HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/12 Devils at Capitals

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Tedenby21
Boo's Dangles

vCash: 500
Just win and convert on the PP.

Old
11-12-2011, 02:21 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieharddevilsfan30 View Post
I wonder if Semin is out too because Boudreau benched him for final 24 minutes of the game last night.
he was benched cause j*** was spent.

Old
11-12-2011, 03:52 PM
theking72
Confucius Ackbar

vCash: 1120
We are in trouble. Better call Saul!

Also, if we go down by 2 goals, there is only one way I will be able to continue to watch

Old
11-12-2011, 04:03 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

LOL, we're going to lose.

Old
11-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

What cannel is the game on if it's blacked out on MSG?

Old
11-12-2011, 04:35 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
it all comes back to better puck movers and real (read:actual dmen) playing point. also useful in non pp opportunities too! now in bright green and mustard! act now! im trying hard not to channel my inner DATW, but its been a black hole back there for yuurs and yuurs and yuurs.
People are still wondering why we can't score goals, despite having a heavy set of forwards. I remember everyone saying, during the summer, that with Parise back in the mix, we'd rack up more goals and blablabla.

We can have a line that includes Parise-Crosby-Iginla. They'll still have a hard time scoring goals with our defense.

Last edited by DEVILS ALL THE WAY*: 11-12-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old
11-12-2011, 04:36 PM
njdevilsownnhl*

Send a message via AIM to njdevilsownnhl*
nhl network tonight. More like gayhl network

Old
11-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Tedenby21
Boo's Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
No worries, it's actually a honor.

People are still wondering why we can't score goals, despite having a heavy set of forwards. I remember everyone saying, during the summer, that with Parise back in the mix, we'd rack up more goals and blablabla.

We can have a line that includes Parise-Crosby-Iginla. They'll still have a hard time scoring goals with our defense.
Hopefully it will be better next season when Salvador is gone

Old
11-12-2011, 04:46 PM
StvBroDan
RE2PECT

Tonight Zach gets going. LGD!!!

Old
11-12-2011, 04:47 PM
devsfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsownnhl View Post
nhl network tonight. More like gayhl network
It won't be blacked out on MSG will it?

I'm taping the first half of the game and I set it to tape on MSG.

Old
11-12-2011, 04:49 PM
njdevilsownnhl*

Send a message via AIM to njdevilsownnhl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by devsfan4life View Post
But it won't be blacked out on MSG will it??
Well, I live in NH and it never blacks out the Bruins game on NESN when they are on nhl network. Idk if it's the same in NJ

Old
11-12-2011, 04:50 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedenby21 View Post
Hopefully it will be better next season when Salvador is gone
It'll definitely help, that's for sure. The final piece of the puzzle would be finding a taker for that god awfull contract of Volchenkov's. Colin White would've done the exact same job A-Train is doing atm, but for 1/4 of his contract.

Getting SAH d-men's aren't that hard to find. Buffalo got a solid player in Regehr for close to nothing.

Old
11-12-2011, 04:52 PM
apice3*

1/4 the price? If Colin White was here, he'd be making 3 mil. Volch is making just over 4.

And we don't have cap issues so right now there shouldn't be a problem with anyone's contract.

And Volch isn't as bad as you like to make him sound. He's been a rock defensively. Just because he's not a goal scorer doesn't mean he's a bad player.

Old
11-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Not to mention White is...just not that good anymore. Part of the reason why is because Sharks are uptempo team with quick outlet passes and a lot of pinching from D. Lou knew this when he hired Pete.

Old
11-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Nova Scotia Islander

Regarding scoring, I think the lines need to be tuned a bit. When kovy gets back stick Tedenby with him at least give him a shot. Clarkson is to slow to keep up with tedenby as we saw last game. Everytime Tedenby took the puck up the ice he was all alone know one could keep up with him. Thats the same with Kovy having Palmieri on his line Palmieri cant keep up and doesnt have the hands or play making skills to play with Kovy.

My lines right now would be :

Parise - Henrique - Tedenby
Sykora - Elias - Zubrus
Clarkson - Carter - Palmieri
Boulton/janssen - Mills - Zharkov

Old
11-12-2011, 05:08 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Jersey Fan View Post
Regarding scoring, I think the lines need to be tuned a bit. When kovy gets back stick Tedenby with him at least give him a shot. Clarkson is to slow to keep up with tedenby as we saw last game. Everytime Tedenby took the puck up the ice he was all alone know one could keep up with him. Thats the same with Kovy having Palmieri on his line Palmieri cant keep up and doesnt have the hands or play making skills to play with Kovy.

My lines right now would be :

Parise - Henrique - Tedenby
Sykora - Elias - Zubrus
Clarkson - Carter - Palmieri
Boulton/janssen - Mills - Zharkov
IMO, that top line is too small. While there is some good board play, there's not much physicality.

Also, DeBoer and company seem very hesitant to give Tedenby top minutes for now.

Old
11-12-2011, 05:11 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
1/4 the price? If Colin White was here, he'd be making 3 mil. Volch is making just over 4.

And we don't have cap issues so right now there shouldn't be a problem with anyone's contract.

