HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor Hall's 20th

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-14-2011, 08:55 AM
  #1
Johnny Bravo
Avi until he's fired
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fire Eakins
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,440
vCash: 500
Taylor Hall's 20th

Now lets hope you can get your scoring touch back!

Johnny Bravo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:27 AM
  #2
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
Paying Off A Bet
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,092
vCash: 500
Yeah happy birthday to Taylor, hopefully when he blows out the candles on his cake he wishes for and gets some goals

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:35 AM
  #3
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Hopefully he goes on a tear and can put up 20 in his next 20 games. I'm getting sick of all this Tyler vs Taylor crap. Seems that it only ever comes out when Seguin is playing unreal and Hall either isn't playing or isn't putting up the same numbers.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:11 PM
  #4
windjackass
Hiss Hiss Hiss
 
windjackass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 384
vCash: 500
20 bucks to the first person to get a picture of Hall puking at the bar tonight.

windjackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:34 PM
  #5
TimeForAnOilChange
Can We Fold The Team
 
TimeForAnOilChange's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Just Shoot Me Please
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Hopefully he goes on a tear and can put up 20 in his next 20 games. I'm getting sick of all this Tyler vs Taylor crap. Seems that it only ever comes out when Seguin is playing unreal and Hall either isn't playing or isn't putting up the same numbers.
Yup, me too, and looking at Bostons sked, they have played 11 out of 15 games at home so far this year, lets see how he does after they go on their 1st big road trip, although they dont really have any big ones like the oilers just went through, the biggest one they have is in February, and even then, it isnt nearly the amount of travel or compressed sked as the oilers have, so its not really a fair comparison, since they barely ever go out of their own time zone. And we have another 4 gamer coming up that includes 2 back-to-backs.

And Happy 20th to you Taylor (must be nice to be that young again).

TimeForAnOilChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:58 PM
  #6
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down
 
oilers2k10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,394
vCash: 500
Why is everybody *****ing about all this travel? Its not like theyre sailing to europe, the 80s oilers seemed to have no problem with the travel..man the **** up

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:16 PM
  #7
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post
Why is everybody *****ing about all this travel? Its not like theyre sailing to europe, the 80s oilers seemed to have no problem with the travel..man the **** up
How about playing 3 games in 4 nights, 4 games in 6 nights all in different cities. On top of that they have to travel into 3 different time zones. The eastern teams have it way easy in regards to travel compared to the west. The east mostly play in their own time zone whereas the westen teams have 4 time zones. Only team not in the eastern time zone is Winnipeg but they'll be in the west next season.

__________________
"He just ate up Robyn Regehr for dinner, a spectacular play by Hemsky, and Robyn Regehr has got doo doo all over his face" - Rod Phillips call on Hemsky's goal vs the Flames
Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:25 PM
  #8
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down
 
oilers2k10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
How about playing 3 games in 4 nights, 4 games in 6 nights all in different cities. On top of that they have to travel into 3 different time zones. The eastern teams have it way easy in regards to travel compared to the west. The east mostly play in their own time zone whereas the westen teams have 4 time zones. Only team not in the eastern time zone is Winnipeg but they'll be in the west next season.
I dont buy any of that crap..these guys are professionals..they only play hockey..workout, and probably party too much..so they travel for what? Two-three hours a day? What about the rest of the time? Getting catered to..eating..napping..team bonding...then they go out and play max 28 minutes a night all while sipping gatorade, getting pre-game naps, post game massage therapy..partying, flying first class...omg! The time is one hour different! Ahhh! How are we gonna play the game we've loved since we were five tonight?!?!

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:48 PM
  #9
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post
I dont buy any of that crap..these guys are professionals..they only play hockey..workout, and probably party too much..so they travel for what? Two-three hours a day? What about the rest of the time? Getting catered to..eating..napping..team bonding...then they go out and play max 28 minutes a night all while sipping gatorade, getting pre-game naps, post game massage therapy..partying, flying first class...omg! The time is one hour different! Ahhh! How are we gonna play the game we've loved since we were five tonight?!?!
How about playing a game and playing in 4 different cities in 6 nights. Do you really think it's that easy to play hockey. Some of this trips are more than 2 hours and then play the next night.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:04 PM
  #10
Eirhead*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
How about playing a game and playing in 4 different cities in 6 nights. Do you really think it's that easy to play hockey. Some of this trips are more than 2 hours and then play the next night.
Man, if I was a star hockey player. I'd be buying up a couple mansions in Montreal and California. "Employ" a hot girl to live at each place, take care of it, keep the bar and refrigerator stocked and cook for you when you show up. Then depending on the road-trip you got a familiar face to visit, a 2nd home away from home and something to break up the monotony of Hoteling it night in and night out.

Might be an ill-conceived plan because I doubt they get much down time on the road, but hey, 4 days off in the winter? Fly out to california for a couple. Summer time? Take the party to Montreal!

And real-estate is typically a good investment. Tho, operating costs for a mansion can be rather high.

Eirhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:25 AM
  #11
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down
 
oilers2k10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,394
vCash: 500
How many times do you work a week? Five? Six times? Yeah it may not be the same physical job...but then again watch the oilers the last half dozen games or so..what was physical about that?
If theyre tired out playing THAT way then theyre a bunch of *******..it's what? 15-20 games into the season! This team will never survive in the playoffs if they use "we were tired" as an excuse..
Pathetic
Cmon birthday boy..drink up, party on..but don't ***** about being tired the next day

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:35 AM
  #12
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post
How many times do you work a week? Five? Six times? Yeah it may not be the same physical job...but then again watch the oilers the last half dozen games or so..what was physical about that?
If theyre tired out playing THAT way then theyre a bunch of *******..it's what? 15-20 games into the season! This team will never survive in the playoffs if they use "we were tired" as an excuse..
Pathetic
Cmon birthday boy..drink up, party on..but don't ***** about being tired the next day
So other teams get the fatigue excuse but the Oilers don't after playing in 4 different cities in 6 nights. Working 5 days a week and playing hockey are not the same thing.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:41 PM
  #13
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down
 
oilers2k10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
So other teams get the fatigue excuse but the Oilers don't after playing in 4 different cities in 6 nights. Working 5 days a week and playing hockey are not the same thing.
still not an excuse...you think that way and you try to find ways to justify loosing..its a loosers attitute.

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 08:12 PM
  #14
HallOfGreatness4
Registered User
 
HallOfGreatness4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 800
Happy bday Hallsy

HallOfGreatness4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.