Jaffray, Kulda recalled

Old
11-13-2011, 10:54 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

vCash: 500
jaffray?....really?

will the moose noose ever come loose?

i can understand giving moose fans all the season tickets as a reward, but i draw the line at rewarding their journeyman minor leaguers with time in the NHL....is mike keane available to suit up?

he and mcardle will make a dynamic duo.

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 10:58 PM
dgorsk

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
jaffray?....really?

i can understand giving moose fans all the season tickets as a reward, but i draw the line at rewarding their journeyman minor leaguers with time in the NHL....is mike keane available to suit up?

really?? whatever your smoking give me some please.

dgorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 12:01 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
Please.. I understand buying into a new system can be difficult, but it shouldn't affect your basic hockey IQ. Watching the Ladd, Little, Wheeler line skating around, not being able accept a pass, not knowing where the puck will end up, not knowing when to go infront of the net.. all basic hockey knowledge. I mean.. I've never seen a team take SOOO many shots from BEHIND center during a dump in and ice the puck. At least 4 times a game some idiot dumps in 10 feet from being close to center. You can't tell me that is a system failure.
Great point, Noel talked at the beginning of the season about what a smart group this was, yada, yada, was he comparing it to an AHL team?

I see a lot of really dumb plays by some of the guys on the team (usually the same ones) that you just don't see players on other teams making. Way to many icing calls against the Jets, poor efforts on PK's where they tap at the puck instead of firing it down the ice, shots from the point on the PP when the forwards are not down low or set yet.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 12:08 AM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorsk View Post
really?? whatever your smoking give me some please.
jimmy roy is only 36...they should track him down too..

edit....ha....i had no idea that he's actually the director of player development....

moose noose.

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 01:38 AM
teucer

I think you guys are giving Noel too much crap. Let the guy finish out the season before you judge him. Most if not all the players on the team... who were with Thrashers last season should be playing way better games.

Regardless of who their coach is, you don't need a coach to tell you how to score if you have been in the NHL for 5+ seasons. Games are situational and practice can only help so much.

teucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:16 AM
AF1982
Jet(s) Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungman View Post
They're also taking a longer view of player development IMO. For these younger players there is still atbthisnpoint more benefit to playing more minutes in the A than here, so you see the older A guys coming up to play smaller minutes in the bigs while the young guys get to develop on the farm.

Long term guys, long term.
My speech. You can expand on the development point and reverse it for the veterans. Jaffray, Flood or Festerling won't develop much (at all?) while playing in the AHL. As a consequence, they are better suited for the call-up, also based on pro-hockey experience.

P.S. I like the call-ups. Can't wait to see AK.

AF1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Roooski

Jaffray is the perfect call up right now. He has been playing with intensity and the energy level we need to inject into our lineup right now. Every is quick to jump on scoring but the fact is we don't have anyone that is going to come in and score 4 goals a night to win us games. The team is working with what we have which is a line up of gritty grinders who aren't all grinding now.

Roooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:23 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
I've watched these players for a couple years. I know they are hockey smart. I'm beginning to think that they don't buy into the system and are either confused about what they should be doing or just trying to do what they want to do, which is why everyone is out of sync.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. 5 coaches in 5 years with young players. Without gutting the team like Florida, it's going to be a long time until this team can stay consistently good.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:40 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. 5 coaches in 5 years with young players. Without gutting the team like Florida, it's going to be a long time until this team can stay consistently good.
This had me concerned as well. It could take awhile.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:52 AM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
jaffray?....really?

I expect Jaffray to replace McArdle in the lineup.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote