HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Game #16 : Kings vs. Vancouver, 11/10/11 - Loss POST GAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
11-11-2011, 11:48 AM
bobafettish*

vCash: 500
gagnge-kopitar-brown
penner-stoll-williams
moreau-richards-richardson

stoll gets reunited with williams and stops being useless and richards helps the bottom 6 which has been just as useless.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Bottom six is struggling but our top six forwards have not done much either aside from Kopi and Richards.

I think this team needs a serious shake up in some way, shape, or form.

Call up Lokti and Voynov!

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsfan32 View Post
Who cares who is better? They're both on the freakin Kings.
Yeah. What's my problem? How dare I express an opinion about kings players on a kings discussion board? I must be daft

Last edited by Hatter: 11-11-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Kings have essentially no major injuries this season, still can't score and are right around 0.500. That's what this team will be under Murray. Luck isn't going to turn this team into a top 10 offense for the next 66 games.

13 of 16 games, the Kings have scored less than 3 regulation goals. That is abysmal and is not a result of bad luck.
And this in year 6 of the 5-yr rebuild.

I am recently on board that TeMu should probably be let go. There is "talent" here now. SOMETHING is needed to produce, you know, WINS.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
gagnge-kopitar-brown
penner-stoll-williams
moreau-richards-richardson

stoll gets reunited with williams and stops being useless and richards helps the bottom 6 which has been just as useless.
So oh are so concerned about stolls effectiveness that you would relegate mike mother ****ing Richards to the 3rd line with Moreau and Richardson? How bout this instead

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Parse-Loktionov-Lewis
Clifford-Stoll-Richardson

Old
11-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Kingsfan32
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Yeah. What's my problem? How dare I express an opinion about kings players on a kings discussion board? I must be mad.
Okay and I am telling you what I think. Is that a problem?

Kingsfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
So oh are so concerned about stolls effectiveness that you would relegate mike mother ****ing Richards to the 3rd line with Moreau and Richardson? How bout this instead

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Parse-Loktionov-Lewis
Parse is out, but I'm okay with Moreau in that lineup. It won't matter with Murray at the helm though. He won't be happy with Loktionov's "board-to-dot" play.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:35 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

At this point I'm of the belief that simply shuffling the lines will not work. The ball is in Lombardi's court to get something done to shake things up. I would prefer a coaching change, but we all know that's not going to happen, so that leaves some call-ups or a trade. At the very least Lokti and Voynov NEED to be called up. These scoring issues have gone on for too long to simply stay with what we have. Either way, this has shifted from a Murray issue to a Lombardi one

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Since the 10-2 start to last season, the kings are like 4 games above .500? sigh

They have also won 3 games this year without the keeper standing on his head to steal the points? Dallas/St Louis/Nashville

I wonder what state we would be in if Quick wasn't superman in Philly, or in Phoenix, or against Dallas

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:05 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
For me it comes down to the Kings just aren't as good as I thought they were. Lombardi has put a good team together but he did lose some crucial pieces whether you like the players who left or not. I totally forgot about Murray's coaching style until the 1st game. It was like going out on a date with an ex girlfriend, everything is going great then she starts complaining and you quickly remember why you dumped her ass. Cup contender? I don't think so. The bottom 6 needs shut down players and this team needs better leadership from top to bottom. The Kings organization as a whole is led by people who have never won at the NHL level.
I'm getting to that point as well. The question now is best to improve the team, and I've reached the point where I think Murray should go. Granted, the Kings are not Cup contenders. Thus far in the season, they've shown me that they're just not that good. On the other hand, with that lineup, they should be able to win more than they lose, and they're not even managing that right now. To me, that is the responsibility of the coach.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Dropdapuck

Sydor25 said:
Quote:
Most evidence shows that teams don't improve much after their first 15 or 20 games. Unless there is a major change, coaching or players, teams are what they are. The Kings are essentially a 0.500 club under Murray, with one stellar 15 game period at the start of last year.

Kings have essentially no major injuries this season, still can't score and are right around 0.500. That's what this team will be under Murray. Luck isn't going to turn this team into a top 10 offense for the next 66 games.
I agree with this assessment although I would simply put it in probabilistic language and state the obvious that it's statistically possible to go on a late season hot streak and win the cup. But that possibility exists for many teams and reliance upon such luck is a sign of poor management philosophy. These scoring problems have been going on now for about 3.25 seasons and do not show improvement. It is obvious that Lombardi is committing to win the Cup in the next several years. After making serious moves to upgrade the offense this year and with the offense not improved, his lack of aggressiveness in fixing the problem is not a good omen for doing what we need to do in a (probably) limited window of time. It looks like it is time for Dean to go 'all-in'.

Dropdapuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
Like last year, Doughty looks unfocused and undisciplined. He's trying to do everything, and you can see it in the way that he's constantly directing traffic, "helping" the officials make calls by raising his arm when he thinks there should be a stoppage, trying to block everything that comes his way instead of just taking his man. None of those things are necessarily a major problem; sometimes you need to direct traffic or give up the body to block a puck. Doughty, however, seems to me to be trying to do everything, all at once.

He needs to relax and simplify his game. He needs to trust that his teammates will cover their man without him pointing it out, forget about the refs and just play until the whistle, and stop trying to be a combination goalie-defenseman.

Correct and to the point. Add the pressure of a big deal, zero preparation (no preseason - "Hextall Syndrome"), and watching Johnson deliberately progress past him in responsibility and efficiency. Combine all of the above with a young man just starting a career and this is what you get.

He needs to sit down with Mitchell and Scuds and get some advice. Simplify his game for a month or so. Easier to train a monster than build one and he's going to be a monster....

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Agree about Fraser, thought he played a solid game and brought some physical play to the bottom 6. The Kings bottom 6 minus Moreau and Fraser is incredibly soft and not great defensively. Fraser seems fearless and that's the attitude you need from those 6 guys.

that would be, "incredibly soft and fearless" ?

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 02:01 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I can't believe that you are even surprised. It's Canucks fans. They started five other threads about the game last night too.

I can't believe that I used to like that team back in the Linden, Bure, Momesso, Courtnell days. I feel dirty now.
Don't forget HAAARRROOOLLLD Snepsts...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 02:13 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
that would be, "incredibly soft and fearless" ?
Not if you factor in the word "minus". RIF.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 02:22 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Parse-Loktionov-Lewis
it's not like Brown and Richards are lighting the world on fire together. Richards showed last year he can still put up numbers with garbage linemates. And yes getting stoll going is important.....

Having Lotki on the team would be awesome, but if TM decided to send him down after he was one of the best forwards in the preseason, that should give you a little insight on TM's competence.

look at Philly they had giroux, briere and schenn down the middle and they still found a way to fit courtier in. this coaching staff is laughable, the thought that they would need to bring in lotki to fix the offense just shows how terrible our coaching staff is.

Old
11-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Having Lotki on the team would be awesome, but if TM decided to send him down after he was one of the best forwards in the preseason, that should give you a little insight on TM's competence.

look at Philly they had giroux, briere and schenn down the middle and they still found a way to fit courtier in. this coaching staff is laughable, the thought that they would need to bring in lotki to fix the offense just shows how terrible our coaching staff is.
DL makes roster decisions.

Couturier is playing mostly bottom six minutes and on the PK because he can. Loktionov can't, he's useless in that role.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 02:42 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
DL makes roster decisions.

Couturier is playing mostly bottom six minutes and on the PK because he can. Loktionov can't, he's useless in that role.
exactly correct. If you put Loktionov on the bottom six of this team, he will be totally ineffective or worse.

Last edited by tomd: 11-11-2011 at 03:13 PM.
tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 02:56 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
exactly correct. If you put Loktionov on the bottom six of this team, he will be totally ineffectively or worse.
I think Lokti could be effective between Stoll and Richardson.

I can also think of a couple players he could replace on the 2nd power play unit.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 03:23 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
it's not like Brown and Richards are lighting the world on fire together. Richards showed last year he can still put up numbers with garbage linemates. And yes getting stoll going is important.....

Schenn was sent down and it wasn't just cap related, he was unimpressive at camp. The Flyers have a ton of offense, just not a lot of forwards who can play defence. The situations are totally different.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 03:26 PM
sjmay*

I still find it amusing that you guys are confusing the lack of offense with the lack of goals, they are two distinctly different things.

You can have a very offensive game and score 2 goals, it's rare, but you can also score 5 goals and be very poor offensively.

It's a difference between getting the chances, which the Kings are getting, and FINISHING the chances, which they are not.

Lotkionov will not change that people.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 03:28 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Schenn was sent down and it wasn't just cap related, he was unimpressive at camp. The Flyers have a ton of offense, just not a lot of forwards who can play defence. The situations are totally different.
he has a broken leg.......

Old
11-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:

Schenn is hurt.

Richards Should never ever be on the third line.

Stoll needs to get himself going. If not he is just a glorified face off guy. He's been around long enough.

Our coaching staff IS laughable. We agree on that.

Old
11-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
he has a broken leg.......
That has nothing to Do with that he said. Schenn looked sub par in camp. He looked out of place in his games with the flyers and then he got hurt.

Old
11-11-2011, 03:43 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Quick gave up the same number of goals yesterday that Bernier did in his only win of the season. What was the difference? (Hint: the offense scored _ goals).
I'm not sure that's a fair comparison considering Nashville played Lindback.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote