HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lucic Hit on Miller Saga continues. Fraser weighs in, Julien Speaks.

Old
11-12-2011, 11:35 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

vCash: 500
If the sabres would have retalitated heavily, chara would have come in with a cheap shot.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 11:36 PM
Kc232
Hi

I'm sorry, but when someone runs your goalie, that hard, you beat the living crap out of them. You don't let something like that happen to your star 'tender and just hope a major gets called for it. I would of lost my mind if I was on the ice. I feel bad for Miller.

Kc232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 11:37 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
I'd expect Buffalo to call up Kassian or do something- however, the Bruins are not only the type of team that can handle this, they have been trying to manufacture somebody to start with them from the second game on. That next Buffalo game could see about a half dozen fights and if I were the Sabres players I'd be looking over the Bruins lineup and seeing who is a good guy to go with. Lucic is good and reminds me of Rick Tocchet- not yet that good or even mean but he's got a lot of him in him. He has not fought much at all and between the problems with his nose and contacts he doesn't seem to want to go like he did. the danger is he punches through you and if he connects you are going to have serious damage. no doubt Kassian is a tough boy and all bets would be off on this one.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 11:42 PM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

anyone got a link for the hit ? I missed the game today...thanks.

VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 11:44 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I'd expect Buffalo to call up Kassian or do something- however, the Bruins are not only the type of team that can handle this, they have been trying to manufacture somebody to start with them from the second game on. That next Buffalo game could see about a half dozen fights and if I were the Sabres players I'd be looking over the Bruins lineup and seeing who is a good guy to go with. Lucic is good and reminds me of Rick Tocchet- not yet that good or even mean but he's got a lot of him in him. He has not fought much at all and between the problems with his nose and contacts he doesn't seem to want to go like he did. the danger is he punches through you and if he connects you are going to have serious damage. no doubt Kassian is a tough boy and all bets would be off on this one.
Huh? Lucic would crush Kassian in about 10 seconds

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Dreakon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post
anyone got a link for the hit ? I missed the game today...thanks.

Dreakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Dreakon

EDIT: Accidental double post, this forum seems a bit glitchy tonight.

Last edited by Dreakon: 11-12-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old
11-12-2011, 11:50 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Huh? Lucic would crush Kassian in about 10 seconds
Not so sure about that. Lucic is pretty overrated as fighter. He has this image has some unstoppable beast. But its not the reality.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 11:52 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

what i would give to have a young brad may on this team.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:03 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Not so sure about that. Lucic is pretty overrated as fighter. He has this image has some unstoppable beast. But its not the reality.
That's fine. I don't think he's an unstoppable beast. But I just have the opinion he would crush Kassian.

Old
11-13-2011, 12:03 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

I just find it annoying that everyone is chirping the hit was legal because he left the crease. It COULD NOT be MORE CLEAR that the hit is still illegal.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Ted Black

I'm going to play devils advocate a little here...

I'm guessing there aren't a whole lot of Sabres fans that wouldn't LOVE to have a player just like Lucic on this team, or four of them.

If Gaustad pulled the same thing on Thomas, and we were at home and it changed the game the way it did for Boston, I don't think we'd be crying about it, at least not anywhere near this degree.

It's my opinion, like someone else said, that Boston is by far the toughest team in this league and it's one of the reasons they're champs. When they're on, they're unstoppable. They're just a big bad team, it could've happened to lots of other teams, not just the Sabres.

Lately I've noticed a lot more Sabres standing up for eachother, this was obviously not the case tonight, but I keep hearing about how this happens all the time etc. I don't think that's true.

The Sabres got their ***** kicked tonight, but so be it. The Bruins are a better, bigger team and that's just the way it is.

So in conclusion, I think the Sabres should have had a bigger reaction to the Lucic hit, but it's not the end of the world folks.

Ted Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:01 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan213 View Post
I really didn't find it to be that dirty. Miller came way out and kind of half jumped into Lucic. Lucic obviously went out of his way to contact Miller, but if he doesn't want to be hit then he should stay in his net.
Good ol' cognitive dissonance.

You say it wasn't dirty, then mention that Lucic "went out of his way to contact Miller", which is explicitly against the rules. That is text-book dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffgiant View Post
You're kidding, right? If you're a Sabres fan, I encourage you to watch the videos of the fights from that game.
Eh, I didn't see much in that video. If there was more that went on, then I was not aware.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:03 AM
Ted Black

Oh, another thing. This team is capable of playing physical. Think of last year's playoffs against Philly. With the exception of game 7, we outplayed them phyiscally.

I just don't think this is the end all be all lots of people seem to be making it out to be.

Ted Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:08 AM
Dreakon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Black View Post
Oh, another thing. This team is capable of playing physical. Think of last year's playoffs against Philly. With the exception of game 7, we outplayed them phyiscally.

I just don't think this is the end all be all lots of people seem to be making it out to be.
Philly is a hard working, gritty team... but I wouldn't really call them overly physical. Not 'rail your goaltender so hard he does a backflip' physical anyways.

And wasn't Pronger out a good chunk of that series?

Old
11-13-2011, 01:30 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigbea View Post
not surprise boston did this.. they were doing cheap shots the whole playoff last season..
Yep... He is a sucker-punching piece of garbage.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:09 AM
Colt.45Orr

I didn't think the hit was nearly as dirty as many Sabres fans are making it out to be, but at the same time I will freely admit that if the hit had been on a Bruins goalie I would likely react the exact same way.

Colt.45Orr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:19 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres57 View Post
Lucic took advantage of a soft, gutless team. More power to him. I wish he played for the Sabres.
Are the Red Wings soft and gutless too?

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:41 AM
chickenwang

I really hope miller is okay. That said, I don't think there was any point in fighting bruins, they get off from emotion and fighting, esp. since they have a lot of tough guys like lucic and chara that could easily pummel down anyone.

chickenwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:44 AM
5 Minute Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenwang View Post
I really hope miller is okay. That said, I don't think there was any point in fighting bruins, they get off from emotion and fighting, esp. since they have a lot of tough guys like lucic and chara that could easily pummel down anyone.

Then freaking go after Seguin, go after someone, go after Lucic's mother if you have to!

For cripes sake, you have to do SOMETHING!

And Lucic wouldn't "easily" pummel Gaustad or McCormick.

He may win but he may also lose a pound of flesh doing so.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:51 AM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

I honestly have no idea how people are saying this hit is ok...

Goalies are allowed to come out of their crease. If there is incidental contact, then it's the goalies fault. If the player hits them on purpose, like Lucic did, then it's the other players' fault. If the player hits the goalie as hard and as dirty as Lucic did, then it's absolutely dirty and absolutely bush league.

Milan Lucic can go rot in hell for all I care.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:52 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
I honestly have no idea how people are saying this hit is ok...

Goalies are allowed to come out of their crease. If there is incidental contact, then it's the goalies fault. If the player hits them on purpose, like Lucic did, then it's the other players' fault. If the player hits the goalie as hard and as dirty as Lucic did, then it's absolutely dirty and absolutely bush league.

Milan Lucic can go rot in hell for all I care.
Eh, the training of thought seems to fall under one of two categories:
1. Ignorance -- people not knowing the rules
2. It *should* be ok, under the rulebook, therefore it is ok in my cook

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:55 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

NHL Rulebook, Section 6, rule 42:

"Charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A 'charge' may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice.

A goalkeeper is not 'fair game' just because he is outside the goal crease area. The appropriate penalty should be assessed in every case where an opposing player makes unnecessary contact with a goalkeeper. However, incidental contact, at the discretion of the Referee, will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact."

SO....
Illegal? Yes.
Dirty? Subjective
Avoidable? Yes
Suspension worthy? Subjective

Old
11-13-2011, 03:22 AM
Ruff for President

November 23, you @#$%^& piece of ****...

Sekera is a &^%$#@ puke too.

Trade that bum

Message to Sabres, good job helpin your bud while he is going through some tough times.

I got your back Miller.

Ruff for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:28 AM
sabresandcanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I agree....I think Zack could take him to be honest, he punches quicker and Lucic doesn't take punches that well when someone catches him. Now if Lucic tags Zack first....thats another story.

sabresandcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote