HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD2012 rules discussion thread (see post 169 for the latest proposed rules)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-09-2011, 03:42 PM
  #76
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,727
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Do we have a date set yet? Or a target date? I was thinking clock will officially start January 14th, but people can make picks starting January 12th or so? Also, when do we want to start sign-ups? I'd prefer to get the list of GMs together sooner rather than later so we can determine the draft order. Once that's done, I can play my drafting strategy.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:55 PM
  #77
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Do we have a date set yet? Or a target date? I was thinking clock will officially start January 14th, but people can make picks starting January 12th or so? Also, when do we want to start sign-ups? I'd prefer to get the list of GMs together sooner rather than later so we can determine the draft order. Once that's done, I can play my drafting strategy.
agreed , this won't hurt the current AA draft anyway , I also want to know my rank in the draft sooner than later , so I could start looking at some players that should be available around my 3 first picks.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:32 PM
  #78
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 40,105
vCash: 500
The HOH Top defensemen project will have selected our Top 30 by Christmas. We'll extend the next round because of the holidays. By Jan 12, we will be through our top 40 with 4 rounds (4 weeks) to go.

The first few rounds of the ATD usually take about about a week.

So we will be doing round 4 of the ATD around the same time the HOH board will be finishing up the top defensemen project.

I would prefer to push back the start of the ATD at least a week - Jan 19/21 at the earliest. And even then we run the possiblitiy of conflicts (though they aren't guaranteed like they would be with a Jan 12/14 start to the ATD).

(I was assuming a start time for the ATD at the end of January when setting up the time table for the defensemen project).


Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 12-09-2011 at 06:38 PM.
TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:37 PM
  #79
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 40,105
vCash: 500
Did we decide what we are doing about trades? We should have a good idea of at least our options before starting to recruit people.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:49 PM
  #80
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,295
vCash: 500
It doesn't matter when we start , we should have the teams and draft order ready before it.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 07:31 PM
  #81
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,727
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
I'm for allowing trades(no limit) and having an oversight committee that can veto very bad trades.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 09:43 PM
  #82
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 40,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
I'm for allowing trades(no limit) and having an oversight committee that can veto very bad trades.
This would be my preference.

Well, either that or no trades, but if the majority wants trades, I'm all for having no restrictions other than the ability to veto really bad trades.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 04:36 PM
  #83
Leaf Lander
Registered User
 
Leaf Lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BWO Headquarters
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
trades are fine just get them done within the first hr of your clock

Leaf Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 08:23 PM
  #84
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 40,105
vCash: 500
Is there anyone who still wants to prohibit trading on the clock?

It's so easy to get around now (just negotiate with another GM while on the clock and then pick the player he wants) that I don't see the point.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:46 PM
  #85
seventieslord
Moderator
 
seventieslord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Is there anyone who still wants to prohibit trading on the clock?

It's so easy to get around now (just negotiate with another GM while on the clock and then pick the player he wants) that I don't see the point.
agree. it can't be prohibited, but when it is being done deliberately, it is obvious. Why not just do like we did before and have a clock violation penalty for it?

seventieslord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:26 AM
  #86
markrander87
Registered User
 
markrander87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
I'm for allowing trades(no limit) and having an oversight committee that can veto very bad trades.
This for me as well.

markrander87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:54 AM
  #87
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 40,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
agree. it can't be prohibited, but when it is being done deliberately, it is obvious. Why not just do like we did before and have a clock violation penalty for it?
Yeah sure, trading allowed on the clock, but you get an hour deducted just like if you missed your clock. Works for me.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 04:46 PM
  #88
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,295
vCash: 500
I think a 5 trades limit would do more good than bad.It's enough to accomplish what trades are suppose to accomplish in the ATD and enough to stop the thing from becoming unfair for GMs that don't trade.

To be honest I don't really care so just do what you guys feel like doing and I'll be ok with it.

Someone also had an idea last year that every trade must be 1 - 4 vs 2 - 3 or something like that.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 01:33 PM
  #89
Stoneberg
Bored
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,672
vCash: 500
I'm for unlimmited trading with a committee to review the deals, and the time reduction for trades while on the clock.

What happens when a lopsided deal is made with a pick on the clock, and a string of picks are made after it, before the committee can get together to veto it?

Stoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:02 PM
  #90
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 40,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneberg View Post
I'm for unlimmited trading with a committee to review the deals, and the time reduction for trades while on the clock.

What happens when a lopsided deal is made with a pick on the clock, and a string of picks are made after it, before the committee can get together to veto it?
Good point.

I guess it would be the same thing that happens when a lopsided deal is made right before someone goes on the clock and a string of picks are made afterwards - a total ****show. I can't think of any way around that (other than don't make idiotic trades); can anyone else?

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:56 PM
  #91
Hobnobs
Pinko
 
Hobnobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,390
vCash: 500
Veto the trade and both GMs gets a next round picks moved to last place.

Hobnobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:55 PM
  #92
Leafs Forever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,786
vCash: 500
As far as lopsided trade that get made on the clock; I'd say just veto the trade, and the GM who originally held the pick has to get saddled with whatever player is chosen.

Harsh, but should discourage GMs from: A. Making trades on the clock and B. Making trades likely to get veto-ed.

Leafs Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:45 PM
  #93
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,727
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
I'd say just rewind the draft to that pick because if you don't, then the GMs after are going to be severely pissed, especially if it happens early in the draft when there are discernible differences between every single pick. Say something like this happens:

1. GM 1 trades to GM4(in a lopsided trade)-selects Jari Kurri
2. GM 2-selects Boris Mikhailov
3. GM 3-selects Sergei Makarov

Committee deems the trade to be illegal and nulls it, making Jari Kurri eligible to be drafted again. Then, GMs 2 & 3 would be mad because maybe they wanted to draft Kurri, and didn't think he was available, and settled for a lesser option. Rewind the draft, GM 1 makes his pick(could pick Kurri, could pick someone else) and then the draft resumes from there. It's time consuming and annoying, but it's the only fair way if you ask me.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:57 PM
  #94
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 40,105
vCash: 500
I think they should be stuck with whoever they drafted. They can always re-do a trade that isn't lopsided.

Now that I think about it, I don't like the 5 trade limit, only for administration reasons. It was hard enough keeping track of who made 3 trades last time.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:30 PM
  #95
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 40,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
I'd say just rewind the draft to that pick because if you don't, then the GMs after are going to be severely pissed, especially if it happens early in the draft when there are discernible differences between every single pick. Say something like this happens:

1. GM 1 trades to GM4(in a lopsided trade)-selects Jari Kurri
2. GM 2-selects Boris Mikhailov
3. GM 3-selects Sergei Makarov

Committee deems the trade to be illegal and nulls it, making Jari Kurri eligible to be drafted again. Then, GMs 2 & 3 would be mad because maybe they wanted to draft Kurri, and didn't think he was available, and settled for a lesser option. Rewind the draft, GM 1 makes his pick(could pick Kurri, could pick someone else) and then the draft resumes from there. It's time consuming and annoying, but it's the only fair way if you ask me.
Does GM 1 get a brand new clock when all this happens? I guess this is the fairest thing, but man, the grumbling about slowing down the draft...

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:56 PM
  #96
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,727
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Does GM 1 get a brand new clock when all this happens? I guess this is the fairest thing, but man, the grumbling about slowing down the draft...
I hadn't thought about that aspect. Uhhh, how about half of what the normal clock is? Slowing down the draft is never a good thing, but if I were to guess this draft is going to be more around 30-34, rather than 40. I don't think finishing in a decent time is going to be a real issue if this is the rule.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 08:15 AM
  #97
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,295
vCash: 500
Shouldn't we start the sign-up soon?

Who is taking care of this ATD in general?

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 01:33 PM
  #98
Leaf Lander
Registered User
 
Leaf Lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BWO Headquarters
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
still no general just soldiers eh

Leaf Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 06:47 PM
  #99
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
Shouldn't we start the sign-up soon?

Who is taking care of this ATD in general?
I agree. Been a year since the last sign up? Lets get it on.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 07:03 PM
  #100
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
I agree. Been a year since the last sign up? Lets get it on.
leaf lander started a thread just sign up right away if you plan on participating

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.