HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Falardeau leaving msu??

Closed Thread

Old
09-09-2004, 10:35 PM
NYR469

vCash: 500
Falardeau leaving msu??

it was noticed today that Falardeau has been removed from MSU's roster and his #22 has been given to bryan lerg.

there was some speculation that he might turn pro but so far i've heard nothing about it...i've tried (so far unsuccessfully) to contact michigan state for confirmation.

MSU Roster

Old
09-09-2004, 10:47 PM
Levitate

what are his options if he has been basically kicked off the team? from all reports it's not necessarily cuz of his play...but where does he go?

i guess he could go the CHL but he'll have to crack a lineup and an overage checking player probably isn't a hot commodity...the rangers could sign him and put him in hartford or charlotte...does he have to have a pro contract to play in charlotte?

any other options i'm missing? (besides playing on the rangers which probably WON'T happen)

Old
09-09-2004, 10:56 PM
NYR469

he's too old for juniors...

his option is to find a way to work out a deal with the rangers to play in either hartford or charlotte...

and its possible that he has already signed but it just hasn't been announced yet.

Old
09-10-2004, 03:09 AM
Edge

Actually it is because of his play ladies and gentleman. He basically has no role on next year's team.

Maybe just maybe it's time to cut the wishful thinking and just admit that this one was a dud, period end of sentence.

Old
09-10-2004, 09:33 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Actually it is because of his play ladies and gentleman. He basically has no role on next year's team.

Maybe just maybe it's time to cut the wishful thinking and just admit that this one was a dud, period end of sentence.
i have basically zero hope of him making it, but cutting him at this point makes little to no sense...get him signed and in hartford and see how he reacts to the more physical game. if he still does nothing then forget it, but at this point i think it makes more sense to give him a shot and cross your fingers...

Old
09-10-2004, 09:36 AM
Levitate

hell they gave juris stals a shot...

Old
09-10-2004, 11:31 AM
NYR469

fish found that uscho.com says that he has been signed by the rangers

http://www.uscho.com/news/agate.php?item=earlydepart04

Old
09-10-2004, 03:38 PM
barnaby63

Quote:

So give up on a pretty solid sized 21 or 22 year old hard working kid because he didnt light up college?

Thats a little stupid.

Old
09-10-2004, 03:48 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
So give up on a pretty solid sized 21 or 22 year old hard working kid because he didnt light up college?

Thats a little stupid.
Actually he has shown no inclination that he can even be AHL fodder. He has shown NOTHING to indicate that he has any potential whatsoever. What was stupid was picking him in the 2nd round.

Old
09-10-2004, 04:39 PM
TKLOOCH22

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Actually he has shown no inclination that he can even be AHL fodder. He has shown NOTHING to indicate that he has any potential whatsoever. What was stupid was picking him in the 2nd round.
Lol, whats stupid is if Falardeau doesnt even get a chance to prove he is a major bust. As of now, Falardeau is a hockey player that played college but has not yet played pro hockey. Nobody knows what he's capable of right now. Hell, right now the Rangers themselves could hate that they picked him. But there is no reason they should not let him play in the AHL.

Old
09-10-2004, 04:52 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKLOOCH22
Lol, whats stupid is if Falardeau doesnt even get a chance to prove he is a major bust.
But there is no reason they should not let him play in the AHL.
Who is saying that he should not be allowed to play in the AHL? But, I am just curious, when do you begin viewing a player as a bust? Are only players that play in the NHL allowed to be called busts? Falardeau has not shown one iota of being able to even be a semi-regular in the AHL. Besides his size, there is not one redeeming feature about him. And he does not even use his size.

"As of now, Falardeau is a hockey player that played college but has not yet played pro hockey."

It's a little more to it than that. He is a hockey player that has not shown anything that would indicate that he is even capable of playing pro hockey. He is a college player who is leaving his team becuase his own team is replacing him. What does that tell you?

Old
09-10-2004, 05:42 PM
ish

I too have had no hope for this guy since we drafted him. Throw him in Hartford I guess but anything we get out this kid is a bonus as far as I'm concerned. Numbers are definately not everything, but my god were those AWFUL numbers for someone drafted where he was.

Old
09-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Edge

Man the spring of eternal optimism runs deep for this kid for whatever reason.

Why not throw him in Hartford, because frankly I don't know if he can even make Hartford at this point. This kid more than likely is heading to the Checkers.

The kid is okay on faceoffs, let's not get carried away by calling him strong. He's just better at that than anything else. He hasn't gained a freakin pound since being drafted, his offense is non-existent and his defense is good but not great.

Not every kid we draft should be signed just because we drafted them.

Ya know why we signed him? Because MSU had already told him they had ZERO role for him next season. That says something people. Heck it was even posted on here by someone.

Farladeau is a bust kiddies. I don't have to see him play higher competition to say that, he couldn't hack it at a college level and he sure as heck aint gonna do it at a pro level.

The only reason why are even having this conversation is that we took him 33rd overall two years, if he was a fifth round pick there is no conversation. We dont want to admit that we essentially got NOTHING out of the first 60 picks two years ago.

Old
09-10-2004, 06:05 PM
icthelight

Quote:
Man the spring of eternal optimism runs deep for this kid for whatever reason.

