVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:31 AM
kdb209
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
I don't think there are any rules against it, and it would make sense for teams to talk to them. At the same time, the expectation is normally that, if someone gets claimed, they'll report. The Nabokov situation was not a common occurrence.
Contacting a player under contact (except for a pending RFA/UFA after June 15) without the prior permission of his current team is considered tampering - which may result in fines and/or the forfeiture of draft picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL By-Law 15
SECTION 15

TAMPERING OR NEGOTIATING WITH PLAYERS AND CERTAIN NON-PLAYING EMPLOYEES OF OTHER CLUBS

15.1 (a) Except as provided in Section 9A.5, no Member Club or officer,
shareholder, partner, employee, agent, or representative thereof,
shall - directly or indirectly - tamper, negotiate with, make an offer to,
or discuss employment with any player, or his agent or representative, with
respect to whom another Member Club has either the professional rights or
the right to negotiate for said professional right without prior written
consent of that Member Club.

kdb209 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:55 AM
jonlin

I hope the Ducks or Minnesota claims him. He could be good with Selanne and Koivu on the 2 unit. He is solid defensively and Selanne can focus on offense.
Minnesota could also be a good fit now when they have Latendresse out. Hagman has also shown some chemistry with M.Koivu in the national team.

jonlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:05 AM
bacardimayne

Oilers should take him. He'd be perfect for the 3rd line left wing role we're missing.

Smyth - Horcoff - Hemsky
Hall - RNH - Eberle
Hagman - Belanger - Gagner
Jones - Lander - Petrell

Send Paajarvi down.

bacardimayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:08 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

At that price the Habs should pick him up and stop calling up and sending down Palushaj every week.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:20 AM
Gliff
Wild Bill

I hope the Ducks claim him but I just dont want to end up with too many forwards once Blake and Parros comes back.

RPG
Blake
Koivu
Teemu
Hagman
Smith-Pelley (he can go back to the juniors but he has been very good the last couple games)
Coglaino
Gordon
Mcmillan
Beleskey
Maceneur
Parros
Holland (he can go back to the A but he also has been playing very solid. +1 in 3 games that we have had 13 goals scored against us so he obviously doesnt look out of place)

That is 15 Forwards. Not to mention i would like for Palmieri to get some experience in the NHL in anticipation for next year.

I know the simple answer is send all of the people down that we can but the experience they are receiving for next year is vital.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:39 AM
Horseradish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOil92 View Post
Oilers should take him. He'd be perfect for the 3rd line left wing role we're missing.

Smyth - Horcoff - Hemsky
Hall - RNH - Eberle
Hagman - Belanger - Gagner
Jones - Lander - Petrell

Send Paajarvi down.
He'd be perfect for nothing to do with the Oilers. There is literally nothing he does which betters the team at any position.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote