Game #17 | Jets @ Blue Jackets | November 12 | 6PM CT / 7PM ET

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2011, 12:03 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Another great GDT!
Must win for the jets. Can't afford to lose games to teams like this. I know Carter is going to be playing but the Jets will pull this one out. 5-2 Jets.

Old
11-12-2011, 12:20 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

vCash: 500
Apparently Brassard is a healthy scratch tonight.

Old
11-12-2011, 12:25 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Festerling out, Postma in for game in Columbus: Jets coach

The Postma always scores twice!

Lets just hope Postma can help DELIVER us a win.

Old
11-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
The Postma always scores twice!

Old
11-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 314
Loving the Fall Out Boy episode references here, one of my favourite Simpsons episodes of all time.

Jets win 4-3 in SO! Andrew Ladd scores two goals! Spinning newspaper injures printer!

Old
11-12-2011, 01:02 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Can you imagine the increased whining quotient on this board if the Jets were to lose this game? OMG.

GO JETS GO!!!
If we lose tonight then our board will explode.....funny how we can be cocky when we are in 28th place. a very winnable game for both teams if they bring their A game

Old
11-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
If we lose tonight then our board will explode.....funny how we can be cocky when we are in 28th place. a very winnable game for both teams if they bring their A game
Who is being cocky? I agree that either team could win this game, but some people here seem to have unrealistic expectations.

Some are just realistic about the team we inherited and see the team in a position in the standings that we (roughly) expected them to be in at this point, given the inordinate number of away versus home games to date and the injuries on D.

That is why I expect to see increased whining tonight should the Jets lose. Some here just seemingly have unrealistic expectations and expected the team would have made 10 trades already and would be challenging for 1st overall, or some ####.

Last edited by Gump Hasek: 11-12-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old
11-12-2011, 01:44 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

Quote:
Who is being cocky? I agree that either team could win this game, but some people here seem to have unrealistic expectations.

Some are just realistic about the team we inherited and see the team in a position in the standings that we (roughly) expected them to be in at this point, given the inordinate number of away versus home games to date and the injuries on D.

That is why I expect to see increased whining tonight should the Jets lose. Some here just seemingly have unrealistic expectations and expected the team would have made 10 trades already and would be challenging for 1st overall, or some ####.
Apparently my communication skills are challenged because I 100% agree with you original post Gump?

many Jets fans (not you) are unrealistic about our teams talent base. I love our team and think we can compete with anyone night in night out and i think the future looks bright but they did finish 25th last year for a reason and only made marginal changes to the roster in the off season.

As the 28th place team currently I don't think any game is a lock.

Old
11-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Dallas Stars
Rookie User

Carter will be back for this one, see how that goes.

Old
11-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Apparently my communication skills are challenged because I 100% agree with you original post Gump?

many Jets fans (not you) are unrealistic about our teams talent base. I love our team and think we can compete with anyone night in night out and i think the future looks bright but they did finish 25th last year for a reason and only made marginal changes to the roster in the off season.

As the 28th place team currently I don't think any game is a lock.

cool

Old
11-12-2011, 02:51 PM
IslandJet

Not really sure what to expect but I can only hope it is one of our better efforts, We need a win and this is a good place to start.

Git-er-done

Old
11-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
It's pretty depressing on the Columbus board. Most are claiming defeat and some are saying they don't even care about the team anymore.

I hope our fans never get to that level!

Old
11-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I NEVER expected this team to be great, based on last years performance and the whole change-of-cities thing this year. I don't know anyone personally who has high expectations of this team this year, or even next. Only those who are purly emotional about the return of the NHL to Winnipeg have high expectations, or those that just don't know the basics about a teams dynamics and functionality as a unit.

We are in a rebuilding process for at least the next two years IMO. I don't see this team making it out of the top 25 this year, or the top 20 next year. Some people need to lower their expections for a few years ir they will become seriously depressed and dissapointed. After these two seasons, hopefully the management will have created a master plan for building a WINNING team, because even though I'm preaching patience at the moment, we all know realistic Winnipeggers will expect something big from this team at some point down the road. Otherwise there really will be hell to pay.

Old
11-12-2011, 03:26 PM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
It's pretty depressing on the Columbus board. Most are claiming defeat and some are saying they don't even care about the team anymore.

I hope our fans never get to that level!
Apparently you don't listen to the call in show after games then ...

Old
11-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
Apparently you don't listen to the call in show after games then ...
I've never listened to call in shows, for the Oilers or Jets because people are just way too emotional and bi-polar for my patience.

Old
11-12-2011, 04:17 PM
razorsedge

Speaking of whining. I listened to 1290 after the last game online for the first time. Heard one caller saying that in a couple games the Jets will have to start giving tickets away if the team keeps playing like this. That was enough for me. I guess every market has it's moron's.

Old
11-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Andy6
Court Jetster

Does no one remember 1980-81? Thirty games without a win is when you get down about your team, not when they start off 5-8-3 playing 11/16 on the road. Especially when they're entertaining (if sometimes not in quite the way you'd want) and "in" virtually every game (last game was only the second where they weren't at least within 1 at some point in the 3rd period).

Old
11-12-2011, 04:25 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

vCash: 406
Don't take Columbus for granted, work hard for 60, keep the silly penalties to a minimum.

Jets 5-2 tonight.

Old
11-12-2011, 05:45 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

We need to be careful. Carter and Nash are good, really good...when they want to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Don't take Columbus for granted, work hard for 60, keep the silly penalties to a minimum.

Jets 5-2 tonight.

Old
11-12-2011, 05:48 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
We need to be careful. Carter and Nash are good, really good...when they want to play.
Agree - should be interesting to see how well they can shut that line down. Sounds like Noel's going to pair Byfuglien with Stuart tonight against that line. Hopefully Stuart's solid play rubs off on Buff, and he takes his responsibility tonight to heart.

Old
11-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Anyone got any links??

Old
11-12-2011, 06:03 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Really hope we don't drop the ball on this one.

Old
11-12-2011, 06:03 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

Alright I'm taking a break from Skyrim for this so we better win!

But seriously just because we're playing the worst team in the league doesn't mean we can take the night off. If we come out and play like we can we'll win but if we don't than we will probably lose.

Go Jets Go!

Old
11-12-2011, 06:04 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
Alright I'm taking a break from Skyrim for this so we better win!

But seriously just because we're playing the worst team in the league doesn't mean we can take the night off. If we come out and play like we can we'll win but if we don't than we will probably lose.

Go Jets Go!
I'm doing the same thing. So yeah, better win!

Old
11-12-2011, 06:08 PM
dgorsk

so anyone have a stream link???

Closed Thread