Old
11-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Yakupov is considered the best player in the draft. We're talking franchise talent. Perhaps the best forward drafted since Crosby talent. You would pass up that opportunity, because he's Russian? A Russian who is already playing in North America, by the way.
All top Russian talent in this draft are playing in NA, so that's not an issue the question at the end of the day is NHL or KHL? If your wanting best talent available we'll most likely have our first Russian taken in the first round of the draft in ducks history

Old
11-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Exactly... I don't understand what people are thinking... He plays in Canadian Juniors for one and when has last Russian fled? We are talking about a top freaking talent... A player that has the potential to be the greatest Duck ever....

The Russians that have the flight tag next to their names aren't considered to be the top talents of drafts. I'm sorry.. Malkin and Ovechkin agree!
Right. The Russian Factor. When a player is considered a "flight risk" to go play in Russia if things don't work out, they drop in the draft. They drop a lot. Because teams just aren't willing to take that risk. There has been nothing to indicate that Yakupov is that kind of player. Hell, he went to the OHL because he wanted to play North American hockey, and take the best route to the NHL(which is believed by many to be the CHL).

If Anaheim is in position to pick Yakupov, they will take him. They can't afford not to. Not only will he make the team better, but he will sell tickets. People will pay to see him play. I know I would.

Old
11-21-2011, 12:28 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

So is it time to talk more about the draft?

Besides Fail for Nail, could there also be Fail for Mikhail?

All this time and I thought Galchenyuk's name was actually Galyenchuk. Getting dyslexic or something. Although then we can suck for 'yuk.

Slip up for Filip?

Old
11-21-2011, 12:41 AM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
So is it time to talk more about the draft?

Besides Fail for Nail, could there also be Fail for Mikhail?

All this time and I thought Galchenyuk's name was actually Galyenchuk. Getting dyslexic or something. Although then we can suck for 'yuk.

Slip up for Filip?
Hustlin' for Russian? Say it so it rhymes. hahah

Last edited by airforceones25: 11-21-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old
11-21-2011, 01:18 AM
airforceones25

Old
11-21-2011, 01:48 AM
bumperkisser

wow you guys have got me excited for the draft.. but it would really suck if selanne's last year was us finishing in the cellar of the NHL..

Old
11-21-2011, 01:55 AM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Wow, did not realise the Jackets have only 2 fewer wins with a game in hand.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:08 AM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
wow you guys have got me excited for the draft.. but it would really suck if selanne's last year was us finishing in the cellar of the NHL..
As much as it sucks I could give a ****. This team is garbage and if means his final year is a loss for us to get Yakupov or another potential star i'm for it. Selanne got his cup...

Personally I think Selanne has kind of held this team hostage the last few years. Yes he performs up to his contract however the team has tried to cater to him bringing in Koivu. Quite frankly its put our second line in a world of hurt right now and in the future.. We have nobody but prospects and bottom 6 players to rely on. Not a smart formula...

Old
11-21-2011, 02:08 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Wow, did not realise the Jackets have only 2 fewer wins with a game in hand.
It helps that the Ducks have the worst record in the last 10 games. :/

Old
11-21-2011, 02:13 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
As much as it sucks I could give a ****. This team is garbage and if means his final year is a loss for us to get Yakupov or another potential star i'm for it. Selanne got his cup...

Personally I think Selanne has kind of held this team hostage the last few years. Yes he performs up to his contract however the team has tried to cater to him bringing in Koivu. Quite frankly its put our second line in a world of hurt right now and in the future.. We have nobody but prospects and bottom 6 players to rely on. Not a smart formula...
Selanne is the only reason we're not a lock for Yakupov right now. If consistently being the team's best player and always being the one giving the most effort is "handcuffing" us then I wish more people would do hurt the team so badly.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:19 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
As much as it sucks I could give a ****. This team is garbage and if means his final year is a loss for us to get Yakupov or another potential star i'm for it.

I really don't want to get into that, but I don't disagree at all. The focus feels like it's been "what is best for Selanne" and not "what is best for the team". I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to the Ducks after Selanne.

If Anaheim is going to have a bad season, this is the right draft to have it. If the opportunity presents itself, I'd even like to see Murray try to get another pick in the 1st round(easier said than done). I just hope we don't see the GM try to be clever. Listen to the scouts, and pick the best player available.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:23 AM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Selanne is the only reason we're not a lock for Yakupov right now. If consistently being the team's best player and always being the one giving the most effort is "handcuffing" us then I wish more people would do hurt the team so badly.
I agree he's our best player but you're jaded by your thoughts if you don't understand what i'm saying.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:27 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
I agree he's our best player but you're jaded by your thoughts if you don't understand what i'm saying.
I understand what youre saying, but do you really think Bargain Bin Bob would have spent the money to actually replace him. My thoughts are we would have undergone a full scale rebuild if Teemu retired, rather than paid talent to replace him. But if I go into it anymore weil be back on the Fire Murray/Carlyle topic lol.

Old
11-21-2011, 03:43 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Lol, forget this.

They`ll pick it up in the end and we`ll be like first behind pleyoffs.

Old
11-21-2011, 04:31 AM
Paul4587

I hate the lets suck because it's a good draft attitude that exists on hfboards. I'd rather see my team give it their all every night and miss the playoffs by one point than to see them mail in a whole season.

For every team like Pittsburgh and Chicago who tank and benefit, there is a team like Florida, Columbus or the Islanders who are stuck in limbo for years. I wish they'd change the lottery system to not benefit the teams that suck the most. Although the NHL seems to be all about wanting parity nowadays so the system will likely never change.

Last edited by Paul4587: 11-21-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Old
11-21-2011, 04:52 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I hate the lets suck because it's a bad draft attitude that exists on hfboards. I'd rather see my team give it their all every night and miss the playoffs by one point than to see them mail in a whole season.

For every team like Pittsburgh and Chicago who tank and benefit, there is a team like Florida, Columbus or the Islanders who are stuck in limbo for years. I wish they'd change the lottery system to not benefit the teams that suck the most. Although the NHL seems to be all about wanting parity nowadays so the system will likely never change.
For the record(and this is just to be clear), I'm not saying Anaheim should suck. I expect them to have a strong second half, like they always do, and make a run at the playoffs. It was more a statement that if Anaheim can't get it going, and this team sits in the basement all season, it's advantageous for the Ducks that the 2012 draft is considered a good one with some players who could go a long way towards helping Anaheim be a better team.

I'd much rather see them battle for a playoff spot, even if it means they don't end up with as talented a player in the draft. You play the game to win. Period. If this team threw in the towel I think I'd lose some respect for them. Maybe Anaheim is destined to miss the playoffs. They sure aren't improving their chances with the way they've played so far. But at least make a fight of it. If they are going to go down, I want to see them do it swinging.

Old
11-21-2011, 07:20 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

I don't ever want the roster to just roll over and suck. That's not cool. I also don't want the management to give up on the season now. Don't sell now, and try to do something to improve the team.

On the other hand, the team has been long due for a rebuild. It's been like 7 seasons now where they've tried their best to compete. So I don't want them to give up multiple high assets and sell the future for improvement now. A few medium-high assets, fine, just not giving up the farm. And if they are still down there around deadline time, then they should look at selling expiring contracts. Maybe guys with another year as well.

Old
11-21-2011, 11:52 AM
DuckshaveaRPG

Martin Frk could the Ducks guy this year i like the guy think he got some very nice tools and should still be on the board in our pick range (im guessing mid first)

Old
11-21-2011, 12:54 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckshaveaRPG View Post
Martin Frk could the Ducks guy this year i like the guy think he got some very nice tools and should still be on the board in our pick range (im guessing mid first)
Mid first? Not how things are going right now!

Old
11-21-2011, 12:55 PM
cannon fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
If your wanting best talent available we'll most likely have our first Russian taken in the first round of the draft in ducks history
The Ducks have drafted Russians in the first round, Stanislav Chistov, Alexei Smirnov, and Vitaly Vishnevsky were all first rounders.

Old
11-21-2011, 12:56 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckshaveaRPG View Post
First I thought you misspelt his name but his last name really is Frk. We could call him Fork.

And no, I don't have anything clever to add to this thread.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:03 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
First I thought you misspelt his name but his last name really is Frk. We could call him Fork.

And no, I don't have anything clever to add to this thread.
Frk no/Frk yes would be something clever.

Old
11-21-2011, 03:46 PM
DuckshaveaRPG

from the scouting report

Martin Frk is a prospect from Czech Republic that has already completed one season with the Halifax Mooseheads of the QMJHL. He plays a very North American style game which allowed him to adapt quickly to the “Q”. The Mooseheads knew what they were getting when they drafted him 3rd overall in the 2010 CHL import draft and so far he’s be all that was advertised. Like most players out of Europe he has great skill but Frk brings so much more. He’s a power forward that loves to hit and has a lethal shot. If he can continue to improve his two way game and drive to the net more often he should cement his status as a first-round pick and the type of versatile two-way player that would be a tremendous asset to any NHL roster.
his firt season totals
GP 62 G 22 A 28 PTS 50 PIMS 75
TSN draft centre has him at 6'0/204 and he was ranked 15 but now 20 i think he hada head inj not sure how serious it was so maybe that why he slipped im only guessing why the fall

Old
11-21-2011, 04:11 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

vCash: 577
I don't believe in sucking for good picks...but with the streak we're on...I'm not as mad as I should be and that's cause this draft looks great. Besides I wouldn't mind having the franchise's first ever first overall pick.

Imagine if Yakupov gets picked by the Ducks and he ends up becoming the next Ovechkin or Crosby? Media attention, over-hyping of our team, national attention, nationally broadcasted games=profit.

Really getting into this idea.

Old
11-21-2011, 04:17 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

vCash: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Yakupov is considered the best player in the draft. We're talking franchise talent. Perhaps the best forward drafted since Crosby talent. You would pass up that opportunity, because he's Russian? A Russian who is already playing in North America, by the way.
Yeah. He had 101 points LAST year. By comparison, Hall and Seguin got 106 their draft years. As did Ryan Nungent Hopkins.

Go watch the Youtube videos. This guy is the real deal and I would trade Ryan to Columbus to get a chance to get him. He's gonna be the modern day Pavel Bure. He can shoot, he's got natural goal scoring talent, his on ice vision is unreal and helps him make some really pretty plays, and not only that he is very physical. He's the whole package. And he'd pretty much fit right in in Anaheim.

EDIT: I'm not using this avatar cause I want the Ducks to Fail for Nail but because that's what they're doing.

Closed Thread