Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lucic Disciplinary Hearing: Update: No suspension or fine

Old
11-14-2011, 07:14 AM
SupremefartMachine

vCash: 500
Well it's a phone call, not an in person meeting, so I say no suspension. Shouldn't be.

SupremefartMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:15 AM
EverettMike

Look, I didn't like this play (I hate endangering our goalies), but a suspension would be ludicrous.

It clearly wasn't a hit to the head.

So the only thing left is intent to injure. If Looch wanted to really injure Miller, Miller would not have been able to get up. In fact, I think he was concussed when Seguin was checked into him.

No suspension, probably just a warning not to do this again.

EverettMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:20 AM
ODAAT

Mike Palmateer says hi

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:21 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremefartMachine View Post
Well it's a phone call, not an in person meeting, so I say no suspension. Shouldn't be.
Where does it say it's just a phone call? I've looked "casually" and don't see any specifics anywhere other than 1 pm hearing?

SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:21 AM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
What a joke. A minor penalty is suspendable now? Pure garbage. **** Miller, hopefully Lucic drills him again.
despicable statement. Im not a sabres fan, but the hit was more than a minor in my eyes...but I wont pretend to be an authority in that area.

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:26 AM
ODAAT

Gone are the days when goalies weren`t just nuts (well they are still nuts) but also tough as nails

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WQk7vZIYxE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8_wrJpRDaU

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:28 AM
SupremefartMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMeanie33 View Post
Where does it say it's just a phone call? I've looked "casually" and don't see any specifics anywhere other than 1 pm hearing?
It doesn't say it on TSN or NHL.com, but I did see that it's a phone call on Matt Kalman's blog. It sounds about right, the hit wasn't the kind of thing that would get you a face to face meeting. Hope Matt's correct about this.

SupremefartMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
My guess is that they want to talk to him, say that they dont want to make it open season on goalies out of the crease. Maybe suspend him one game, maybe nothing.

I just hope we dont see pansy Lucic after this.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Boston Bruno

Really don't feel like Milan did enough to try to avoid the contact given the time he had. I wont like it as a fan, but I think 3 games are coming considering some of his past.
In his defense he is not the most nimble of guys and I am pretty sure if he wanted to hurt Miller he probably would still be unconscious.

Still, Shanny would not be bringing him in if the NHL was not going to lay down some law. Respect for your fellow players, if that is the case, will garner a suspension..(and I agree that Seguin crashing the net also added to the injury situation.)

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:43 AM
ap3lovr

sadly, I think taking Miller out helps the sabres. He's been awful this year.

ap3lovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:49 AM
EverettMike

Question: How is this any worse than a guy who runs through a goalie in the crease intentionally?

EverettMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:51 AM
hoss75

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Question: How is this any worse than a guy who runs through a goalie in the crease intentionally?
This is a really good point. Especially after the SCF.

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:52 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
The league punishes based on outcome, not actions. If Miller was fine, I doubt they'd be having a hearing.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:52 AM
Therick67

Quote:
It isn't, that happens all the time and you rarely if ever see anything come of it, despite the fact that it's a tactic. Lucic should have avoided Miller, but it's not like it was part of the gameplan.

I just can't imagine he gets a suspension for this.

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:55 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
The league punishes based on outcome, not actions. If Miller was fine, I doubt they'd be having a hearing.
Which is absolutely asinine

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:55 AM
stolimanmike

No matter what happens, I am just glad our boys appear to care again. Finally.

Oh yeah, and screw the freaking Sabres.

stolimanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:58 AM
BobbyAwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltah View Post
dat cup.

we manhandled and intimidated our way to it once. i dont see any reason why we cant keep it up.
We ONLY win cups when we're the "Big Bad Bruins".

BobbyAwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:59 AM
MasqueOfTheRedDeath*

The comments on the nhl site are hilarious.

MasqueOfTheRedDeath* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:00 AM
BruinsHockey74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
You're not understanding me correctly at all.

At the last second Miller realizes Lucic isn't stopping and instead of avoiding the hit, you see Miller brace and even lean into Lucic on the hit.

He had time to flail backwards onto the ice and avoid 95% of the hit but instead he stood his ground probably hoping to get a big hit on Lucic. Instead Lucic flattens him and he throws a hissy fit.
Ok well this is not what you were saying before. Before you said that he knew Lucic was coming and he braced for a hit, and now your saying what I said, that he realized he was not stopping at the last second. Your being too misled by that picture, its just Millers follow through with his arm coming up.

