HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

The Saint Mikael Granlund hypetrain part 2 (saucer passes turning to wine!)

Old
12-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Latex*
DM is good

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamuz View Post
very good shift from him ended with him scoring on a rebound, im sure a video will be soon of it
Not on a rebound. Ridiculous goaltending gaffe by Tuohimaa.

What was he thinking?!

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:40 PM
thomast

Granlund has 4-5 shot blocks in this game.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Haite
x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Granlund has 4-5 shot blocks in this game.
Too bad blocked shots in SM-liiga aren't properly listed anywhere.

Haite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Zamuz

Redirection by Granlund less than 2 minutes to go and gives his team a lead. 2+0 today

Zamuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:49 PM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
Too bad blocked shots in SM-liiga aren't properly listed anywhere.
Yeah it's bigger thing in NA and definetly should be in europe aswell. Granlund 2 goals 4-5 shots blocked. Best player of the game for sure.

Old
12-05-2011, 01:50 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Redirection by Granlund less than 2 minutes to go and gives his team a lead. 2+0 today
He always seems to go 2+0 or 0+3 or something like that. He never goes 1+1 or 1+2 or something.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Granlund is tearing it up right now. He has 8 goals in his past 8 games, seems like he is starting to go for the shot more often now and that pleases me very much.

He has to be a threat to score in the NHL if he wants to get those assists.

Its just awesome though, how can 19 year old kid be the best forward in the entire league continues to amaze me.

Reikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 02:10 PM
YARR123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns4Norris View Post
He always seems to go 2+0 or 0+3 or something like that. He never goes 1+1 or 1+2 or something.
You know, sometimes you want to drink a coke, sometimes a sprite, you don't want to mix them together, tastes horrible

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 02:35 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
You know, sometimes you want to drink a coke, sometimes a sprite, you don't want to mix them together, tastes horrible
I've actually mixed coke and sprite before. It's not that bad.

Also, I've mixed blue powerade and orange juice. That's pretty good too.

Old
12-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Loffer

Granlund, Granlund, Granlund--- simply amazing. I didn't know he can score goals like nothing. 14 goals in 28 games, that's quite well for a playmaker. If it were possible it would be just right time to move on and go to the NHL now. He is as ready as he can be - before he is ready.

Loffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Grigo25*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffer View Post
Granlund, Granlund, Granlund--- simply amazing. I didn't know he can score goals like nothing. 14 goals in 28 games, that's quite well for a playmaker. If it were possible it would be just right time to move on and go to the NHL now. He is as ready as he can be - before he is ready.
easy to score goals against inferior players. See Rundblad, David

Grigo25* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 02:59 PM
jaeger

Quote:
That's the way he plays. In the morning when he wakes up he's like "ok, maybe a couple of assists today" or "could put up a goal or two tonight". He just decides what's he's going to do and does it.

jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 03:00 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigo25 View Post
Literally think you just overtook the guy you quoted as the most negative poster on these boards when it comes to Granlund.

Old
12-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Yes, these sorts of productive seasons from 19-20 year olds happens every year.

Not.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 03:15 PM
YARR123

Quote:
there there, there there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns4Norris
I've actually mixed coke and sprite before. It's not that bad.

Also, I've mixed blue powerade and orange juice. That's pretty good too.
I've never tried that, gotta try that

Coke and sprite mixed is so 1990's.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Loffer

Quote:
Yes, it seems to be the case. Very impressive for a 19 yrs old.

Old
12-05-2011, 04:21 PM
f1nn

Send a message via AIM to f1nn
niiiiice night by granlund... btw gotta say you guys are t6oo hard on fluttering "loffer" saucerpass.. he's made some legit points recently so lets listen before we bash eh?

f1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 05:18 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:

Easy to score against inferior players.

Apparently Granlund got bored to assist goals and decided to score some instead.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 05:28 PM
WayneBruce

Quote:
Literally think you just overtook the guy you quoted as the most negative poster on these boards when it comes to Granlund.
He hates Granlund and Rundblad. Check the Rundblad - Orlov.......comparison thread. Russian extremist

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Loffer

Quote:
Kudos for that. I happily step aside. Yes, I'm on Granlund's bandwagon now.

Quote:
niiiiice night by granlund... btw gotta say you guys are t6oo hard on fluttering "loffer" saucerpass.. he's made some legit points recently so lets listen before we bash eh?
Yup. His saucer passes are just terrible. No wonder he has grown weary of assisting goals by such ugly fluttering passes and focuses on scoring goals instead. Keep it up, MG.

Last edited by Loffer: 12-05-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old
12-05-2011, 08:16 PM
SaekkiPaelli

Quote:
Wow, i can't believe you just said that. Did you even see his 2 assists, both were amazing saucers to Immonen.
Quote:
There is alot of holes in your argument. 5pt in 3 games (QF, SF and final) which included Russia , norway and sweden. Only 2 pts against Norway? Rest 3pts against Sweden and Russia which is impressive. I'll rank playoff points ahead group stage points. We have to remember that we got ass beaten in game against Norway until Granlund stepped up and made game winning plays. That norway wasn't crappy team. They won sweden and without Granlund finland would be the losing team in that game.

