Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lucic Disciplinary Hearing: Update: No suspension or fine

Old
11-14-2011, 09:34 AM
Therick67

vCash: 500
Looch has only been suspened once, for 1 game, and fined once. IIRC the suspension was for a crosscheck.

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:35 AM
fighterfoo
We do it big...

What rule does this violate and where in that rule does it say that extreme cases are subject to supplemental discipline?

You can trip someone and get two minutes, but there's no such thing as a suspendable tripping offense. How can a shoulder-to-shoulder hit be suspendable? They called him for charging, a minor. Is charging subject to supplemental discipline if the infraction is egregious enough?

fighterfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:38 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterfoo View Post
What rule does this violate and where in that rule does it say that extreme cases are subject to supplemental discipline?

You can trip someone and get two minutes, but there's no such thing as a suspendable tripping offense. How can a shoulder-to-shoulder hit be suspendable? They called him for charging, a minor. Is charging subject to supplemental discipline if the infraction is egregious enough?
The way this league is now, you can be guaranteed they'd consider a suspension if someone tripped another guy into the boards and he got hurt.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:39 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

I'm pretty sure if Miller had not suffered a concussion none of this would be an issue. However, if it seems a goaltender has been (significantly?) injured by a hit/check, they might think it's necessary to send a message to the rest of the league as regards goaltender contact.

What would be most unfortunate, if a suspension comes down, is that it would now make Milan a "repeat offender" of "dirty" hits, something that he is wholly undeserving of.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:03 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:

Yes, there's such thing as a suspendable tripping offense, slew footing someone on a icing race into the boards. Would that be a 2 min if the guy gets tripped and breaks his legs or suddenly does an extreme case apply?

Also, charging can have supplemental discipline(without the primary point of contact being the head either):

Anyway:

Quote:
Rule 28 - Supplementary Discipline

28.1 Supplementary Discipline - In addition to the automatic fines and suspensions imposed under these rules, the Commissioner may, at his discretion, investigate any incident that occurs in connection with any Pre-season, Exhibition, League or Playoff game and may assess additional fines and/or suspensions for any offense committed during the course of a game or any aftermath thereof by a player, goalkeeper, Trainer, Manager, Coach or non-playing Club personnel or Club executive, whether or not such offense has been penalized by the Referee.

If an investigation is requested by a Club or by the League on its own initiative, it must be initiated within twenty-four (24) hours following the completion of the game in which the incident occurred.
Nowhere does it say they can't apply supplimental discipline on any minor, or situation occuring in a game.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:07 AM
chuckdobbins

That Wiz hit had intent written all over it, and he went high

chuckdobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:15 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:

Im not trying to troll or anything but surely you cant be that naive. I seem to remember alot of Boston fans wanting a suspension for the hit on Savard which was at the time legal. You cant possibly believe that lucic didnt hit him on purpose. He looked right at him and nailed him.

Personally I dont care if he is suspended or not but dont sit there and say he did nothing wrong. You know he did.

If someone had run Thomas or Rask like that, You would be calling for a long suspension.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:17 AM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckUFarley View Post
Im not trying to troll or anything but surely you cant be that naive. I seem to remember alot of Boston fans wanting a suspension for the hit on Savard which was at the time legal. You cant possibly believe that lucic didnt hit him on purpose. He looked right at him and nailed him.

Personally I dont care if he is suspended or not but dont sit there and say he did nothing wrong. You know he did.

If someone had run Thomas or Rask like that, You would be calling for a long suspension.
Uuuuuugh, the hit on Savard was NOT legal, no matter what moron Colin Campbell said. It was 100% intent to injure, clear as day to anyone with a brain.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:17 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
That Wiz hit had intent written all over it, and he went high
He traveled half the ice too. Not comparing with Lucic hit, I was just answering his question that it IS possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Uuuuuugh, the hit on Savard was NOT legal, no matter what moron Colin Campbell said. It was 100% intent to injure, clear as day to anyone with a brain.
In the past, Messier was a 'leader' for destroying people like that. It was applauded even.

Old
11-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
He traveled half the ice too. Not comparing with Lucic hit, I was just answering his question that it IS possible.

