HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Game #17: Kings vs. Wild, 11/12/11 - POST GAME WIN!, THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
11-13-2011, 12:41 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Frolov with the 3rd star!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan24 View Post
Yaaa good job Frolov 3rd star!
Jersey Database didn't have Fraser made up ... had to make my own, and took a minute to edit it ... give me a break

Besides ... I miss Fro

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:41 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Well, they got some help from the Wild goaltender, but yeah, the Kings did look a lot better tonight in pretty much every way. That's the best I think I've seen this year, outside the St. Louis blowout. They were really decisive and assertive, and that's how you win hockey games. They were really playing to win tonight.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:44 AM
bobafettish*

i like this fraser kid...

kings really needed a game like this, hopefully this isn't an anomaly and our offense is headed in the right direction.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:45 AM
Nex06

I am disappointed, you guys need a reality check.

- They are shooting too much.

- They played too defensively, sometimes Kopitar's line was doing nothing but playing defense whole shift. In offensive zone, but they say best defense is offense therefore they played too defensively.

- Terry Murray should have done something to prevent at least the second goal, Kings were lucky that it didn't go the other way. It was close. He should have called TO and told players to stop messing around. That would help. But of course he will not do that because he is a bad coach.

- The team is soft, no fighting majors. Kings were outhit 37-25, that just shows that the team doesn't play physical enough. Having 12 hits less than opponent is dead last in the league. Look it up, stats don't lie!

- Penalty kill was TERRIBLE! 67% is dead last in the league.

- Faceoffs... WTF was that, Minnesotta won more faceoffs. 46.1% is good only for 29th in the league.

- 14 giveways... are you kidding me? I don't even believe that stat is correct but just in case it is, this just shows why Kings under Terry Murray will not reach playoffs this season. Penguins have most giveaways in the league so far, 81 TOTAL in 17 games. Players were too wild (pun intended, they had 10 of them as well), reckless with the puck.

- The top earners on the team are doing nothing. When Colin Fraser is third star of the game, you know that something was wrong. With top guys loafing around and being lazy, no team can be successful.

I could go on with reality check for two hours, but I hope that you see the point. I'm a realist, that's how it IS.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:47 AM
Shellz

.......you put way too much effort. Way too obvious.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:52 AM
damacles1156

The Pens really have the most Give a way's so far ? Wow that is an eye opener.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:53 AM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
refuse to get excited until they do that for a couple of games in a row

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Another thought...on the PP...shouldn't your A unit be the best players? Why isn't Gagne on the A unit instead of Brown?

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:55 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

A lot of you won't like this, but that was classic Terry Murray hockey in the coach's 1000th game tonight.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:55 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Another thought...on the PP...shouldn't your A unit be the best players? Why isn't Gagne on the A unit instead of Brown?
Absolutely. It is supposed to be like that, but Kompon/Murray have no clue.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Gagne's on the second unit so that unit has two forwards who can score goals...a PP with Gagne/Kopitar/Richards would be a very perimeter based PP and ineffective.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:57 AM
Winger23

Quote:
If Penner is still out this week when the Ducks games arrive, does Richardson still stay on the second line? Or does help arrive from Manchester???

I don't usually agree with the coaching on this team, however I agree with Brown on the 1st unit. he's the only one really willing to take punishment in front of the net for screens.

What I don't like is Stoll and Hunter on the 2nd unit....

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:59 AM
Alternate Jersey

okay so Tuesday was the first game my fiancée and I went to this year. we sat in section 334 and won 4-3. tonight we went and sat in PR 16, and won 5-2. point being, you all need to buy my fiancée and I seats in the 100s if you want a win on Wednesday.

Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:02 AM
bobafettish*

does penner get scratched next game?

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:06 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Nice to score more than 2 goals for a change. Matt Greene... the Wild Killer!

