HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #16 : Kings vs. Vancouver, 11/10/11 - Loss POST GAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
11-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Yes neglecting. And it's just not here, go back and look at how many wingers the man has drafted in the first round in his entire career as an NHL GM.

The Kings do not have a first line winger on the team right now (maybe Gagne a lower end one if 100% healthy). This is his sixth season here and he continues to ignore such a key element as scoring goals . The man who once said "Every army needs a few criminals" which was either said after he signed John Zeiler to a ridiculous one-way contract or drafted Colten Teubert over about 15 better d-man (can't remember which deal it was) should also be told that every hockey team needs a Thomas Vanek or a Corey Perry or a Marian Hossa or a Marian Gaborik or a Martin St. Louis or Patrick Kane or the countless other great offensive wingers in the league. No team is winning a championship with Williams, Gagne, Penner and Brown as a Top 4, it just ain't happening unless you have Crosby and Malkin or Gretzky and Messier.

Mike Richards is a center, so no idea where he fits in to this discussion. .
DL has made no secret that he values Wingers the least. It's about the asset and as the Blue Jackets are learning, D and G are the most important.

Penner was the best option available. It's not like DL didn't try to acquire a LW all of last year. We were in on Fleishman, Had Sturm, and then penner. I think it's safe to assume that multiple other teams were contacted about their LW.

I don't think DL headed in to the summer set out to just land Richards. He fell in to his lap. I think if Richards and Carter didn't get moved, our offseason would have been chasing B. Richards and Gagne.

Centers can also be converted to wing, like Deader was.

If Penner lasts the season, I woukd expect DL to go hard after Parise andf then look at the trade market.

Let's do an exercise though, how many teams at this point do you think would trade scoring wingers? Maybe the Jackets? And you know at least 15 teams would be bidding.

As far as your Colten Teubert/ Myers comment: Name a team in the league that has not has a better player go after one of their picks in the entire league.

As far as the stars you named. DL tried to sign Gaborik. NY beat us, like they beat most other teams. It's not like the Kings have ever been able to attract the elite free agents. it's noyt like DT, Mc Master, Beverly, Vachon, or anyone has ever landed the big fish.
I am sure if Havlat did sigb here, DL would get slammed for signing an. Injury prone player and then there would be a new thread for each injury and his singing would get added to your tyler Meyers and Mike Cammalerri list.

Last edited by Gentle Ben Kenobi: 11-12-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:36 AM
KingLB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Yes neglecting. And it's just not here, go back and look at how many wingers the man has drafted in the first round in his entire career as an NHL GM.

The Kings do not have a first line winger on the team right now (maybe Gagne a lower end one if 100% healthy). This is his sixth season here and he continues to ignore such a key element as scoring goals . The man who once said "Every army needs a few criminals" which was either said after he signed John Zeiler to a ridiculous one-way contract or drafted Colten Teubert over about 15 better d-man (can't remember which deal it was) should also be told that every hockey team needs a Thomas Vanek or a Corey Perry or a Marian Hossa or a Marian Gaborik or a Martin St. Louis or Patrick Kane or the countless other great offensive wingers in the league. No team is winning a championship with Williams, Gagne, Penner and Brown as a Top 4, it just ain't happening unless you have Crosby and Malkin or Gretzky and Messier.

Mike Richards is a center, so no idea where he fits in to this discussion.

And what about the other point, the Kings simply do not produce enough offense to win in today's NHL, do you disagree? Terry and Dean's style may have worked in the mid 90's, but you need to put the puck in the net to win in today's league.

BTW, just for reference here are the GF rankings of every team Dean Lombardi has ever managed.

1997- 26th
1998- 18th
1999- 21st
2000- 16th
2001- 17th
2002- 4th
2003- 15th
2007- 20th
2008- 14th
2009- 28th
2010- 7th
2011- 22nd
2012- 24th

Seems like neglect to me. Is this really the man you trust to turn the Kings into the Top 8 offense needed to be a realistic cup contender in today's NHL?

Not surprising when you build a team "from the goal line out" and expect to win 2-1 every night, but as Syd pointed with his stat about every cup winner since the lockout having a top 8 offense, the "Let's win 2-1 strategy" is a relic of the dead puck era of the mid 90's, much like Terry and Dean themselves.

The rest of the league is turning into Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers and Dean and Terry are still trying to win with the 46 defense.
Its funny, cause the Kings top 4 wingers outscored the Bruins top 4 wingers last year....And get this, none of Bostons top 4 wingers were drafted by the Bruins in the first round.