And Volch isn't as bad as you like to make him sound. He's been a rock defensively. Just because he's not a goal scorer doesn't mean he's a bad player.
We could've resigned White for 1/4 of the price next summer, that's what I wanted to say.

Being solid in your own zone and mediocre everywhere else isn't worth 4.25M$ per, sorry. We might not have cap issues this year but we have him on the books for another 4 years IIRC and that's not good news if you ask me.

There seems to be some confusion with the term PMD and point producer. To me, a PMD and a point producer isn't the same thing at all. A puck moving defensemen is a guy that can move the puck ala Larsson but doesn't necessarily need to post up pts ala Mike Green for example. Moving the pace of the game forward (aka our transition game) is what we need more then anything else, in order to have our ELITE forwards on the move so they can do what they do best.

If you can't make a solid 1st pass, you won't be able to score... I don't care who is playing forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Not to mention White is...just not that good anymore. Part of the reason why is because Sharks are uptempo team with quick outlet passes and a lot of pinching from D. Lou knew this when he hired Pete.
Colin White is not that great anymore? He was tagged as the backbone to our blueline just a couple of months ago and I got bashed repeatedly for not being in love with the guy. Now that he's playing for another team, he's become below average... seriously?

Old
11-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Nova Scotia Islander

Quote:
IMO, that top line is too small. While there is some good board play, there's not much physicality.

Also, DeBoer and company seem very hesitant to give Tedenby top minutes for now.
Yeah the top line is a little small but when u look at Parise's play and Palmieri's play you would think that Parise is the 6-4 guy. Some has to tell Palmieri he is a big dude. He should be going in crushing the Defense and letting one of the other pick up the puck. Also with Tedenby on that line with those two guys they could cover his defensive laps. Palmieri in my opinion would be at best a 4th liner. He shows flashes of some talent once in a while but look who he plays with. Dave Semeko got 42 points playing with Wayne Gretzky and he couldnt skate. I just think that when u put slow guys on a fast skilled line you choke the potental of the good players on that line. I agree with DeBoer Tedenby does need some work but give him a chance to prove the stafff wrong what do they have to loose. Not like Palmieri is racking up points or hits , just turnovers and cant take a pass, or make one.

Old
11-12-2011, 05:21 PM
apice3*

Quote:
We could've resigned White for 1/4 of the price next summer, that's what I wanted to say.

Being solid in your own zone and mediocre everywhere else isn't worth 4.25M$ per, sorry. We might not have cap issues this year but we have him on the books for another 4 years IIRC and that's not good news if you ask me.

There seems to be some confusion with the term PMD and point producer. To me, a PMD and a point producer isn't the same thing at all. A puck moving defensemen is a guy that can move the puck ala Larsson but doesn't necessarily need to post up pts ala Mike Green for example. Moving the pace of the game forward (aka our transition game) is what we need more then anything else, in order to have our ELITE forwards on the move so they can do what they do best.

If you can't make a solid 1st pass, you won't be able to score... I don't care who is playing forward.
We're also missing our top two centers and don't have the depth that Pittsburgh does. That could also have something to do with it. Hell, two of our current first liners have a combined 60 games played.

Old
11-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Colin White is not that great anymore? He was tagged as the backbone to our blueline just a couple of months ago and I got bashed repeatedly for not being in love with the guy. Now that he's playing for another team, he's become below average... seriously?
Seriously? Are you blind? Don`t you read what I`m saying? He`s not suited for this style of hockey. Just a couple of months ago we played a completely different style. Granted Lemaire used D much more last year, but still not nearly as much as we currently do/as Sharks do. Not to mention sometimes, just sometimes, things go well for you. I think that was White`s case.

Old
11-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Tedenby21
Boo's Dangles

Techno Viking will lead us to victory

Old
11-12-2011, 05:23 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Seriously? Are you blind? Don`t you read what I`m saying? He`s not suited for this style of hockey. Just a couple of months ago we played a completely different style. Granted Lemaire used D much more last year, but still not nearly as much as we currently do/as Sharks do.
Never really thought about that. A very good point. Could be why we bought out White.

Old
11-12-2011, 05:29 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Seriously? Are you blind? Don`t you read what I`m saying? He`s not suited for this style of hockey. Just a couple of months ago we played a completely different style. Granted Lemaire used D much more last year, but still not nearly as much as we currently do/as Sharks do. Not to mention sometimes, just sometimes, things go well for you. I think that was White`s case.
So what's the difference between Salvador, White and Volchenkov? If White wasn't good enough for that specific style of play, what makes Salvador and Volchenkov a better option?

Relax, we are simply having a back and forth exchange over here. No need for that childish B.S.

Old
11-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Today is Newark's 175th birthday!

Old
11-12-2011, 05:32 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
We're also missing our top two centers and don't have the depth that Pittsburgh does. That could also have something to do with it. Hell, two of our current first liners have a combined 60 games played.
It doesn't help, that's for sure... but it's not the key to our problem IMO. It starts from the backend up, not the other way around and the way this team is built... it is the other way around.

For a franchise that was so stacked at the backend in all of their cup runs, it's a total brain**** as to why Lou has stayed "status quo" regarding that aspect of our team for sooooooo long.

Closed Thread