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:17 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

I have to agree with others really like Fraser game so far... That's the kinda of stuff we need from a forth liner. He's really been a perfect 4th liner in his first two games. Finishing hits. Being physical and getting dirty goals. Hopefully he can keep it up.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Jersey Database didn't have Fraser made up ... had to make my own, and took a minute to edit it ... give me a break

Besides ... I miss Fro
I will let my friend know that a Colin Fraser jersey has been requested. I'll probably get told to F off in a text back, but it will be worth it.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:41 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Net presence. Gagne isn't going to go stand in front of/around the net on the PP.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:58 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Fraser has earned a spot for a few more games at least, which is more than I expected out of him. Nice little play by him to get that goal, it was needed from the bottom six in a big way.
So we are all square now?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:01 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Just caught the DVR of the game.

As someone else said, Fraser is exactly what the Kings need from a bottom 6 player. The goal is a bonus, but atleast he has shown he has a pulse, which is more than all the other guys. Hopefully it's not just adrenaline and he can actually add something to the bottom lines.

Good to see Martinez/Greene have a couple of good games, they need to build on it. That pairing was terrible, but they have been better the past few games.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:11 AM
Excellence

Send a message via MSN to Excellence
Hey Kings fans, got a question that's a bit off-topic but how's Simon Gagne been for you guys so far? I'm a pretty big fan of his, but due to work and school I haven't been able to watch him play really :/ Anyways if some of you could give a brief evaluation that would be great! Thanks a lot.

Excellence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:20 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
I will let my friend know that a Colin Fraser jersey has been requested. I'll probably get told to F off in a text back, but it will be worth it.
You know someone @ http://www.jerseydatabase.com ?

Tell them we (ME/Myself/I) could also use the NEW WHITE AWAY Jersey

http://www.jerseydatabase.com/team.p...es Kings&l=nhl

What I made up barely cuts it ...

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 04:06 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
does penner get scratched next game?
He injured his hand in the Vancouver game...the prognosis is he may be out a few more days (not games). He is not on injured reserve, leading one to believe he may come back against Anaheim.

Penner was just coming around. Don't be so harsh on the guy, we are going to need him if we are going to make a serious run this year.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 04:09 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence View Post
Hey Kings fans, got a question that's a bit off-topic but how's Simon Gagne been for you guys so far? I'm a pretty big fan of his, but due to work and school I haven't been able to watch him play really :/ Anyways if some of you could give a brief evaluation that would be great! Thanks a lot.
He had a lightning-quick start to the season, seemed to lose his concentration for a couple of weeks there, and seems to have got some of the spark back.

So I would say he has been somewhat inconsistent. I was hot on this guy when the season first started, I believe it was the St. Louis game where he got two goals and just missed a couple of chances at the hat trick, then couldn't handle the puck if his life depended upon it; for several games in a row there.

He's got six goals this year already, so he keeps that pace up we are going to have to start calling him Wayne. But I think the jury is still out...the guy has a wealth of talent, but he needs to concentrate more (IMO).

Anyway, that's my take.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 05:35 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

I liked Fraser's effort but what really stood out to me was the speed on the second unit with Richardson who is able to get back and put pressure on forwards down the middle when a turnover was made at the blue. Not to whine about Penner but the guy has no acceleration when needed. Richardson can keep up with his speed wich makes that line able to play the TM tactics in all zones. Penner can't do that and the second unit with Penner should play differently and TM has to see this and make changes to his system when Penner is in.

Who am I trying to fool here? TM recognize a malfunction?

How they should play I don't know, if anyone has a good suggestion I'm all ears.

But I know this. Penner can't play the way he is supposed to and it kills the line. Brown and Richards both have a habit to lose pucks in the offensive zone, that is the way they play taking some risks but Penner he has hard time to move forward and back again with speed. It's like an oiltanker trying to stop and turn. Richardson is not big and easy to push away but his speed is his biggest strength and it creates more than Penner has been able to so far.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 05:58 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

LA Kings Tame The Wild, 5-2; Jim Fox Honored During Second Intermission – Video

Frozen Royalty Audio: LA Kings Tame The Wild, 5-2; Jim Fox Honored During Second Intermission – Video

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote