HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Colorado Avalanche @ Pittsburgh Penguins|Tuesday 11.15|5:30 PM|Geno We Gonna Lose

Old
11-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Adama0905

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsWraith View Post
Yeah, but look what they are paying for? It's like giving someone a bunch of money to kick you in the balls with a steel-toed boot. As long as the organization is making money, they really have no reason to change anything. Happened with the Rockies for years.
Look at the facts - the coach that everyone hates is only two years removed from a Jack Adams nomination, the team that everyone thinks was so awful last season only got so awful once they got kicked in the ass by injuries in January last season (before that they were projecting out to be a third, fourth place team), and the team that everyone thinks is so awful this year got off to a 5-1 start and hasn't exactly lost 10 games in a row, they've only been mildly mediocre.

You guys are so prone to hyperbole that you're talking yourselves in to actually believing that this is some crazy awful team. In reality, they are a hot streak away from throwing themselves right back in to the talk of the town.

Calm down.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 06:47 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
This one is going to be UGLY.

Like... 6-1 Pens or so.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 06:54 PM
agentblack

vCash: 70
Did they confirm Crosby for this game? I can almost guarantee if he does come back he gets 2+2, perfect team for SD and the pens to play right now.

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 07:05 PM
AvsWraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Look at the facts - the coach that everyone hates is only two years removed from a Jack Adams nomination, the team that everyone thinks was so awful last season only got so awful once they got kicked in the ass by injuries in January last season (before that they were projecting out to be a third, fourth place team), and the team that everyone thinks is so awful this year got off to a 5-1 start and hasn't exactly lost 10 games in a row, they've only been mildly mediocre.

You guys are so prone to hyperbole that you're talking yourselves in to actually believing that this is some crazy awful team. In reality, they are a hot streak away from throwing themselves right back in to the talk of the town.

Calm down.
You do know that the only reason Sacco got a Jack Adams nomination is because Craig Anderson played out of his mind good, right? Every other team he has coached besides that year have been awful.

Yeah, those injuries were brutal. However, our two best players still managed to play the majority of the games. Let's go over it:

Staz - 74 games played
Duchene -80 games played
Jones - 77 games played
Hejduk - 71 games played
Liles - 76 games played
ect.

Gali, Foote, Mueller, and Quincey were the major injuries they had to deal with. Instead of injuries, my argument would've been about the defense and goaltending. Or, how about the players quitting on their Jack Adams nominated coach, allowing them to play the most passionless and disgusting hockey I've seen in Franchise history!

Want to know why everyone thinks they are awful? It's because we watched them last year, and they still seem the same. Still getting completely owned by our division, still getting owned by our most hated former rivals, and the not giving a damn until the game is all but over thing is really fun to watch. Those things are more than enough to justify the negativity found here.

I'll calm down when management actually shows that they care about the state of the team.

AvsWraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:

Calm down.
Valid point, but I just don't see this team, ever getting into a "hot streak." Just not enough dynamic players, especially on offense.

I have a feeling we'll win this won just because we're not supposed to win this one. Of course, since I just said that...we'll probably lose.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 07:18 PM
AvsWraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
No one is forcing them to go to the games, Just like no one is forcing anybody here to watch the games. If people don't like the product on the ice, don't watch the game it's pretty simple. After every loss there are a handful people saying they don't care anymore, threatening to not watch the avs for awhile and how they're going to watch some other team(it's usually the same people).

This isn't direct at you avswraith btw.
Once you are that invested, you can't just not watch or go. The team becomes a part of who you are, or at least it has for me.

AvsWraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 07:43 PM
agentblack

I hate to admit it, but I opted for once not to watch the Avs but more because it had to do with who they were playing. Then i thought, well let me at least check the score. 3-0 after the first period. I couldnt help but laugh. IDK what the flames do to this team, its unreal.
But back on OT, any updates on Mueller?

Old
11-13-2011, 08:04 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Cant imagine this game being competitive. Pascal Dupuis is gonna chew Johnson up

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 08:10 PM
foppagirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
I hate to admit it, but I opted for once not to watch the Avs but more because it had to do with who they were playing. Then i thought, well let me at least check the score. 3-0 after the first period. I couldnt help but laugh. IDK what the flames do to this team, its unreal.
But back on OT, any updates on Mueller?
Injury updates for you all.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_19325236

Avalanche coach Joe Sacco said Saturday that winger Peter Mueller is "probable" to join the team on its two- game road trip this week through Pittsburgh and Minnesota.
Mueller, out since the third game of the season from recurring concussion symptoms, took part in all aspects of the team's morning skate Saturday but didn't play against the Calgary Flames.

Avs forward Brandon Yip (broken right forearm) did stick-handling work the last two days, and while it's unlikely he'll go on an upcoming two-game road trip, sometime soon after that would appear likely for a return to the lineup.
"It's been frustrating," Yip said. "But it's great to be back out there with the guys, doing things in practice."

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 08:32 PM
Rhaego

The negativity on this board is really depressing

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsWraith View Post
You do know that the only reason Sacco got a Jack Adams nomination is because Craig Anderson played out of his mind good, right? Every other team he has coached besides that year have been awful.

Yeah, those injuries were brutal. However, our two best players still managed to play the majority of the games. Let's go over it:

Staz - 74 games played
Duchene -80 games played
Jones - 77 games played
Hejduk - 71 games played
Liles - 76 games played
ect.

Gali, Foote, Mueller, and Quincey were the major injuries they had to deal with. Instead of injuries, my argument would've been about the defense and goaltending. Or, how about the players quitting on their Jack Adams nominated coach, allowing them to play the most passionless and disgusting hockey I've seen in Franchise history!

Want to know why everyone thinks they are awful? It's because we watched them last year, and they still seem the same. Still getting completely owned by our division, still getting owned by our most hated former rivals, and the not giving a damn until the game is all but over thing is really fun to watch. Those things are more than enough to justify the negativity found here.

I'll calm down when management actually shows that they care about the state of the team.
I'm not saying Sacco was an Adams finalist rightfully. Just saying management sees that and is reluctant to fire the guy.

And we'll just have to agree to disagree. Personally I don't think the team is the problem - it's the coaching. I think we're in the position to have a season with a good coach and then judge from that what sort of changes to the roster we need to make. So yep, I think it sucks management won't change coaches. But such is life.

Old
11-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
Injury updates for you all.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_19325236

Avalanche coach Joe Sacco said Saturday that winger Peter Mueller is "probable" to join the team on its two- game road trip this week through Pittsburgh and Minnesota.
Mueller, out since the third game of the season from recurring concussion symptoms, took part in all aspects of the team's morning skate Saturday but didn't play against the Calgary Flames.

Avs forward Brandon Yip (broken right forearm) did stick-handling work the last two days, and while it's unlikely he'll go on an upcoming two-game road trip, sometime soon after that would appear likely for a return to the lineup.
"It's been frustrating," Yip said. "But it's great to be back out there with the guys, doing things in practice."
Too bad Yip's injury limits the only thing that is good about him IMO...I've more or less scratched both those guys out of any future roster plans pretty much.

Old
11-13-2011, 09:17 PM
agentblack

I didnt see last game, was Mcclement still scratched?

Old
11-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
I didnt see last game, was Mcclement still scratched?
Yup.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 09:31 PM
agentblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Yup.
Is he hurt or something?, I would think after last game having Porter in instead of JayMc
wasnt the best idea.

Old
11-13-2011, 09:46 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Is he hurt or something?, I would think after last game having Porter in instead of JayMc
wasnt the best idea.
Nope...not hurt as far as we know...that's just the genius of our very own Coach Joe Sacco...he believes that he's playing the players that give him the best chance to win...

I'm no McClement apologist, but he'll always be a better option than Kevin porter...nothing personal against porter, he appears to work very hard, but he's not skilled enough for the top 2 lines and not physical enough for the bottom 2 lines

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Pirate Deadpool
Sacco must go

vCash: 130
Quote:
wasnt the best idea.
Maybe because Jay McRib sucks? But I still think he's more valuable than porter.

Pirate Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 09:52 PM
avacol

Quote:
wasnt the best idea.
I think McClement has been awful. I've lost track of how many times he bobbled a pass or lost possession of the puck because he can't stickhandle. That being said, he is better than porter and I expect to see him in the line up for this game.

avacol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 10:13 PM
agentblack

I really hope they show up and play well, which is a tall task against PIT, and thats without Crosby. I just dont want Sidey to rack up a 4 or 5 point on us his first game back and have to read it on NHL.com on what an amazing comeback for Crosby this is, with highlight reels playing all over the place for weeks. Esp. if Varly is playing. This could be a recipe for disaster.
But on a slight positive at lease Dutch is playing well.

Last edited by agentblack: 11-13-2011 at 10:54 PM. Reason: trying to find something positive about this team right now.
Old
11-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Mouse21*

this is a 100% guaranteed loss. the Avs have absolutely zero chance of even competing with this team.

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 10:51 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
5-2 Avs. Stastny and Duchene with 3 points each.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 10:54 PM
agentblack

Its definitely possible they'll get hammered, OR if its announced that Crosby comes back on Tuesday the Avs could use the distraction and media circus that would ensue to their advantage. Crosby probably, (unlikely cause he's a witch) wont be at top form. The team will lose its focus and not be as sharp cause theyll be worried about Crosby getting hit or trying to get him the puck so he can make a play or what have you.

Old
11-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Mouse21*

if Crosby is back, honestly id like to see him do well.

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

Quote:
Where's your logic behind that...? I mean, if you want to root for them to lose, at least pick a year where we have a pick...
My logic is that I want to get rid of Joe Sacco.
There's no way we'll ever be successful with him so I rather take one or two more losses and see him gone than let him win 1,2 games now and he stays and in the end we will suck anyways.

Kschey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 01:21 AM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschey View Post
My logic is that I want to get rid of Joe Sacco.
There's no way we'll ever be successful with him so I rather take one or two more losses and see him gone than let him win 1,2 games now and he stays and in the end we will suck anyways.
1 or 2? You're gonna need a lot more losses than that.