KingLB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Yes, wingers are the least important in DL's mind, and what exactly has that gotten him in his NHL career? Maybe if he paid more attention to buiding a complete hockey team rather than stockpiling super valuable centers like Jarret Stoll the Kings wouldn't have been 22nd in the NHL in goals last year or 24th this year and struggling to do anything 5 on 5. Once again, I am not debating how DL views wingers, we all know he would rather have a team full of Jarret Stoll's or Mike Ricci's, the question is, is that the correct way to build a team? And do you trust Dean, who twice in 14 years as an NHL GM has had a top 10 offense to get the Kings to that top 10 level needed to win a championship?

As for the Teubert joke, hate to say it but Tomd is right, some of you are such hypocrites is amazing, you want to heap praise for picks like Simmonds but then anyone criticizes a guy the Kings specifically targeted (and traded an 80 point player for) we are suddenly called Monday Morning QB's. You can't have your cake and eat it to.

NY beat the Kings for Gaborik? Not quite, more like someone didn't like the term, but again who wants to make a little gamble with one of the most dynamic players in the league, who needs goals anyways. 2-1 all day!

What makes you think Parise wants to play for the Kings? Why would he leave the team he has spent his entire career with to come here to play Terry and Dean hockey? Plus, do you honestly think Dean Lombardi will win a bidding war with a Meehan client who will be the biggest name on the market. And the trade market, maybe, but that worked out really well with Penner and Smyth. It's really to bad if we had just signed the guys we already had or closed the deal on Gaborik we wouldn't have this problem.

And the tone of your post seems almost defeated, if the Kings have another disappointing post-season what do you do? How long do you give someone to fix holes, many of which they created. It took four years to end the laughable Stoll experiment at 2nd line center, will it be 6 years before we have someone to play with Kopitar.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Its funny, cause the Kings top 4 wingers outscored the Bruins top 4 wingers last year....And get this, none of Bostons top 4 wingers were drafted by the Bruins in the first round.
The Bruins must be the inspiration for the Kings, when I made that list it was the only team that made sense. And I still stand by that Chicago, Pittsburgh, Detroit model is more successful than the Boston one

I am still curious your opinion about DL's history with his team's scoring goals. I don't see how anyone can defend his theory on wings judging by his teams history. And can we also please stop trying to say the Kings aren't built to win 2-1 type hockey games, I was critcized and told that wasn't true last year, I think it's becoming painfully more obvious with each passing game.

And on that topic, what is a better model, the Chicago one built on talent and skill and 4-3 or the Boston/LA one built on defense and 2-1 wins?

Old
11-12-2011, 12:54 AM
KingLB

Quote:

As for the Teubert joke, hate to say it but Tomd is right, some of you are such hypocrites is amazing, you want to heap praise for picks like Simmonds but then anyone criticizes a guy the Kings specifically targeted (and traded an 80 point player for) we are suddenly called Monday Morning QB's. You can't have your cake and eat it to.
Did you know Chicago drafted Skille before Kopi?? Did you know Detroit drafted Justin Abdelkader 2 picks before Paul Statsny? Did you know Carolina took Nathan Hagemo 4 picks before Kris Letang? Did you know Boston picked Matt Lashoff 2 picks infront of TJ Oshie?

(this is all from 05 btw)

Old
11-12-2011, 01:03 AM
KingLB

Quote:
The Bruins must be the inspiration for the Kings, when I made that list it was the only team that made sense. And I still stand by that Chicago, Pittsburgh, Detroit model is more successful than the Boston one

I am still curious your opinion about DL's history with his team's scoring goals. I don't see how anyone can defend his theory on wings judging by his teams history. And can we also please stop trying to say the Kings aren't built to win 2-1 type hockey games, I was critcized and told that wasn't true last year, I think it's becoming painfully more obvious with each passing game.

And on that topic, what is a better model, the Chicago one built on talent and skill and 4-3 or the Boston/LA one built on defense and 2-1 wins?
I'd argue the Wings and Pitts are now built very similar (especially Pitt). You can tell Shero didn't care about wingers till a year ago....now he has a decent one or two....but he knows you build through the center, then if need be you trade for wingers. Why? Because they are cheap (relatively) and readily available....maybe not the best of the best wingers (though he did get Hossa for a SC run) but 25-30 goal scores can be found. Wings are built the same way....the wingers that roll through there like a ride a Disneyland, what stays consistant? Dats/Zetterberg and their #1 D. "Hopefully" the Kings have that now, and will for the next 5-10 years. Chicago was the only one that was built a little different, but even then they still had the great #1 center and #1 D.

