HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Updates 2011-2012 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
http://www.elitserienplay.se/video.1....1275229669001

His shot through defenders legs at 1 minute and shootout attempt at 2:11

Old
11-14-2011, 05:41 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
The people who thought he was taken high at 21
So..... everyone?

Old
11-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
I still maintain that Noesen will be our best player from that draft and a huge fan favourite. The people who thought he was taken high at 21 will have a feast of crows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
So..... everyone?
Yes. There is no sense in a scouting staff ever selecting a player well ahead of his placement on NHL CS' list as it's fanbase will collectively mock the pick.

They took Noesen because of how annoying he is to play against and the most the pick could fail is to get a 3rd line player that is hard to play against. Players with defining qualities have upside and Noesen's one of those players that always seems to be on your ass.

Old
11-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Noesen will not be better than Zibanejad, Puempel, Prince and Pageau.

Old
11-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Because CJam said sooooo!!!!

Old
11-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

Quote:
I actually see him as a key piece of this team down the road when were a contender...given his aggressive style of play...and his projected low end being a Max Lapierre type...and his ceiling being something along the lines of Corey Perryesque.

Last edited by Shanny: 11-14-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old
11-14-2011, 06:11 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

It'll be close between Zibanejad and Noesen but Pageau, Puempel and Prince are long shots to make the NHL. Noesen will be a regular on the Sens by 2013-2014.

Old
11-14-2011, 06:25 PM
Minister of Offence

Puempel and Prince long shots?

We had both rated in the 1st round, Puempel was probably close to 15. I like Prince's chances of being a bottom 6er if all else fails.

Old
11-14-2011, 06:27 PM
H2O

vCash: 50
Quote:
It'll be close between Zibanejad and Noesen but Pageau, Puempel and Prince are long shots to make the NHL. Noesen will be a regular on the Sens by 2013-2014.
Bold! But really, who knows. They might all make it one day, but probably not all as Sens.

Old
11-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Noesen might become and NHL player before Prince, Puempel and Pageau but Zibanejad, Prince, Pageau and Puempel will all be better than Noesen.

Old
11-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Noesen might become and NHL player before Prince, Puempel and Pageau but Zibanejad, Prince, Pageau and Puempel will all be better than Noesen.
Are you trying to say we got 4 top 6 forwards out of the 2011 draft.

Old
11-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

The Standouts...

Quote:
Mark Stone: Brandon/ 22GP-19G-27A-46P
1st in WHL points
3rd in WHL ppg

Shane Prince: Ottawa/ 15GP-9G-15A-24P
7th in OHL ppg

Jakob Silfverberg: Brynas/ 19GP-7G-7A-14P
17th in SEL ppg

Jean-Gabriel Pageau: Gatineau/ 16GP-17G-13A-30P
2nd in QMJHL ppg

Stefan Noesen: Plymouth/ 17GP-5G-15A-20P
28th in OHL ppg

Matt Puempel: Peterborough/ 20GP-13G-10A-23P
30th in OHL ppg

Darren Kramer: Spokane/ 15GP-9G-6A-15P
37th in WHL ppg

Old
11-14-2011, 07:21 PM
vermette20

Well thanks for the spoiler CJam, now I know how they're going to develop.

I'm excited about Prince, he looked great in camp etc, could be great for us in an offensive 3rd line center role, giving us 3 scoring lines. I was surprised at Noesens hands too after watching some vids of him, could be a great player.

Old
11-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Are you trying to say we got 4 top 6 forwards out of the 2011 draft.
Not necessarily.

There's no guarantee that Noesen makes the NHL. Even if he does he could easily become a 4th or 3rd line player. In that sense I feel as though the other four definitely have a better chance of being better players than Noesen does.

Old
11-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Not necessarily.

There's no guarantee that Noesen makes the NHL
. Even if he does he could easily become a 4th or 3rd line player. In that sense I feel as though the other four definitely have a better chance of being better players than Noesen does.
Yeah but there's no guarantee any of them make the NHL.

Like, do you have any reasons to be certain that Pageau and Prince become better NHLers then Noesen? I see no downside in Noesen.

I'd actually be very surprised if Noesen didn't make the NHL. Can't say the same for the rest of those guys taken after him...but for a late 2nd I do like Prince's chances.

Last edited by Minister of Offence: 11-14-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old
11-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Afro Thunder*

You guys are nuts.

Old
11-14-2011, 07:32 PM
True Story

Last edited by True Story: 05-12-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old
11-14-2011, 07:32 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Not necessarily.

There's no guarantee that Noesen makes the NHL. Even if he does he could easily become a 4th or 3rd line player. In that sense I feel as though the other four definitely have a better chance of being better players than Noesen does.
Because they are top 6 or bust and Noesen's not? Logical.

Last edited by wubwubwubwub: 11-14-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old
11-14-2011, 07:40 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Yeah but there's no guarantee any of them make the NHL.

Like, do you have any reasons to be certain that Pageau and Prince become better NHLers then Noesen? I see no downside in Noesen.

I'd actually be very surprised if Noesen didn't make the NHL. Can't say the same for the rest of those guys taken after him...but for a late 2nd I do like Prince's chances.
I agree with this. I also think even if Puempel busts, he might be able to carve out a niche as a 3rd liner who goes to the net and chips in on the PP. I have seen little of him though so I might be way off. If Pageau gets to 6 foot or so he could maybe be a 3rd liner but thats unlikely. Prince I like a lot but who knows. Its hard to tell how a player will progress. I have yet to see a ton of upside in Noesen but I havent seen him a ton, and I trust that its there. He is an interesting player but for some reason I just cant picture him as a 60+ point guy. I know for a fact thats based on nothing though, just a seed of doubt I manufactured based on basically nothing. Ziba I have no doubt will be a top 6er, and he will likely be good enough to be a #2C.

I think it is realistic that we get 4-6 NHLers from this draft, as I wouldnt be shocked if Claesson or one of the other later guys make it. I am pretty confident that we will get 3 serviceable players.

Old
11-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Icelevel
Relentless

Quote:
i don't get the point in saying all of that. you cannot predict the future so those predictions have no relevance.

Old
11-14-2011, 07:58 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Puempel and Prince long shots?

We had both rated in the 1st round, Puempel was probably close to 15. I like Prince's chances of being a bottom 6er if all else fails.
I'm a big believer in Prince and I think he has huge upside with his combination of intelligence, skating and playmaking. He's never going to be a center in the NHL though and wingers in his mold are very rare in the league so I can recognize that the guy has an uphill battle to make it. Talent alone might not be enough for this guy, he might have to be the beneficiary of the perfect situation. Don't forget the competition he's going to face in Filatov, Michalek, Greening, Hoffman, Foligno, Daugavins Petersson et al.

I resist to label him a top 6 or bust guy given his defensive abilities and the direction of the team under Maclean. When the personnel allows, I could see this team rolling 3 strong scoring lines so that opens up more spots for him to fill.

What's more encouraging was his first training camp in which the coaching staff felt comfortable getting into games against real NHL competition and he didn't look out of place, much like Mike Hoffman a few years ago.

He was a fantastic pick at 61. Teams are going to be kicking themselves down the road. He was hardly a hidden gem given his stats.

With Noesen though, I just see the compete package and a guy who's going to contribute in every facet of the game and set the tone for his team, much like what our captain has done for 16 years.

Old
11-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
With Noesen though, I just see the compete package and a guy who's going to contribute in every facet of the game and set the tone for his team, much like what our captain has done for 16 years.
In regards to Prince I just think his game is well rounded enough that him and his good speed could be utilized anywhere. He's elusive along the boards and he makes good decisions with the puck, and I was very encouraged to see that he was already able to do it in an NHL pre-season game. He gets around the rink well and can engage in battles and he's got IQ...so ya I think there's options. Whether or not it's in Ottawa I like Prince's chances. As we're beginning to see in Ottawa, we're going to have choices to make because we can't hold an NHL prospect here forever. For example, Mark Borowiecki > Pat Weircioch...in time it becomes pretty obvious what player they give priority and preference too.

Noesen to me is a classic example of a prospect that translates easily to the NHL. Skating isn't a plus but it's not a red flag and he'll get it coached up here anyways. Really don't have limited viewings but courtesy of your highlight compilation it is evident there are offensive skills there even if they aren't refined and on display every night...they do go great with a chippy style and relentless forecheck. I thought one thing that was very certain during the rookie tournament is that Noesen is as advertised on the forecheck.

Old
11-14-2011, 08:28 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

The good news is that ottawa will take the best prospects for themselves & trade the other assets in packages, if they can, for something better or more picks. Win/WIN.

The only guy that I don't see making it to the NHL out of that bunch is Pageau who I think is just too small unless he grows a few inches but who knows.

Old
11-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post

The only guy that I don't see making it to the NHL out of that bunch is Pageau who I think is just too small unless he grows a few inches but who knows.
Meh, the Sens made the measurements themselves, they took him because he's got a high level of hockey IQ and enough speed that they think he's got a chance. Sometimes you take a guy in the 4th round you think has a good shot at the NHL in a 4th line capacity...sometimes you take a calculated chance.

Old
11-14-2011, 08:35 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Meh, the Sens made the measurements themselves, they took him because he's got a high level of hockey IQ and enough speed that they think he's got a chance. Sometimes you take a guy in the 4th round you think has a good shot at the NHL in a 4th line capacity...sometimes you take a calculated chance.
Oh I'm aware of that & maybe the kid beats the odds, I'm just betting against it but as I said who knows. I wouldn't have picked Gerby to make it either & he has in Buffalo.

Closed Thread