Filip Forsberg - Holland - Etem
Palmieri - Galchenyuk - Etem
Palmieri - Grigorenko - Etem

Old
11-27-2011, 09:25 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 500
Isn't Palmieri a RW? That's why they brought up Maroon first, even though it was Bonino and Palmieri who were driving that line.

If they want to switch Palmieri or Etem they need to start soon. And do it in the AHL level. Because as we've seen with Lupul, Carlyle isn't the most patient at it.

Old
11-27-2011, 11:12 AM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Isn't Palmieri a RW? That's why they brought up Maroon first, even though it was Bonino and Palmieri who were driving that line.

If they want to switch Palmieri or Etem they need to start soon. And do it in the AHL level. Because as we've seen with Lupul, Carlyle isn't the most patient at it.
They both play the RW position. Palmieri is a RH shot while Etem is LH.. Hopefully one of them can make a smooth transition to the left side.. However none of that will be an issue as Yakupov will be our LW for next year.

Old
11-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Ducksgo
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
They both play the RW position. Palmieri is a RH shot while Etem is LH.. Hopefully one of them can make a smooth transition to the left side.. However none of that will be an issue as Yakupov will be our LW for next year.
Etem is killing it this year, if Carlyle messes up Etems progress to the NHL I'm gonna kill em take it slow like Ryan if he needs it. This player CAN be that Good and perhaps another franchise player in the making along with Yakupov if we get em!!

Old
12-05-2011, 03:49 PM
DuckJet
#iamsorry

vCash: 69
So...Holland to Palmieri, over to Yakupov, SCORES! NAIL YAKUPOV!?

Or what about Grigorenko? Mynhldraft has us picking him.

Old
12-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

No russians please. They will get into superstar status, get big contracts and eventually wear down.

Seen Ovi, Kovi, even Malkin (injuries). Besides, i believe we`ll be picking around 12th-15th

Old
12-05-2011, 04:57 PM
GreatBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
No russians please. They will get into superstar status, get big contracts and eventually wear down.

Seen Ovi, Kovi, even Malkin (injuries). Besides, i believe we`ll be picking around 12th-15th
Right now I see us picking in the top three in the draft, right down there with Columbus and Carolina. Maybe BB will get the team turned around, but even then I believe that we will be no better than bottom 10.

As for Russians, I agree that all other things being equal, that I would much rather have a North American or Swedish/Finnish player than a Russian. However, if the Russian is clearly superior, then I would probably go with the Russian.

Given the recent history of hockey teams, once they go bad it takes a number of years of drafts to improve the team, so we could have a good pick in the 2013 draft, as well. I shudder to think of having to sit through another season like this one, however.

Old
12-05-2011, 04:59 PM
DuckshaveaRPG

if not Russian you have tio be saying we pick Dumba Forseberg or Reilly right ?

Old
12-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Sean Garrity
MAGNUSIFENT!

The Russians that come over and play in NA are different than the ones that stay in RUssia IMO.

Old
12-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Ducksgo
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckshaveaRPG View Post
Some CBJ fans see themselves drafting Dumbda over Yakupov or the others. Dumbda being a huge hitter and smarts like fowler makes him very tempting. He's everything in a defenseman teams need. Yakupov can and may drop to us if we draft second.

With our d needs like CBJ, it will be a weird scenario

Old
12-05-2011, 05:51 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGallINYAface View Post
The Russians that come over and play in NA are different than the ones that stay in RUssia IMO.
Radulov was drafted out of Russia, but started playing in the Q the next year. So KHL flight risk is still present in guys that come over to NA.

That said I'm not too worried about the "Russian Factor." I don't think the KHL is sustainable the way it is, and I'm not sure how much longer it will last.

I like Ovechkin over Malkin. And Yakupov/Grigorenko are often compared to those 2. Yet I'm kind of leaning toward Grigorenko over Yakupov.

Old
12-05-2011, 06:57 PM
DuckJet
#iamsorry

So.....say we're drafting first overall...you'd pick one of:
Murray, Dumba, Galchenyuk (American but technically Russian), Forsberg?

You'd really pass on Yakupov?

Old
12-05-2011, 07:03 PM
DuckJet
#iamsorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Some CBJ fans see themselves drafting Dumbda over Yakupov or the others. Dumbda being a huge hitter and smarts like fowler makes him very tempting. He's everything in a defenseman teams need. Yakupov can and may drop to us if we draft second.

With our d needs like CBJ, it will be a weird scenario
They might even take Grigorenko first. He's on the bubble and lot's of scouts are hyping him a lot.

I think that's a real issue with scouts, when there is an established front-runner, they try to inject too much hype into risers and challengers. It's not an issue that bothers me, I mean if it wasn't for the Gudbranson and Gormley hype, we wouldn't be dazzled by Fowler's amazing play.

I really don't believe Dumba will go first, or even as high as third. He can go anywhere from 4th to 8th really depending on team needs.

And about the Russian thing, I'm more concerned about Grigorenko. Yakupov has been in North America longer, and him and Galchenyuk really want to play in the NHL. At least, that's the vibe I get. Grigorenko...well I haven't seen any interviews, I haven't really seen ANYTHING that could give me a positive or negative vibe.

Old
12-05-2011, 07:06 PM
DuckJet
#iamsorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckshaveaRPG View Post
Forget about Reilly. I cringe at the thought of a system that looks like

Fowler-Schultz
Vatanen-Reilly
Sbisa-Brookbank/Clark

It'll be like having 4 forwards on the blueline. We already have too many offensive minded defensemen in our system as it is. There's a reason we traded Gardiner.

We draft defense? We respectably pass on Murray and Rielly (unless by some magic we package one of Vatanen and Schultz to get another high draft pick) and pick guys like Dumba and Trouba.

Old
12-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Ducksgo
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
So.....say we're drafting first overall...you'd pick one of:
Murray, Dumba, Galchenyuk (American but technically Russian), Forsberg?

You'd really pass on Yakupov?
I wouldn't, ide still take Yakupov due to Schultz and Vatanen likely one cracking the roster next season. But CBJ may take a defenseman Depending on where they draft. In their draft thread some fans have opinions taking Dumbda first over all.

To the post above me, I would never ever trade Vatanen and Schultz for another high pick. Schultz is blossoming to be the best prospect we have in our system. I think right now Schultz is better than any d prospect in this draft and yes even Dumbda....

Old
12-05-2011, 07:38 PM
DuckJet
#iamsorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I wouldn't, ide still take Yakupov due to Schultz and Vatanen likely one cracking the roster next season. But CBJ may take a defenseman Depending on where they draft. In their draft thread some fans have opinions taking Dumbda first over all.

To the post above me, I would never ever trade Vatanen and Schultz for another high pick. Schultz is blossoming to be the best prospect we have in our system. I think right now Schultz is better than any d prospect in this draft and yes even Dumbda....
The only reason I'd do that is to balance the defensive style of our prospect system a bit.

Fowler (OD)
Vatanen (OD) -----> top 10 pick ------> Dumba (DD+O) Trouba (DD)
Schultz (OD)
Sbisa (DD)

There is simply no place for that many offensive defensemen. I'm not sold on Schultz's game in his own end, and yes, out of curiosity I started watching Wisconsin games to keep tabs on him. He's somewhat suspect in his own zone. He's not a pylon, but he's not a stud either. Dumba is a defensive machine who can generate offense. Dumba is far more valuable. Not by a whole lot, but players like him are not very common. We're seeing a LOT of players like Fowler (Piertrangelo, Doughty, Murray, Larsson, Rielly, etc.) not enough guys like Dumba. In fact I can't really compare him to a lot of guys. The only one that comes to mind is Pronger. Physical shutdown guy who can dominate offensively.

Old
12-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Ducksgo
#EtemUp

It comes down to preference how you look at our d pairing. If you have watched Schultz then you should know about his numbers this season BEING a defenseman.....rediculous and numbers never lie. Even though Dumbda is defensively gifted with grit ide rather have Schultz on my blueline. Having an actual shot and offense from our blueline is what we lack, bring on the old days of Prongs and Nieds Murray! Woo

Old
12-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Jesus Teemu

BB needs another Russian Superstar. How awesome would it be for Yakupov to step into Teemu's shoes?

Old
12-06-2011, 12:31 AM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post

You act like these are the only Russians ever...

Bure, Federov, Makarov, Larionov, Datsyuk, Mogilny, Gonchar ..... I'm sure there are more that were good players that averaged close to PPG as well..

All these players have had long productive careers... Because you are Russian doesn't mean you automatically wear down! LOL

Old
12-06-2011, 12:39 AM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
forsberg is apparently supposed to be very good..

Old
12-06-2011, 01:05 AM
imbatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
The only reason I'd do that is to balance the defensive style of our prospect system a bit.

Fowler (OD)
Vatanen (OD) -----> top 10 pick ------> Dumba (DD+O) Trouba (DD)
Schultz (OD)
Sbisa (DD)

There is simply no place for that many offensive defensemen. I'm not sold on Schultz's game in his own end, and yes, out of curiosity I started watching Wisconsin games to keep tabs on him. He's somewhat suspect in his own zone. He's not a pylon, but he's not a stud either. Dumba is a defensive machine who can generate offense. Dumba is far more valuable. Not by a whole lot, but players like him are not very common. We're seeing a LOT of players like Fowler (Piertrangelo, Doughty, Murray, Larsson, Rielly, etc.) not enough guys like Dumba. In fact I can't really compare him to a lot of guys. The only one that comes to mind is Pronger. Physical shutdown guy who can dominate offensively.
youre confusing physicality with defensive play, Im not saying I wouldnt like Dumba, depending on where we pick, but he's not exactly known for his shutdown ability.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:49 AM
Ducksgo
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbatman View Post
youre confusing physicality with defensive play, Im not saying I wouldnt like Dumba, depending on where we pick, but he's not exactly known for his shutdown ability.
Good point

Old
12-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Murray will likely be the best defenseman out of the draft. If Yakupov is available though, Anaheim picks him. You just can't afford to pass on a player of his caliber, or his competitiveness. He looks like Crosby-lite out there.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Fighter
Fighting my way

I'm also worried about russian players attitude and tendency to bolt for Russia whenever they can.

Yakupov seems a can't miss prospect but I wouldn't be that disappointed to have the 2nd or 3rd overall and pick a big canadian kid, in a traditional Ducks fashion.

Old
12-06-2011, 05:08 PM
DuckJet
#iamsorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
I'm also worried about russian players attitude and tendency to bolt for Russia whenever they can.

Yakupov seems a can't miss prospect but I wouldn't be that disappointed to have the 2nd or 3rd overall and pick a big canadian kid, in a traditional Ducks fashion.
I don't get that vibe from Yakupov at all. He's followed the NHL since childhood. He wants to play in NA

Closed Thread