HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Easton Stealth RS or Bauer Vapor APX ?

View Poll Results: Which stick to buy?
Bauer Vapor APX 6 60.00%
Easton Stealth RS 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-12-2011, 03:24 PM
rayzer

vCash: 500
Easton Stealth RS or Bauer Vapor APX ?

Which one of these high end stick would you get?

rayzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 05:44 PM
BoneShow

I have the RS and love it. It has a great feel for the puck and has a very quick release. The durability on it has also been fantastic

BoneShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 07:26 PM
samsquanch9

vCash: 50
The RS is amazing!

samsquanch9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 10:46 PM
mhkehoe

I don't have either stick, but I have read that the balance and weight on the APX is impressive, and even makes the RS seem a bit unbalanced. Either way, you should be happy with the stick

mhkehoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:43 AM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

vCash: 50
APX is the best stick i have ever used, I hate the RS. Plus it breaks like nothing i have ever seen. I work at a hockey store and never see junior sticks brought back on warranty, except the RS.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 08:30 AM
RoeperRoger

The RS is unreal but like said before breaks easily great stick for a forward if your parents can afford to keep buying new ones.

RoeperRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Kulluminati

Yea I've heard that the RS breaks very easily and even if it doesn't snap in half, the blade starts to chip off piece by piece. Alot of NHLers use the RS but I guess they have the luxury of not having to buy sticks. Also, when holding the stick it felt very blade heavy. So aside from durability issues its a sick piece of equipment.

On the other hand the APX is by far the lightest stick I've ever held, my buddy bought it and let me mess around with it at a shinny game and it feels the puck very well, its supposed to have two kick points one in the middle one down low for clappers and snapshots/wrist shots respectively, and I noticed a lot more speed on my shots. According to what I've read and the testaments of my friends its quite durable and can take some vicious slashes with no paint loss. So if I had the choice I'd get the APX.

For me, when buying a stick that costs as much as these two do durability is key.

Kulluminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

Send a message via ICQ to Eleven Send a message via AIM to Eleven
My kid (Bantam Minor Tier 1 Forward) wouldn't shut up about the APX, so I did a little research and thought it looked like it suited him well. We bought it and he is lighting them up in the week since.

7 goals in the last week and every time he comes off the ice he still can't shut up about how much he loves it.

Not that I am an expert by any means, but my kid and all his Tier 1 buddies pine for this stick. (Personally I think there is a bit of a placebo effect involved, if the RS was the stick hyped by all his friends and he got it, he would still be lighting the lamp). He got a decent confidence boost by rocking a great stick, so in turn he has been paying great.

Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote