HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lucic Hit on Miller Saga continues. Fraser weighs in, Julien Speaks.

Old
11-14-2011, 01:44 AM
bruinsrme

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Yeah, that's obviously how a lot of Sabres fans feel.

I'm not even really as pissed at the lack of a physical reaction as I am at the lack of any reaction whatsoever.
They got the power play from it and did nothing and then played like crap the next two periods, allowing six straight goals.
A lot of them didn't look like they cared and the mistakes they've been making for awhile now were just magnified.

What did the Bruins do after the Cooke hit?
Obviously while Savard was out Recchi got an A, but what else was done?
thorton went after Cooke. Landed a couple of punches and then the B's let cooke skate around freely, not a single check just a couple of bumps.
Either Bettman or Campbell was at the game.
Pen's blew out the B's, to boot

bruinsrme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 06:43 AM
Clock

If anything, it'll be a slap on the wrist. I'm OK with that. Yes, Lucic shouldn't have hit Miller because it wasn't incidental, but I think a lot of us are redirecting our anger at the team not doing anything about it and calling for Lucic's head.

Give him two games, learn your lesson and go after anyone that touches any of our goaltenders, and maybe give Thomas / Rask / Lucic a little extra love when the opportunities present themselves.

Just take care of it on the ice.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 06:51 AM
BowieSabresFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
If anything, it'll be a slap on the wrist. I'm OK with that. Yes, Lucic shouldn't have hit Miller because it wasn't incidental, but I think a lot of us are redirecting our anger at the team not doing anything about it and calling for Lucic's head.

Give him two games, learn your lesson and go after anyone that touches any of our goaltenders, and maybe give Thomas / Rask / Lucic a little extra love when the opportunities present themselves.

Clock,

Fair point, and I think it will be anywhere from 1-3 games. However, I have no problem with separating the two incidents. It was a cheap and gutless hit. Lucic knew what he was doing, and while there may not have been intent to injure, he was definitely planning on laying Miller out. As a secondary, I was also disappointed in how the team reacted. I am not as mad as some, because I want to see how the team responds to this situation.

BowieSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:00 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Calling up kids to fight for supposed men isn't going to solve the deeper issues the current Sabres have right now, issues that they're going to have to overcome on a nightly basis all on their own.
This.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Mmm, some suspect posts magically disappeared there...

Methinks one named Clock might've done some modding.

gj, gj

Corto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:27 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
To think a pro athlete who gets pulled from a game per league rules by opposition team doctors and now has to miss at least a week is "Faking" is a giant stretch of reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
Mmm, some suspect posts magically disappeared there...

Methinks one named Clock might've done some modding.

gj, gj
Close.

11-14-2011, 07:30 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
To think a pro athlete who gets pulled from a game per league rules by opposition team doctors and now has to miss at least a week is "Faking" is a giant stretch of reality.

Close.

Saw Clock in the thread, didn't see you on.

Ah well, presumption is the mother of all ... etcetc.

Corto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post

Saw Clock in the thread, didn't see you on.

Ah well, presumption is the mother of all ... etcetc.
I'm not as fast as the old man... yet.

Old
11-14-2011, 07:37 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:

Close.
Yeah, that's how their fan base works. They said the same about Max Pacioretti when Chara tried to play Murder He Wrote.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:42 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpig View Post
Say what you will, but that is exactly how we feel about Kaleta when he is on his game.
So you see my point.

However, Lucic is much more impactful on the game in other areas than Kaleta, and is a more dominating physical presence. He also does more damange when he gets dirty. So he's kinda Kaleta squared.

If you put Kaleta on your first line, you'd be laughed at. With Looch, it works, anger issues and all.

I can't think of a single team in the NHL that wouldn't take Lucic, or *a* Lucic, on their team in a flash if he was offered. He's just a good, big, tough, mean forward with a lot going for him.

We'll miss him if he's suspended, there's no doubt about that. But I wouldn't try to take the stuff out of his game that's about to get him suspended either. Just gotta get him to stop concussing goaltenders, because that crap will get you every time.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:42 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Yeah, that's how their fan base works. They said the same about Max Pacioretti when Chara tried to play Murder He Wrote.
Unfortunately it seems like some of OUR fan base is taking the same angle.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:

Issue there, and I hate to be that guy on another team's board, but this is a team that is built to engage teams in exactly that way. If another team brings the nasty, Boston has put itself in a beautiful position to bring more nasty than just about any other team in the league, and bury you in it. As the Flyers found out last playoffs. They had themselves all set up as the bad boys on the block, with the target publically placed on Krejci's back, and the result was catastrophe as they got mauled by the bear.

There are not a lot of teams that can keep up with the Bruins when they really decide that they want to hurt you. It's part of why people took the fairly meek reaction to the Savard injury so hard in New England. They know what the team could have done instead.

If you want to beat the Bruins, lull them to sleep. Do not make them angry. They love being angry.

Old
11-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
Issue there, and I hate to be that guy on another team's board, but this is a team that is built to engage teams in exactly that way.
The Bruins lineup isn't remotely terrifying enough where I would discourage any of the Sabres from reciprocating the respect that Lucic gave to Miller, albeit legally.