Why not throw him in Hartford, because frankly I don't know if he can even make Hartford at this point. This kid more than likely is heading to the Checkers.

The kid is okay on faceoffs, let's not get carried away by calling him strong. He's just better at that than anything else. He hasn't gained a freakin pound since being drafted, his offense is non-existent and his defense is good but not great.

Not every kid we draft should be signed just because we drafted them.

Ya know why we signed him? Because MSU had already told him they had ZERO role for him next season. That says something people. Heck it was even posted on here by someone.

Farladeau is a bust kiddies. I don't have to see him play higher competition to say that, he couldn't hack it at a college level and he sure as heck aint gonna do it at a pro level.

The only reason why are even having this conversation is that we took him 33rd overall two years, if he was a fifth round pick there is no conversation. We dont want to admit that we essentially got NOTHING out of the first 60 picks two years ago.
I agree that he is a bust, but the fact that he was a second rounder(our 1st pick), he has to get an opportunity to fail in charlotte of hartford. They will go to any lenghth(the Rangers), to show that he is not a bust. As far as signing all of your draft picks, if im correct they havent signed Martz yet? If so I hope they continue to do their due diligence on signing draft picks to pro contracts.

Old
09-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Edge

Well that's exactly it. The Rangers shouldn't give Falardeau a contract but they almost have to. They are in the middle of rebuilding and having nothing to show for the 2002 draft is gonna look really bad. Again it's politics and it's part of life.

Based on his performance Lee should be lucky he's walking away with anything. In theory his play has been so bad he likely would have not made the team, walked away with a degree and been done with hockey. But because the Rangers took him way earlier than they should have {someone did the sales job of a lifetime} he's gonna extend his hockey career by three some-odd years.

Old
09-10-2004, 06:31 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Well that's exactly it. The Rangers shouldn't give Falardeau a contract but they almost have to. They are in the middle of rebuilding and having nothing to show for the 2002 draft is gonna look really bad. Again it's politics and it's part of life.
from the 2002 draft prucha, taylor, jonasen, walsh, and guenin are all more likely to make it then lee imo

obviously trading away your 1st rounder and picking a bust with your 1st pick in the 2nd round is never a good thing...but if 2-3 from that group work out it'll be a decent draft

Old
09-10-2004, 06:50 PM
Unknownbutfamous

Send a message via AIM to Unknownbutfamous
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2002e.html

We could of had Hudler, LeNeuve, Stajan, Brent, Harding, Daignealt, Fleischman, or Stoll

damn you, Slats!

Old
09-10-2004, 08:08 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
fish found that uscho.com says that he has been signed by the rangers

http://www.uscho.com/news/agate.php?item=earlydepart04
Funny... feels like I said that a week ago. Oh, I did.

Old
09-11-2004, 01:27 PM
TKLOOCH22

Quote:
Well that's exactly it. The Rangers shouldn't give Falardeau a contract but they almost have to.
Cant they do something like a tryout contract where they dont have to sign him after 25 days?

Old
09-11-2004, 01:28 PM
TKLOOCH22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownbutfamous
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2002e.html

We could of had Hudler, LeNeuve, Stajan, Brent, Harding, Daignealt, Fleischman, or Stoll

damn you, Slats!
Why search for such useless stuff? You can play this game with every 229 draft picks of each year.

Old
09-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Edge

Quote:
Cant they do something like a tryout contract where they dont have to sign him after 25 days?
Possibly, but I dont know how the rule works with a draft pick {as opposed to an undrafted free agent}.

But who knows with this team, I sure as hell don't.

Old
09-11-2004, 01:49 PM
Edge

Quote:
Why search for such useless stuff? You can play this game with every 229 draft picks of each year.
I think he meant it more as just about everyone but the Rangers had all these guys rated higher than Lee even back then.

I for one know that Brandon and I just about had anyeurisms when they made that pick.

It didn't make sense then and it doesn't now. Someone did a heck of a sales job. I can say fairly confidently that no other team was taking him in the second round.

Old
09-11-2004, 04:13 PM
TKLOOCH22

Quote:
I think he meant it more as just about everyone but the Rangers had all these guys rated higher than Lee even back then.

I for one know that Brandon and I just about had anyeurisms when they made that pick.

It didn't make sense then and it doesn't now. Someone did a heck of a sales job. I can say fairly confidently that no other team was taking him in the second round.
Yea, so did I. But what sucks is we might not have anything to show for this pick. Damn.

Old
09-11-2004, 05:47 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
I don't see what good that would do. At best Falardeau is a long term project. It will take years, not days before he becomes a useful player. The choice is signing him now and hoping that something good happens somewhere down the road or giving up and writing him off--saving the organization the time and money needed to develop him.

Old
09-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Levitate

eh, why complain about giving him a contract? big deal. it's probably for peanuts, and it's not like the rangers desperatly need that to sign someone else

i don't see why it's an issue in the slightest. at worst, he becomes nothing and the rangers are out a few K, same thing with any prospect. at best, they get a player.

like i said, they gave freakin juris stals a shot and most didn't think he was worth a damn or worth a contract. odds are still stacked against him becoming a NHL player but it didn't stop the rangers from signing him...

Closed Thread