I did in fact watch the whole game. First of, the passes weren't that great, didn't require any special vision or cleverness, good passes, but not great. They were pretty precise though. And the fact that he was able to make the same play twice tells you something about the team Norway not Granlunds greatness. I'm not denying that they were good passes, just exaggerated in greatness, like almost everything concerning MG.

Secondly, the points against Norway=group stage points. It's already well known that sweden isn't great in group stages, so not a big surprise Norway beat them. And just in general, they are not a team that has the material to play well against top teams that are playing at their normal level.

Just remember people, he isn't a top 15 scorer in the NHL yet.

SaekkiPaelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 04:40 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaekkiPaelli View Post
I did in fact watch the whole game. First of, the passes weren't that great, didn't require any special vision or cleverness, good passes, but not great. They were pretty precise though. And the fact that he was able to make the same play twice tells you something about the team Norway not Granlunds greatness. I'm not denying that they were good passes, just exaggerated in greatness, like almost everything concerning MG.

Secondly, the points against Norway=group stage points. It's already well known that sweden isn't great in group stages, so not a big surprise Norway beat them. And just in general, they are not a team that has the material to play well against top teams that are playing at their normal level.

Just remember people, he isn't a top 15 scorer in the NHL yet.
Did you watch the game? We had serious problem against norway until granlund stepped up. They had like 2-3x more goalscoring chances than Finland. Finland first goal was crucial for that game. How about 3 pts against Russia , sweden. You have problems to answer that. And btw points against norway at QF>group stage points easily. If you watched the game why can't you remember how Norway and Bastiansen rolled over us until Granlund assisted 1st goal.

Last edited by thomast: 12-06-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old
12-06-2011, 06:12 AM
Loffer

What and why are you arguing here? Granlund's two assists were important at QF game. He seems to step up in when needed most. That's his other big asset. The ability to excel in tight situations under pressure and his elite hockey sense are the two characteristics which make him a special player. No wonder he was one of the key players in WC playoffs. Should his passes always be something spectacular, then? Of course not. But more often than not they are good. Sufficient, at least, like in that QF game.

Old
12-06-2011, 06:45 AM
thomast

Quote:
What and why are you arguing here? Granlund's two assists were important at QF game. He seems to step up in when needed most. That's his other big asset. The ability to excel in tight situations under pressure and his elite hockey sense are the two characteristics which make him a special player. No wonder he was one of the key players in WC playoffs. Should his passes always be something spectacular, then? Of course not. But more often than not they are good. Sufficient, at least, like in that QF game.
Other poster argued that Granlunds 2 assists against Norway wasn't impressive.

I say it again, that team Norway was good. Definetly not a bad team. They won Sweden, Switzerland. Lost to Usa by 2 goals and wasn't far from winning that game. Lost to Canada by 1 Goal and was close to tie it at the end. Finland was nothing against Norway until Granlund stepped up and that relaxed team Finland. Granlund made plays which boosted whole teams game and he leaded by example which made his teammates work harder.

Old
12-06-2011, 07:50 AM
SaekkiPaelli

Quote:
Quote:
Other poster argued that Granlunds 2 assists against Norway wasn't impressive.

I say it again, that team Norway was good. Definetly not a bad team. They won Sweden, Switzerland. Lost to Usa by 2 goals and wasn't far from winning that game. Lost to Canada by 1 Goal and was close to tie it at the end. Finland was nothing against Norway until Granlund stepped up and that relaxed team Finland. Granlund made plays which boosted whole teams game and he leaded by example which made his teammates work harder.
@Loffer: the fact that I said they weren't super passes, was an answer to the other poster. I'm not saying you have to make great passes all the time or ever in fact. The important thing is to get the puck in the net. The fact remains that against Norway it was Immonen who saved the game not Granlund, he did help a lot though. With the goals, the greater achievement was the shot not the pass that's why I said the passes weren't especially great. Any top 2 team center in the NHL would have put them through.

Again, Sweden and Canada both tend to play below par in group stages. So, it's no big surprise Sweden lost to Norway. Canada and the USA won, I don't see how you can use that as an argument. Watched the USA - Norway game and USA dominated pretty much the whole game. Switzerland is always a roller coaster, they beat Canada and lose to France or something.

Someone bashed Pääjärvi for only getting points in the group stages. People forget that if everyone only gets points in playoffs, the team will never make the playoffs. And this year, Finland for example had only one easy game in group stage, which was against Denmark. So I wouldn't say group <<< playoff.

I will say this, he had a great game against Norway, really great game against Russia, and a good game against Sweden. And in that tournament he was the second best player for Finland, close to best. But again big rink. I won't be singing praises on rooftops until he dominates NHL or Olympics. The WC are not even close to the same level as Olympics or World Cup. And it's a known fact that Canadians don't really care about WC and USA never have a good team in WC. The win against Russia was impressive though, they had a good team. Sweden was also missing their best players hands down. Czechs had a pretty good team.

And I'm not saying he is bad player, in fact he is a great player. However, he is still one of the most overrated players on hfboards. People think of him as a God around here, especially Finns. Let us just wait and see what he does in the NHL before going completely nuts with praise.

SaekkiPaelli is offline   Reply With Quote