Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Ryan Rupert Ugly Slashing on Nick Cousins [OHL]

Old
11-12-2011, 12:29 PM
bruinsfan46

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
Yes there are. But you usually don't see them pull that. Most agitators know the line and skirt it. I believe Cousins went over the line. I remember being perfectly fine when Hollweg ate Simons stick a few years back. This is a very similar reaction to me. Both Simon and Rupert absolutely 100% deserve a long and thorough suspension, don't get me wrong, but in both instances, Hollweg and Cousins probably got what was coming to them.

I know it's not the popular opinion, but I guess that's just me.
Dude he scored an empty netter which he shot right after time expired and bumped Rupert and chirped him, Rupert ****ing baseball swung his stick right into his gut. It was so incredibly far from deserved Rupert deserves at least 25 games.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Loosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrudland2Lomakin View Post
So it's even less of a reason to be able to fine him.

Cousins did a little trash talking, so what, if this is what some of you think "reaps" a response like this then you should hear what they really say is on the ice, feels like some of you would justify murder for that.
I never said that Cousins deserved what he got or reaped what he sewed...but he's not an innocent victim here.

What happens in the NHL if a player takes a late shot at a goalie or into an empty net? Someone from the opposition will usually go up to him facewash him or give him shot.

Now if read the above you will notice I did't say 'he should get a slash to the midsection and jumped' However Cousins is far from an innocent victim in all of this.

Last edited by Loosie: 11-12-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Loosie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Eisen

Quote:
Yes there are. But you usually don't see them pull that. Most agitators know the line and skirt it. I believe Cousins went over the line. I remember being perfectly fine when Hollweg ate Simons stick a few years back. This is a very similar reaction to me. Both Simon and Rupert absolutely 100% deserve a long and thorough suspension, don't get me wrong, but in both instances, Hollweg and Cousins probably got what was coming to them.

I know it's not the popular opinion, but I guess that's just me.
I understand where you are coming from, for me the point is, why is scoring an empty netter and talking after the game worse than all the cussing that goes on during the game (and agitators usually do more than that). Of course I know it`s dickish, but during the game it seems acceptable.

Eisen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Skrudland2Lomakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosie View Post
I never said that Cousins deserved what he got or reaped what he sewed...he's not an innocent victim here.

What happens in the NHL if a player takes a late shot at a goalie or into an empty net? Someone from the opposition will usually go up to him facewash him or give him shot.

Now if read the above you will notice I did't say 'he should get a slash to the midsection and jumped' However Cousins is far from an innocent victim in all of this.
I don't see how what he did prior to being slashed is relevant to the topic at all. He did not touch Rupert so whatever happened prior to him getting slashed is irrelevant. It's sad that in hockey shooting a puck into an empty net is cause for someone to be beaten, he shouldn't have even had to face a facewash for his actions. You want to stop a guy from doing that? Don't lose so you have to pull your goalie.

Skrudland2Lomakin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
tikkanen5rings*

Quote:
Read what I wrote. Cousins deserved what he got for being a d-bag which is a nice bruise, and further I wrote that Rupert will get what he deserves for his reaction because I agree it doesn't belong in hockey.

If Cousins wants to celebrate like that and be a dick over it, fine. But be prepared to take some lumber every now and again. I know it was your Flyers draft pick that was laying on the ice, but he deserved it imo. But it's ok, he'll fit right in with Zac Rinaldo on your team. As far as the hate goes, that's fine. I don't even know you in the first place.
so you'd be cool your teams prospect gets mugged after goal celebration?

tikkanen5rings* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Dude he scored an empty netter which he shot right after time expired and bumped Rupert and chirped him, Rupert ****ing baseball swung his stick right into his gut. It was so incredibly far from deserved Rupert deserves at least 25 games.
Looked to me he shot it after time expired, then puts his hands up like that, and bumps rupert, well after that crap, he deserves it. You pull stuff like that, you get whacked. To me, its more out of line than in game chirping. The game's over, you won, go home. You're asking for what Rupert did by acting like Cousins did.

I agree with your length of suspension though. I see 15-25 for him. And he deserves every game for what he did.

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:39 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkanen5rings View Post
so you'd be cool your teams prospect gets mugged after goal celebration?
I wouldn't like it, but if he acts like that after the game is over (the time had expired before he shot it so it wasn't a goal celebration, and even still its an EN, you don't celebrate ENs like that), I'd understand he deserved what he got. Trust me, I know with Brad Ross in the Leafs system he might get something like that at some point, and I'll probably understand why at that point.

Again, Rupert fully deserves the 20 or so games he's about to get.

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

Cousins is a pure pest. He is like Avery, Cooke, Kaleta except he has never once stood up for his actions and dropped the gloves. Say you what want about the NHL pests but 3 or 4 times a year they answer the bell.