And no, Miller did not have time to flail backwards. By the time he got rid of the puck, Lucic was practically on top of him. There is not a chance that Miller would try to stand his ground against a full speed Lucic. I'm sure you've seen him on those NHL Network commercials...He is a twig, just like Tuukka (Tuukka is a little taller but whatever). He knows Lucic has 50+ pounds on him, and your saying that he tried to stand his ground hoping to get a "big hit" on 6'4'' 220 pounds when he himself only stands 6'2'' 175 pounds? Theres no way.

BruinsHockey74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Bridges31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Which is stupid in itself. Not sure how they plan to lower the number of injuries by taking a reactionary stance on suspensions (meaning using an injury as justification to suspend), rather that a preventative one.

Having said that, Lucic's hit is not suspension worthy IMO but it will probably end up being one because:

1) Miller was injured (whether it was from that play or another one we'll never know).

2) Contact with the goalie like Lucic made isn't very common and the league will want to keep it that way by making an example of him.

I really hate the direction this league is heading with suspensions. As soon as Shanny stepped in, I knew I was going to hate it. He's trying to over-compensate for what Campbell didn't do while he was head honcho.

If I'm Julien and Lucic gets suspended, I whisper in Lucic's ear and tell him nice hit. Don't change your game because the NHL wants to head in a different direction.

Bridges31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:05 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Which is absolutely asinine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
Which is stupid in itself. Not sure how they plan to lower the number of injuries by taking a reactionary stance on suspensions (meaning using an injury as justification to suspend), rather that a preventative one.

Having said that, Lucic's hit is not suspension worthy IMO but it will probably end up being one because:

1) Miller was injured (whether it was from that play or another one we'll never know).

2) Contact with the goalie like Lucic made isn't very common and the league will want to keep it that way by making an example of him.

I really hate the direction this league is heading with suspensions. As soon as Shanny stepped in, I knew I was going to hate it. He's trying to over-compensate for what Campbell didn't do while he was head honcho.
Yes, it is a very dumb way to run their business, but it's pretty clear that's what they've been doing.

Old
11-14-2011, 08:06 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

In my mind?

Out of the crease? Check. Just played the puck? Check. FAIR GAME.

Maybe a bit too hard and a bit too late. But Miller took the risk that put him where he was. He bears some responsibility for how that went down. The crease is there for your protection, Ryan. It's there exactly because whole defensive zone is not yours to wander in at will.

Personally I don't think either Miller or Lucic should have done anything differently, Both played their position roughly the way it should be played. The league needs to not protect goalies at the expense of bigtime hockey. Thomas does that and someone checks Thomas I'm mad, especially if TT gets hurt on the play, but come on, he WAS out of the crease, he WAS handling the puck not 1 second earlier, and while Lucic didn't exactly slow down or change direction, he wasn't building up ramming speed either. That's at worst borderline legit.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:10 AM
Kovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
In my mind?

Maybe a bit too hard and a bit too late. But Miller took the risk that put him where he was. He bears some responsibility for how that went down. The crease is there for your protection, Ryan. It's there exactly because whole defensive zone is not yours to wander in at will.

Personally I don't think either Miller or Lucic should have done anything differently, Both played their position roughly the way it should be played. The league needs to not protect goalies at the expense of bigtime hockey. Thomas does that and someone checks Thomas I'm mad, especially if TT gets hurt on the play, but come on, he WAS out of the crease, he WAS handling the puck not 1 second earlier, and while Lucic didn't exactly slow down or change direction, he wasn't building up ramming speed either. That's at worst borderline legit.
Look at you making a post I agree with!!!!

Kovi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:11 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
It isn't any different and the ref's treated it the same, hopefully Shanahan treats it the same.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:12 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
In my mind?

This is wrong on so many levels, it's staggering. The contact, in any way, shape, or form by Lucic is against the rules. No gray area, just black and white. He hit a goalie, and there are rules against it. He paid his penalty, and now because of the results of the hit, he may have to pay more. The fact that Miller was out of his crease doesn't excuse Lucic from breaking the rules. That being said though, a suspension for that hit is silly.