Old
11-14-2011, 07:59 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
The Bruins lineup isn't remotely terrifying enough where I would discourage any of the Sabres from reciprocating the respect that Lucic gave to Miller, albeit legally.
I think you're underestimating them. The Bruins' fight card is about 5 deep right now, just counting the middle-to-heavyweights on the roster. Chara, Thornton, Lucic, McQuaid, Horton. And throw in Boychuk and Seidenberg, who I know you all know well as a bigtime hitters (especially Boychuk) and then throw in some of the lesser guys who are willing like Campbell, Ference and Marchand.

Anyone who wants a piece of Boston will have no trouble finding a dance partner, is the point. Boston can throw more fighters into the ring than just about any other team, nd will be only too happy to reciprocate if things turn nasty in later games. In fact Bruins fans are kinda hoping they will, since the Bruins play much better when they play for vengeance themselves. So get as nasty as you want, and I look forward to the results.

Old
11-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Im with you guys on this.. Lucic should be given a suspension.. And bruins fans are ridiculous

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Clock

Quote:
I think you're underestimating them. The Bruins' fight card is about 5 deep right now, just counting the middle-to-heavyweights on the roster. Chara, Thornton, Lucic, McQuaid, Horton. And throw in Boychuk and Seidenberg, who I know you all know well as a bigtime hitters (especially Boychuk) and then throw in some of the lesser guys who are willing like Campbell, Ference and Marchand.

Anyone who wants a piece of Boston will have no trouble finding a dance partner, is the point, and Boston can throw more fighters into the ring than just about any other team, nd will be only too happy to reciprocate if things turn nasty in later games. In fact Bruins fans are kinda hoping they will, since the Bruins play much better when they play for vengeance themselves. So get as nasty as you want, and I look forward to the results.
I wasn't talking about a fight night. I was talking about reciprocating the respect that Lucic gave to Miller. Despite Lucic's bravado, given past performances, I'm not convinced that the result would have been any different if it were, say, Kaleta on Thomas.

Old
11-14-2011, 08:09 AM
klikkar

Bruins fan here.

I got blasted for making a sarcastic comment about Miller's concussion on main forums. I'm not saying he isn't hurt, but you gotta agree, that from my viewpoint, he appeared fine after the hit and postgame.

I'm also surprised by the rational reaction here, the main forums are full of from certain two fanbases, none of which are involved in this.

Anyways, I hope Miller is fine, don't think this warrants a suspension, but I'm OK (not happy) with one or two games as "justice has been served" kind of thing.

klikkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:12 AM
TyMy57
Enroth is God

I can't believe the amount of Lucic support I'm seeing. Since when is it ok to run a goalie? I don't care how far out of the crease he was, you don't do it. Boston fans coming in here trolling are just lowering my already low opinion of Boston sports fans.

TyMy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by klikkar View Post
I'm not saying he isn't hurt, but you gotta agree, that from my viewpoint, he appeared fine after the hit and postgame.
I would respectfully suggest that you read up on concussions a bit more before you make offhanded accusations on the Sabres board that Miller is faking one solely on the basis that he looked OK during the game.

Old
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
I got blasted for making a sarcastic comment about Miller's concussion on main forums. I'm not saying he isn't hurt, but you gotta agree, that from my viewpoint, he appeared fine after the hit and postgame.
The Bruins team doctors were the ones that diagnosed and pulled Miller because of the concussion. I doubt they'd willingly go along with this conspiracy theory that he's faking it.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:13 AM
BowieSabresFan

Quote:
Bruins fan here.

I'm also surprised by the rational reaction here, the main forums are full of from certain two fanbases, none of which are involved in this.

Anyways, I hope Miller is fine, don't think this warrants a suspension, but I'm OK (not happy) with one or two games as "justice has been served" kind of thing.
Actually, the main board thread is full of a couple of your fans making idiots of themselves, but it IS the main board after all.

BowieSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:14 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
I wasn't talking about a fight night. I was talking about reciprocating the respect that Lucic gave to Miller. Despite Lucic's bravado, given past performances, I'm not convinced that the result would have been any different if it were, say, Kaleta on Thomas.
You kidding? Did you watch the Stanley Cup Finals? Someone takes liberties with Thomas, Thomas gives 'em right back.

I can't see Julien putting Rask out there against the Sabres for the rest of the year. You'll get a steady diet of the Tank, and the Tank knows how to protect himself.

Old
11-14-2011, 08:16 AM
CrankyJay

Quote:

Anyone who wants a piece of Boston will have no trouble finding a dance partner, is the point. Boston can throw more fighters into the ring than just about any other team, nd will be only too happy to reciprocate if things turn nasty in later games. In fact Bruins fans are kinda hoping they will, since the Bruins play much better when they play for vengeance themselves. So get as nasty as you want, and I look forward to the results.
What a nice "my dad can beat up your dad" kind of post.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:16 AM
Clock

Quote:
You kidding? Did you watch the Stanley Cup Finals? Someone takes liberties with Thomas, Thomas gives 'em right back.
Shrug. Neat.

Old
11-14-2011, 08:17 AM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

Quote:

I can't see Julien putting Rask out there against the Sabres for the rest of the year. You'll get a steady diet of the Tank, and the Tank knows how to protect himself.
Okay bud. Let me know how Thomas fights back if he takes a hit like Miller took. Unless he pulls a Hasek and plays the man, he's taking a beating as well.

Point is, we're more upset than anyone at the lack of any kind of response from our team, and you're trololollin'.

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote