HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Kris Russell to St. Louis for prospect Nikita Nikitin

Old
11-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Mobil1fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
"Riley goes on to say that he expects Lebda will play for the Falcons this weekend, and then he's expected to be joining the Jackets after the weekend."
What? If we're going down the Leafs reject road, lets just go get Komisarek and be done with it...

Mobil1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Xoggz22

Regarding the actual trade at hand, I'm not sure how many of you watched any of the Blues games last year but Nikki 6 was actually a very good dman last year. Personally, I think the size alone should help us on that 3rd pair.

I'm going to hold out hope for something positive this year..... Hello Nail

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 02:01 PM
davidbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post

Obviously I'm wrong, because I'm in the minority, but I felt K-Russ had settled in pretty well as a third-pair defender. He needs to get stronger, but his work along the boards and carrying the puck have improved. He needs to be paired with someone with size to help with sticks in passing lanes and the like. Taken as a whole, his season hasn't really been any different from any of the team's other blueliners.
I think the same as you. He still wasn't shutting much down, but I thought he'd been showing a lot of effort and heart. He's still something to see when he lets himself skate. I was pretty tickled when he shut down an opposing team's forward who looked to have an easy path to an open net several games back.

Well, good for Russ.

davidbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Call me crazy, but I actually thought Russell took a few steps forward this season. Not that whipping boys ever improve.

I really hope Russell breaks out just to hear the backtracking and revisionism that will result.

11-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Call me crazy, but I actually thought Russell took a few steps forward this season. Not that whipping boys ever improve.

I really hope Russell breaks out just to hear the backtracking and revisionism that will result.
You really want to see the posters on this board explode, don't you?

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Renion

Another in the long line of my favorites to have been traded, let go, or whatever. Hope he can succeed in St. Louis.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 03:35 PM
BluejacketNut

Is Nikita a goalie???

Crap

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 03:38 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Good trade. I've been complaining about Russ' size ever since Footer left we've been too light in the loafers back there.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Quote:

You are delusional, I guess you missed all of the turnovers and the getting turned inside out by forwards this season. Dude sucks and clearly didn't take any steps forward unless you count the steps forward to the KHL.

Doug19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
You are delusional, I guess you missed all of the turnovers and the getting turned inside out by forwards this season. Dude sucks and clearly didn't take any steps forward unless you count the steps forward to the KHL.
I think he's been a tad better but one needs a micrometer to measure it.. Russell is a smurf on defense, I'm glad he's gone.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 06:12 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Top Shelf or whatever his old new name also approves.

But can he kick-start our hearts?
As long as he doesn't attempt to inject alcohol directly into his veins (which is part of what led to the events that influenced that song).

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 08:25 PM
bester vaive
Fear the Titan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
Another in the long line of my favorites to have been traded, let go, or whatever. Hope he can succeed in St. Louis.
Could you please let me know who else you like. So I don't buy their jerseys or become attached to them as players? ...Seriously, I liked Kris, too. A good kid who just never put it all together here. Hopefully he can skate some "mad riffs" with the Blues. Good luck, Kris!

bester vaive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bester vaive View Post
Could you please let me know who else you like. So I don't buy their jerseys or become attached to them as players? ...Seriously, I liked Kris, too. A good kid who just never put it all together here. Hopefully he can skate some "mad riffs" with the Blues. Good luck, Kris!
I'm afraid Brassard and, to a lesser extent, Mayorov, are two of the names on my current list

I pretty much go into every season thinking most of my favorites will be traded at some point.

I remember liking an interview Moore did once upon a time. He could grow on me. Buyer beware.

Old
11-11-2011, 09:05 PM
bester vaive
Fear the Titan!

Duly noted. 16, 8, and 4 are on alert.

bester vaive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 08:55 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

The first step.... Nikita NIKITIN (the surname from the name Nikita)

The second step... return Nikita Filatov

The third step.... trade Nikita Kucherov from Tampa

The fourt step.... C for Nikita Nikitin (the most Nikita in his names) and A for Nikita Filatov and Nikita Kucherov

EDIT: and we can hope still one will have the son with the name Dobryna (Russians have father name as the second so he could be Dobryna Nikitich the same as one of the best Russian national heroes)... and that he will play for Columbus when he will grow up

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Godfather

Russell with a goal in his first game as a Blue. 1-0 Blues end of 1st vs Tampa Hope the russian can help you guys the same!

Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Russell with a goal in his first game as a Blue. 1-0 Blues end of 1st vs Tampa Hope the russian can help you guys the same!
Watched it a bit ago. Loved it!

I keep hoping for a Janne Niinimaa-like photo from Russell. His team celebrating in a huddle on the ice, and in the middle are two arms reaching to the sky--but you can't see who it is 'cause he's so short.

Old
11-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Coming in peace. Just wanted to say I am floored by this trade. Nikita Nikitin is a solid defensive defenseman but man I thought you guys could've gotten more. I have a sinking suspicion that Russel is going to do some serious damage in St. Louis, especially if he is given PP time.

Really hope you guys turn it around. Got way too many friends depressed as the song "creep" right now in Ohio because of this.
I have that same feeling. A change of scenery sometimes will spark something in a player, and I have a nagging suspicion that will be the case with Russell.

If Nikitin is solid in his own end as you suggest, this story might have a happy ending for both teams.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 02:28 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

We have enough offensive players but only Methot cleans the place in the front of our net. We needed another player and we get him I hope. Yes we had to trade Russell but it is a trade. Every saw how Nikitin cleaned the place and that Jets forwards could not score than. If Nikita will continue he will be a great player for us and especially he can repair Tyutins mistakes so Fyodor can have better confidence IMO. Points are not important always. Especially about d-men look at Anton Volchenkov.

Old
11-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Matt Foley
Living in a van

It's really early, but this guy looks promising. The defense looks better with him out there and Aaron Johnson looking on from the pressbox. Sure, it helps having Sanford playing decent in goal, but I think this guy has helped as well. Here's hoping he continues to make positive contributions to the team.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:34 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
It's really early, but this guy looks promising. The defense looks better with him out there and Aaron Johnson looking on from the pressbox. Sure, it helps having Sanford playing decent in goal, but I think this guy has helped as well. Here's hoping he continues to make positive contributions to the team.
Do not forget our defense was better with Nikitin already before Sanford playing in the net.

IMO it can be win-win trade.

Old
11-21-2011, 01:06 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
He's playing too many minutes in a role that he hasn't played in the past. We've been down this road in the past. Let's see what he looks like in a month.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Wisnutsen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
He's playing too many minutes in a role that he hasn't played in the past. We've been down this road in the past. Let's see what he looks like in a month.
OKT 2.0?

Wisnutsen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 01:14 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberWoRlfe View Post
OKT 2.0?
I wasn't thinking about OKT at all.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote