HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Petr Prucha

Closed Thread

Old
09-09-2004, 12:41 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Petr Prucha

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/team/s...?Player=Prucha

Sather MUST do what he can to get this kid signed. I hope this wont become another Zidlicky issue again

Old
09-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Levitate

i swear i heard part of the deal with zidilicky was that he flat out didn't want to come to NA unless he was guaranteed NHL icetime, which understandably most NHL teams don't want to guarantee. dunno, i'd have to talk to some people about it again

with prucha though, as long as the rangers give him a somewhat decent two way contract (really shouldn't be a problem when they give their other prospects decent two way contracts) he'll come over...he's said he doesn't mind playing in the AHL or anything

Old
09-09-2004, 02:56 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
As per the CBA, all rookie contracts must be 2-way contracts. I don't see that changing with the new CBA, as all the talk has been making the rookie contract stipulations more restrictive. Guys like Marek and Zidlicky were not bound by that because they were/are over 25 at the time of the contract talks. Prucha is about to turn 22. I don't think that's the big issue with Prucha right now. I think the issue is more "Why should I come over if there won't be an NHL season?". That's a very valid point, and Lundqvist saw it the same way.

Old
09-09-2004, 03:10 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
As per the CBA, all rookie contracts must be 2-way contracts. I don't see that changing with the new CBA, as all the talk has been making the rookie contract stipulations more restrictive. Guys like Marek and Zidlicky were not bound by that because they were/are over 25 at the time of the contract talks. Prucha is about to turn 22. I don't think that's the big issue with Prucha right now. I think the issue is more "Why should I come over if there won't be an NHL season?". That's a very valid point, and Lundqvist saw it the same way.
Exactly.

Old
09-10-2004, 02:12 AM
Rodent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
I don't think that's the big issue with Prucha right now. I think the issue is more "Why should I come over if there won't be an NHL season?". That's a very valid point, and Lundqvist saw it the same way.
Actually, this is not what Prucha said.

Prucha and Slats have failed to agree on what Petr would make while playing in Hartford.

It is Marek who is more insistent upon NHL ice time rather than Hartford ice time because Marek is quite the star for Sparta, the biggest team in the biggest city.

Closed Thread