Cousins has been jumped three or four times in his OHL career just because he will never fight. If you are going to play that way you have to be prepared to answer the bell or guys lose their cool and do things like this

Rupert knows Cousins wont fight but has to answer in another way, put it in the vault and take a shot at cousins next game. I'd be completly fine with 15-20 games

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:45 PM
rye&ginger

Perry's slash on H Sedin last night was similar in the level of disregard for safety. Stick fouls like this are worse that late hits.

rye&ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Loosie

Quote:
I don't see how what he did prior to being slashed is relevant to the topic at all. He did not touch Rupert so whatever happened prior to him getting slashed is irrelevant. It's sad that in hockey shooting a puck into an empty net is cause for someone to be beaten, he shouldn't have even had to face a facewash for his actions. You want to stop a guy from doing that? Don't lose so you have to pull your goalie.
It's not that he scored an empty net goal, it that he shot the puck after time expired into an empty net and celebrated like it actually counted, then bumped Rupert. You just don't do that. And it is relevant to this topic. If Cousins just stops skating when the horn sounds, skates back to the goalie and celebrates with the rest of his team, this whole incident doesn't happen.

I stress again, what Cousins did doesn't deserve a slash to the midsection, or maybe nothing at all, other than his number taken for next game and you check him a little harder or something. So yes Rupert deserves a lengthy suspension probably somewhere between 15-25. But Cousins is not some innocent victim in all of this.

Loosie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:51 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Except it wasnt just him shooting at an empty net. Had it been just that, nothing happens. He instead puts his hands in the air and taunts another player after the game is over. Did Rupert need to respond like he did? No he didnt, and on the flip side there was no reason for Cousins to do what he did. Had he skates off and doesnt taunt another player, there is no incident.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Mancouver
Locked in the Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
A long suspension is well deserved. This reeked of old school smash mouth hockey. That wasn't tough, it was boneheaded.

Rupert's a loser. He proved that today.

Mancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:55 PM
BobDobolina

Some people are truly and utterly ****ed in the head, saying Cousins got what he deserved.

Seriously get some help.

BobDobolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Mike Vernon*

the guy bumps into him on purpose with his hands up and you know he said something. That being said, the other player should have enough control to drop his stick, gloves and punch him instead of that vicious slash.

30 games

Mike Vernon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Mike Vernon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDobolina View Post
Some people are truly and utterly ****ed in the head, saying Cousins got what he deserved.

Seriously get some help.

Its exactly the same as two guys on the street, one has a baseball bat and one says something to the other and he hits him with the bat. They are considered weapons when used to harm someone. Unless people believe its okay to use a weapon because of something said?

Mike Vernon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 01:19 PM
bruinsfan46

I just realized Cousins didn't even score the goal, it was a right shot.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 01:35 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 860
a typical hf ****storm
alphas and angels.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Lexus
OWN THE MOMENT.

Probably one of the worst cheap shots i've seen for a long time.

Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 02:01 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Maybe Cousins said something he shouldn't have, but Christ - a two-handed slash and going for a beatdown because you were chirped hints to very poor self-control. Ruper needs at least 20 games off.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 02:14 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

As one poster mentioned above...and seems to be getting overlooked...it wasn't even Cousins who shot the puck at the empty net. He probably did say something he shouldn't have/taunted...and looked to intentionally bump Rupert....but he didn't shoot the puck.

UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 02:18 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Double post

UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Another question has come from this. The visiting team is not allowed on the ice at the final buzzer till the ref waves them on.

If the ref waved them on....... why? Obviously the teams hadn't yet separated and headed towards their respective goaltenders.

If the ref hadn't waved them of then who was the first player over the boards to start the bench brawl?.... is he getting suspended?

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
Another question has come from this. The visiting team is not allowed on the ice at the final buzzer till the ref waves them on.

If the ref waved them on....... why? Obviously the teams hadn't yet separated and headed towards their respective goaltenders.

If the ref hadn't waved them of then who was the first player over the boards to start the bench brawl?.... is he getting suspended?
Typically when the game is over, the winning team just empties the bench to celbrate. It is not like minor Hockey where one team leaves the ice at a time.

And I think 4 players from the hounds got suspended for 2 games each (Cousins included)

The London player is suspended is TBD

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Lexus
OWN THE MOMENT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post

Probably.

Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

rough incident, id say the fact he went after him while on the ice might the part that puts this suspension over the top numbers wise. 15-25?

but no he should not be kicked out of the league or put in jail or a mental hospital (for all you extreme overreactors)

and if you consider nick cousins an innocent victim, you should also consider avery innocent after this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_2oKWe2Gw

i think if avery had gotten two handed/ almost beaten up there for taunting i bet alot of people would have felt no sympathy..

Ryan English is offline   Reply With Quote