Fun fact, Kane was just moved from wing to center. Why do that, unless you value the center position more?

That said, you have to know your not the only one that is afraid this team will not score enough. Its the reason people have been blasting the third line, and the reason people have been blasting Penner...everyone of the top6 wingers has potential for 30 goals....they aren't all gonna reach it. But the play as of late makes it seem like nobody is....that is defiantly worrisome. That said, I am confident in the moves DL has made the last few years, that if the team needs it, he will do what he needs to do.

Old
11-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Fun fact, Kane was just moved from wing to center. Why do that, unless you value the center position more?
While I do agree with most of the stuff you wrote in this thread, I have to say that answer to that one could be the amazingly stacked SC winning team they had. If I am not mistaken, he was actually a center before that and he was mostly playing center in his career, no? Now, when Chicago is not so stacked, it makes sense that you move players around a bit, especially those that seem to have different natural positions, as center seems to be for Kane. My two cents.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 03:14 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

I am not going to quote that long nappy ass post Herby

First of all,
Quote me on where I called you a Monday morning quarterback.

DL has now built two organizations. How many have you built.

If DL is so horrible why has the Sharks infrastructure stayed pretty much the same? Why are players like Clowe that DL drafted still on the roster?

And, once again, DL was not fired in SJ because of performance. He was fired because a few players wouldn't waive NTCs when he was ordered to trade them.

That isn't defeatism is my post, it's a concoction I have been experimenting with that is part Nyquil, part absinthe, part Jagermesier , and part hummingbird.

Some day from a safe distance, you'll have to explain your obsession with Stoll. No one other than Katie Cassidy is going to mistake him for an allstar. He is a utilty player that was brought in more for his experience, leadership, intagibles, work ethic, and training regiment that for his talent. Ditto on Matt Greene. Ditto for when Scott Thornton was brought in.

If the Kings have another disappointing season, which I would define as not winning at least one playoff round, I would expect TM to be fired and scoring brought in.

Old
11-12-2011, 03:33 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

1. So because Dean Lombardi built two teams (and I use that term loosely) he is above critcism, what on Earth is the point of a messageboard? Wouldn't that be like saying we can't talk about Randy Jones because he has played in the NHL and none of us have.

2. I never said you called anyone a MMQB. I mentioned how TomD said it in another thread about many here and he is right.

3. The Sharks infastructure has stayed the same? I would vastly disagree with that comment, but we'll have to agree to disagree. And anyways I wouldn't look at them as a model of success, never even made a final.

4. You can make the excuses, but it always comes down to results, always has and always will. Lombardi's team was on it's way to missing the playoffs in ironically his 6th season in charge. It's not about building a culture, or making excuses, it's about wins and losses. That's what makes professional sports great, there isn't any middle ground. It's whether you win or not. We don't know why he was fired, maybe he was dealt a bad hand, who knows, but the only thing we can look at our W's and L's and there were to many L's.

5. Stoll was NOT brought in to play those roles. He was brought in, at the cost of one of our best players to be a second line center, which he failed miserably at. Only this season has he been asked to play a lesser role, and his line has been one of the biggest failures on the season. But then Dean Lombardi gets on the radio and sings his praises. Sorry, I just don't get it. It just sucks for a guy who supposedly values "strength down the middle" that he sold us this giant waste as a scoring line and PP player for 3 years. You look at this guy's last 50 games and you come back and say he provides all those things he does, he has been a liability since about the turn of the calendar year. But Dean loves him, he is this decades Mike Ricci, I'm pretty sure we'll hear soon about how he'd love a team of 20 Jarret Stoll's.

6. Matt Greene, whatever. I think he has actually played his role respectably. He is what he is, a #6 d-man. Might be one of the dumbest players to ever wear the crown as far as penalties goes, but he isn't horrible. He was actually the more positive asset we got back in the trade.

7. So you would give another pass based on a failed season? Again what is firing TM going to change? Like Damacles said in the other thread. Dean and Hextall got the exact guy they wanted with TM, they have a roster full of Lombardi type players and shockingly they are having trouble scoring yet again. How much longer until we look at the bigger problem with the scoring, and it's not the coach. If Dean Lombardi gets the players he wants, with the coach he wants playing the type of hockey he wants and the team fails, when does it fall on Dean Lombardi? Obviously not after 6 years, after 7 years, 8 years? Maybe the SFKingshomer "I'd give Lombardi 10+ years" feeling is more prevalent than I thought. I'm sorry but if you cannot win a playoff series in 6 seasons and your team is in the bottom 3rd in scoring, you deserve to be fired.

