HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Fire Renney

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2011, 06:53 AM
  #1
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars
 
t0psh3lfclu7ch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 684
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
Fire Renney

anyone else sick of his im so smart know it all attitude? this is hockey stick in the face crash bang the body missing teeth break our leg and play with it wrapped up in newspaper. not look at me im so smart i can analyze anything and give you the right answer, science research technology, and listening to myself sound smart every night game after game watch the video play the system.

this team is so talented it could and should coach its self.

then interview the captain after the game.

the team needs one of those guys who just lets the kids be kids.


fire renneY!!

t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 07:38 AM
  #2
stony
Registered User
 
stony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 98
vCash: 2800
Not sure what to say so I'll go with

stony is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 07:52 AM
  #3
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??
 
Ol' Jase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,699
vCash: 500
Just let a bunch a 18-22 year olds run amok without any accountability? Just brilliant!

Why didn't I think of that?

Ol' Jase is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 07:55 AM
  #4
MeestaDeteta
Registered User
 
MeestaDeteta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Saskazoo
Posts: 7,412
vCash: 139
Disagree. He's the right coach for this team for at least the rest of this season. Obviously these guys have the skill to play the game, but they don't know what it takes to win in this league yet.

MeestaDeteta is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 08:27 AM
  #5
windjackass
Hiss Hiss Hiss
 
windjackass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 384
vCash: 500
Not sure whether OP is drunk or a troll (or both)

windjackass is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 08:41 AM
  #6
harpoon
FOB
 
harpoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,366
vCash: 500
I assume this thread was made with tongue in cheek , but I'll say it anyway . No way on earth Renney gets fired .

- Renney played ball with the management rebuild and dutifully coached the team to a 30th place finish last year .

- team is loaded with players who have virtually nothing on their NHL resumes .

- team was picked by every hockey writer and broadcaster on the planet to finish in the lottery again this year .

Talk about setting the threshold for failure low .
Pretty much all he has to do is show up to work breathing and he's golden .

harpoon is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 08:43 AM
  #7
Nunymare
Rinse, repeat
 
Nunymare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,923
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Nunymare
Sigh. Can we start winning soon so these threads disappear?

Nunymare is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 08:49 AM
  #8
Tarpit*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cold North
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windjackass View Post
Not sure whether OP is drunk or a troll (or both)

Tarpit* is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 08:49 AM
  #9
copperaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
I see to much of MacT in Renneys defence first style this year. Being outshot almost every game and watching Horcoff run around in his own end,brings back bad memory's.

copperaddict is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 08:55 AM
  #10
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
Just let a bunch a 18-22 year olds run amok without any accountability? Just brilliant!

Why didn't I think of that?
Oh you mean like......the oilers of the early 80's?

Beerfish is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 09:00 AM
  #11
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,884
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Oh you mean like......the oilers of the early 80's?
Yes because we have the greatest NHLer to ever play the game on this current club.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 09:18 AM
  #12
OiledUp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 920
vCash: 500
Wow, the talent level of this team is vastly overrated. Potential? Yes. Top end quality? Hell no.

OiledUp is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 09:22 AM
  #13
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Yes because we have the greatest NHLer to ever play the game on this current club.
So that has what to do with the development question exactly?

We don't have gretzky thus you should totally change the way a group of young guys develop. You must have forgotten about Coffey, Messier, Anderson, Fuhr, Moog.

Beerfish is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 09:23 AM
  #14
Great One
Registered User
 
Great One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 522
vCash: 500
The only thing I don't like about what Renney has done this season is how he is not giving a couple of our young guys in Omark and Paajarvi a decent chance to get out of their funk. I understand Paajarvi has played alot of games this year but he's played most of the year on the third line with Belanger who hasn't been the most offensively minded forward we had all year, and lately he's been getting very little even strength time and zero pp time.

Also I think it was the right move to send Omark down if the coaching staff weren't gonna play him, but I think that if we continue playing poorly like we have in the last few games then it wouldn't hurt to recall Omark and put him back on a line with Paajarvi and perhaps Gagner or even RNH for a game or two to see if they can find some chemistry and get their game going again. It was hard to change things while we were playing well and winning games but we're on a little bit of a losing streak now and I think a little shakeup in the lineup would be a risk worth taking before it gets too out of hand.