Last edited by Herby: 11-12-2011 at 04:09 AM.
Old
11-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Herby I am still waiting for you to tell me the team(s) that have not had a better player go in any draft pick after theirs.

Old
11-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Herby I am still waiting for you to tell me the team(s) that have not had a better player go in any draft pick after theirs.
I'm not even talking about the draft. There have been plenty of threads about it in the past, we will have to agree to disagree. We are never going to see eye to eye on how well he has drafted. Perhaps I don't give him enough credit and perhaps you give him to much credit. I have said in the past I disagree with the way he has drafted, especially in the first round. I am talking about the current team right now.

Now when are you going to address any of the points in my previous post.

1. Why are you willing to give him a third coach, especially after this one was hand picked to run the style he so obviously wanted to run. This is clearly the type of team and style Dean wants to play if it continues to fail to even crack the top 1/3 of scoring in the NHL why do we continue to blame the coach and not the one choosing the coach?

2. Can a guy who twice in 14 seasons has achieved that Top 8 level of offense be counted on to find enough offense for the Kings?

3. How many years before we see results, you say if they lose this year just get a new coach and more scoring like Dean has so easily been able to do in the past. And based on the lack of scoring of his past teams and this awful coaching hire should we really trust him again? How many years are you willing to give him?

4. Are the Kings a well rounded hockey team? Do you think enough attention has been paid to bringing in highly skilled players since Dean took over? Do you think being 22nd in scoring in his 5th year and currently 24th in his 6th year is acceptable?

Old
11-12-2011, 10:28 AM
tomd

Nice to see that there is at least a dialogue about Dean Lombardi and his success (or lack thereof) of building this team.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 11:20 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
4. Are the Kings a well rounded hockey team? Do you think enough attention has been paid to bringing in highly skilled players since Dean took over? Do you think being 22nd in scoring in his 5th year and currently 24th in his 6th year is acceptable?
Absolutely the Kings are a well rounded team, anyone who can't admit that is either extremely biased or extremely ill-informed.

Again, you are confusing scoring goals with being an offensive team.

One is about finishing, one is about creating the chances, the Kings are getting the chances, and if they KEEP getting the chances, the goals will come, but hell, let's undo the system because a few fans have the patience of a gnat.

It's unbelievable about how you guys go on and on and on about a top offensive team and fail to recognize that the Kings problem isn't generating offense, it's finishing it.

Do they need a finisher, sure, every team does, do they have one, yes, they do, Kopitar I believe has stepped up his level of play and it's shown, they need secondary scoring like you can't believe, but let's go 12 games into the season and ***** and moan because players who have never played together before have their timing a bit off,

Really bud, give your head a shake ffs.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:03 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Absolutely the Kings are a well rounded team, anyone who can't admit that is either extremely biased or extremely ill-informed.

Again, you are confusing scoring goals with being an offensive team.

One is about finishing, one is about creating the chances, the Kings are getting the chances, and if they KEEP getting the chances, the goals will come, but hell, let's undo the system because a few fans have the patience of a gnat.

It's unbelievable about how you guys go on and on and on about a top offensive team and fail to recognize that the Kings problem isn't generating offense, it's finishing it.

Do they need a finisher, sure, every team does, do they have one, yes, they do, Kopitar I believe has stepped up his level of play and it's shown, they need secondary scoring like you can't believe, but let's go 12 games into the season and ***** and moan because players who have never played together before have their timing a bit off,

Really bud, give your head a shake ffs.
This is a distinction without a difference. The final score isn't determined by chances - it determined by GOALS.

For the record, the Kings have played 16 games, not 12 - that's 1/5 of the season. If this was a new problem, you'd be right to call for patience, but it isn't new at all. The Kings GFA this season is 2.24 - it was 2.43 in the preseason, 3.33 in the playoffs, and 2.67 for last regular season, so in their last 111 games the Kings have scored at the rate of 2.63 goals per game. That puts them well into the bottom half and likely in the bottom 1/3. The number has declined even though they have exchanged 3 marginal scoring players for 3 allegedly elite scoring players - 2 of which have been linemates in the past.

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:11 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
This is a distinction without a difference. The final score isn't determined by chances - it determined by GOALS.

For the record, the Kings have played 16 games, not 12 - that's 1/5 of the season. If this was a new problem, you'd be right to call for patience, but it isn't new at all. The Kings GFA this season is 2.24 - it was 2.43 in the preseason, 3.33 in the playoffs, and 2.67 for last regular season, so in their last 111 games the Kings have scored at the rate of 2.63 goals per game. That puts them well into the bottom half and likely in the bottom 1/3. The number has declined even though they have exchanged 3 marginal scoring players for 3 allegedly elite scoring players - 2 of which have been linemates in the past.
You are right, GOALS determine the outcome of the game, if you think that CHANCES don't DETERMINE GOALS, then you are out of your tree.

It is one thing if the team isn't generating CHANCES, they are, they are generating quite a few of them, the problem isn't the system, or the offense, etc, it's FINISHING the CHANCES.

Focus on GPG as much as you want, that will not change the fact that the Kings are getting their chances, and they will start to go in.

Old
11-12-2011, 12:18 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
The number has declined even though they have exchanged 3 marginal scoring players for 3 allegedly elite scoring players - 2 of which have been linemates in the past.
And therein lies the biggest problem for me. I've seen all of Gagne's and Richards games together in Philly, 3 year sfull time and Richards first 2 years part time. They had 'it' right from the start, because Gagne is an elite wingerk speey and skilled . Richards is fast and very high on broad ice vision. Gagne instinctively knows where to go to get and act on those sweet passes. Richards got 89 goals in those three full years with Gagne riding shotgun.

And they have yet to play a 5 x 5 shift together. REally????That's good coaching????

How is it that TM , who saw them in Philly, spoke highly of it after the trade, is watching his team lose games and NOT score 5 x5 and can't see the solution

Why won't he play them together???? What could it hurt? At this point, I'd settle for 1 period.

I'm so tired of him saying that Penner/Richards/Brown are getting 'chemistry.
They're not...Brown, for the most part doesn't know how to accept or what to do with Richards passes, that is when his stick is down and his in position
And I was a angry at Richards during the penguins game when Brown muffed a perfect pass and you could see MR say to him "What the F was that?"

Every day when Hammond posts his practice updates, I'm longingly lusting for the news that SG and MR are reunited.

How can TM (or DL for that matter) be that blind...

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:18 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

If you start focusing on what IS instead of what COULD BE, you see a much more accurate picture of where the team is right now.

What makes you think that the puck WILL start going in instead of MIGHT? Their scoring has been at or below this level for over 110 games.

Old
11-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
And therein lies the biggest problem for me. I've seen all of Gagne's and Richards games together in Philly, 3 year sfull time and Richards first 2 years part time. They had 'it' right from the start, because Gagne is an elite wingerk speey and skilled . Richards is fast and very high on broad ice vision. Gagne instinctively knows where to go to get and act on those sweet passes. Richards got 89 goals in those three full years with Gagne riding shotgun.

And they have yet to play a 5 x 5 shift together. REally????That's good coaching????

How is it that TM , who saw them in Philly, spoke highly of it after the trade, is watching his team lose games and NOT score 5 x5 and can't see the solution

Why won't he play them together???? What could it hurt? At this point, I'd settle for 1 period.

I'm so tired of him saying that Penner/Richards/Brown are getting 'chemistry.
They're not...Brown, for the most part doesn't know how to accept or what to do with Richards passes, that is when his stick is down and his in position
And I was a angry at Richards during the penguins game when Brown muffed a perfect pass and you could see MR say to him "What the F was that?"

Every day when Hammond posts his practice updates, I'm longingly lusting for the news that SG and MR are reunited.

How can TM (or DL for that matter) be that blind...
The fact that they have not played together at all during a 5-on-5 shift is what blows my mind the most about this season so far.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:27 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
If you start focusing on what IS instead of what COULD BE, you see a much more accurate picture of where the team is right now.

What makes you think that the puck WILL start going in instead of MIGHT? Their scoring has been at or below this level for over 110 games.
Because that's the game of hockey, not sure how else to explain it.

No, the scoring has not been at or below this level for over 110 games, in your previous post, you explicity state that, in the playoffs they were at 3.36 or somewhere around there, in preseason, which, really, we have to bring preseason into focus here? Anyways, it was at a different number etc,

For instance, small sample size, Vancouver Game, Brown doesn't hit the post, the Kings score 3 goals, and all of a sudden there GPG is higher,

Those will start to go in, law of averages etc, why do you think EVERY coach that has coached the game says to put the puck on net and good things will happen? You think they are making that up just to have a good sound byte? Cliches are cliches because they are true.

Old
11-12-2011, 12:48 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
For instance, small sample size, Vancouver Game, Brown doesn't hit the post, the Kings score 3 goals, and all of a sudden there GPG is higher,
It would go all the way up to 2.31 - they'd be 23rd in the league instead of 24th

The 3.33 in the playoffs was for a total of 6 games

Old
11-12-2011, 01:01 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
It would go all the way up to 2.31 - they'd be 23rd in the league instead of 24th

The 3.33 in the playoffs was for a total of 6 games
LOL and you add one for each game, that means it goes up to 3 or just below or above, and all of a sudden we are one of the top goal scoring teams in the league.

The system itself does not rely on luck and bounces like many of the negative nannies would have you believe. It relies on generating chances and forcing turnovers, and that is what they are doing.

The problem is, the negative nannies want this team to go 82-0 while scoring 328 goals and allowing 82, when that doesn't happen, they **** their pants and beg for change.

Old
11-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Quote:
I'm not even talking about the draft. There have been plenty of threads about it in the past, we will have to agree to disagree. We are never going to see eye to eye on how well he has drafted. Perhaps I don't give him enough credit and perhaps you give him to much credit. I have said in the past I disagree with the way he has drafted, especially in the first round. I am talking about the current team right now.

Now when are you going to address any of the points in my previous post.

1. Why are you willing to give him a third coach, especially after this one was hand picked to run the style he so obviously wanted to run. This is clearly the type of team and style Dean wants to play if it continues to fail to even crack the top 1/3 of scoring in the NHL why do we continue to blame the coach and not the one choosing the coach?

2. Can a guy who twice in 14 seasons has achieved that Top 8 level of offense be counted on to find enough offense for the Kings?

3. How many years before we see results, you say if they lose this year just get a new coach and more scoring like Dean has so easily been able to do in the past. And based on the lack of scoring of his past teams and this awful coaching hire should we really trust him again? How many years are you willing to give him?

You skipped the question AGAIN. Which teams have not had a single pick where a better player was not selected after?
The answer to this question is to name one of the 29 other teams or none.
"You and I have different views" or agreeing to disagree is not an acceptable answer.

Why are you willing to give him a third coach, especially after this one was hand picked to run the style he so obviously wanted to run?

Crawford was about killing time. TM is about teaching the core how to play. I am guessing the next coach will be a take it to the next level guy.
I am guessing if results aren't seen from coach three then Lieweekly will fire him.

Offsense doesn't win. Just ask the Blue Jackets.
Look at the Preds, Bruins, Devils(pre lockout), The Sabres, and notive the trend.
See my answer to question 1.

You can either be a well rounded piece of **** or excel in a few parts of the game. Offense can be added. You are also not factoring in that a top 6 forward has been hurt for two years in Parse and that their are forwards like Toffoli, Lotki, and Vey on the way.

Old
11-12-2011, 01:10 PM
sjmay*

Not sure if I would go so far as call Parse a top six forward.....that might be stretching the definition of top 6, just....a. bit.

Old
11-12-2011, 01:16 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
LOL and you add one for each game, that means it goes up to 3 or just below or above, and all of a sudden we are one of the top goal scoring teams in the league.

The system itself does not rely on luck and bounces like many of the negative nannies would have you believe. It relies on generating chances and forcing turnovers, and that is what they are doing.

The problem is, the negative nannies want this team to go 82-0 while scoring 328 goals and allowing 82, when that doesn't happen, they **** their pants and beg for change.
You can talk about what COULD be, what SHOULD be, what MIGHT be - I'm only interested in what IS - NOW. Take a look at the scoreboard - that says it all. IF they did score another goal per game, then they would be one of the top goal scoring teams in the league, but they didn't.

Spin it any way you want - until they DO start scoring close to 3 GPG average, they will be in the bottom 1/3 of offense in the NHL

Old
11-12-2011, 01:19 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
You can talk about what COULD be, what SHOULD be, what MIGHT be - I'm only interested in what IS - NOW. Take a look at the scoreboard - that says it all. IF they did score another goal per game, then they would be one of the top goal scoring teams in the league, but they didn't.

Spin it any way you want - until they DO start scoring close to 3 GPG average, they will be in the bottom 1/3 of offense in the NHL
Again, you are confusing offense with goals scored,

They ARE DIFFERENT THINGS.

Maybe that's why you are so pissed off and can only see the blue part of the ice,

When the offense stops generating the chances that they are, that's the time to be worried,

Anything else is *****ing just to *****...