Great One is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 09:23 AM
  #15
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Oh you mean like......the oilers of the early 80's?
Oh so Sather is over glorified because he was just a figurehead?

Reimer is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 09:29 AM
  #16
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledUp View Post
Wow, the talent level of this team is vastly overrated. Potential? Yes. Top end quality? Hell no.
Ummmm, okay. So because of a three game losing skid and Hall not putting up Seguin numbers means RNH and hall aren't top end potential? Haha, some of you need to step down from the ledge.

Reimer is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 10:00 AM
  #17
bucks_oil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Ummmm, okay. So because of a three game losing skid and Hall not putting up Seguin numbers means RNH and hall aren't top end potential? Haha, some of you need to step down from the ledge.
Ummm... Innocent bystander here, but I think you need to read that again. The poster agreed to potential, and is just saying these guys are not top-end quality... yet.

Which is true. A team this young cannot coach itself as was suggested. Renney is doing fine.

bucks_oil is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 10:26 AM
  #18
Tad Mikowsky
Retired
 
Tad Mikowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,464
vCash: 500
You know what Replacement?

You were right. Absolutely right.

Tad Mikowsky is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 10:56 AM
  #19
no doubt about it
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
Ummm... Innocent bystander here, but I think you need to read that again. The poster agreed to potential, and is just saying these guys are not top-end quality... yet.

Which is true. A team this young cannot coach itself as was suggested. Renney is doing fine.
A coach can only coach what is given to him. Right now he has a very young club with a sprinkle of vets. I think the people that say get rid of him should really take a step back and see what he has been teaching. This year is finally a year that there has been an outlet pass open to the D man. So that means that there is a system starting to be put in place. It's like watering plants . You have to nurture them/water them and give them time to grow before they bear fruit. Until then Renney will continue to teach and the team will continue to grow. A different coach with a different approach may be an answer in the future but for now now let it be.

no doubt about it is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 10:58 AM
  #20
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: uOttawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,645
vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
So that has what to do with the development question exactly?

We don't have gretzky thus you should totally change the way a group of young guys develop. You must have forgotten about Coffey, Messier, Anderson, Fuhr, Moog.
The game has changed. You can't let guys develop on their own now, you need to have a good coach and a good system to compete. Accountability and coaching can make or break a player's attitude and development.

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 11:32 AM
  #21
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Oh so Sather is over glorified because he was just a figurehead?
Sather put the young kids out there day one, if they screwed up they still got sent out, they screwed up again they still got sent out. He berated them when needed, patted them on the head when needed but he let them play and grow up together.

In this era people are so terrified of 'exposing' young players and not wanting to live with the errors they slow development. In the end you learn by doing, not watching.

Currently we are not playing just to develop but also to try and win now with 'safer' players.

Beerfish is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 11:34 AM
  #22
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
The game has changed. You can't let guys develop on their own now, you need to have a good coach and a good system to compete. Accountability and coaching can make or break a player's attitude and development.
I don't think it has changed as much as people think. What you say is correct as far as how teams develop players but should it be correct?

If you don't see the ice under certain situations you have no chance to be accountable. By far the biggest problem with 'accountability' with the oilers over the last few years is it is selective accountability.

Beerfish is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 11:41 AM
  #23
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0psh3lfclu7ch View Post
anyone else sick of his im so smart know it all attitude? this is hockey stick in the face crash bang the body missing teeth break our leg and play with it wrapped up in newspaper. not look at me im so smart i can analyze anything and give you the right answer, science research technology, and listening to myself sound smart every night game after game watch the video play the system.

this team is so talented it could and should coach its self.

then interview the captain after the game.

the team needs one of those guys who just lets the kids be kids.


fire renneY!!
I deleted a longer post--but in a nut shell

the IQ on this board crashes on a daily basis

__________________
trying to fend off exwife number 2
45000/010113
GO SHARKS GO
jumptheshark is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 12:10 PM
  #24
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 500
Fire Renney? Why is the team underacheiving?

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 12:46 PM
  #25
rec28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,984
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to rec28
I swear to god, I get stupider with each new thread I read on this board.

rec28 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.