In the past, Messier was a 'leader' for destroying people like that. It was applauded even.
Yea but he had tiny shoulder pads and foam elbow pads. Either reduce the equipment size or change the way the game is played. Because these injuries are only going to increase.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
Looch has only been suspended once, for 1 game, and fined once. IIRC the suspension was for a crosscheck.
Yes, a crosscheck to good old Max Lappierre. 1 game in 09

He's been fined 1x and that was from last years Atlanta line brawl 2,500 for punching Meyers while being restrained and 1,000 for flipping their bench the bird. This happened in 2010.

He's been here since 2007.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Then if that is the case, then Lucic who is 220+ running over a goalie who is 180ish can be considered intent to injur as well.

Old
11-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Then if that is the case, then Lucic who is 220+ running over a goalie who is 180ish can be considered intent to injur as well.
So guys can only check players who are of equal height and weight?

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:28 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
So guys can only check players who are of equal heinght and weight?
Sweet, my team is safe.

Old
11-14-2011, 10:34 AM
jgatie

Quote:
Bad argument. Being too strong/big/tall is never assessed as intent. Cooke's headshot could easily been called as Intent to Injure. A shoulder to shoulder check on a goalkeeper is not, no matter what the weight disparity. If you are going to lobby for a suspension, find a better argument than an absurd comparison to a head hunting hit inflicted by a well known repeat offender with a long and storied history of career threatening hits; a head hunting hit which actually ended a superstar's career .

This ends your lesson in Debate 101.

jgatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:36 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
So guys can only check players who are of equal height and weight?
no of course not, what I meant is that the intent to injur rule is subjective. There is no proof that cooke meant to injur Savard, It looked that way to me but the only one who knows is Cooke.

Just like this case, Lucic might have tried to injur Miller, The only one who knows is Lucic.

Personally I dont think it should be a suspendable offence but it was dirty. We can agree on that much.

Old
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post

Gotcha. I thought you were going for a comparable play. Makes more sense now.

Looking back at the Wiz hit, it's almost comical how far he goes just to make that hit. He comes into the frame already hauling ass

chuckdobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FutureConsiderations

Quote:

Good one.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Someone needs to share with you that the "2 minutes for being strong" penalty thing is just a joke. People don't get called for that in real life.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:40 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Gotcha. I thought you were going for a comparable play. Makes more sense now.

Looking back at the Wiz hit, it's almost comical how far he goes just to make that hit. He comes into the frame already hauling ass
For the lucic hit, I think it was a 5 min major and that's about it. I feel because they didn't make it a major, now we gotta hear about this stuff and a suspension may come when it should've been a 5 min with no sup. discipline.

Old
11-14-2011, 10:41 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

So far, I haven't seen a single sound, rational, non-emotional argument as to why Lucic will be suspended

I've seen a lot of bs on both sides, but the only sound arguments I've seen are for the Lucic should not be suspended side

Which leaves me to believe shanahan is going to have a hell of a time justifying a suspension if one is handed down.

KnightofBoston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:43 AM
dtam83

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
So far, I haven't seen a single sound, rational, non-emotional argument as to why Lucic will be suspended

I've seen a lot of bs on both sides, but the only sound arguments I've seen are for the Lucic should not be suspended side

Which leaves me to believe shanahan is going to have a hell of a time justifying a suspension if one is handed down.
i would say he will get 2 games because it was against the rule book and shanahan wants to make an example out of him. fair, not fair? who knows, but it is what it is

dtam83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:44 AM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

I think that it is silly that everything is suspendable now. I don't see anything suspension worthy here...it is only because Miller got messed up due to the hit. Goalies get run every game and no suspension is EVER handed out due to the impact. I miss the good ole days when a goalie would venture out of his crease at his own risk. These new rules that allow goalies free ice all over the defensive end are utterly stupid and give an unfair advantage to the goalies and their defense.
I would be fine with Lucic getting a fine here...but a suspension.....that would be really, really stupid.

The Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:45 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgatie View Post
Bad argument. Being too strong/big/tall is never assessed as intent. Cooke's headshot could easily been called as Intent to Injure. A shoulder to shoulder check on a goalkeeper is not, no matter what the weight disparity. If you are going to lobby for a suspension, find a better argument than an absurd comparison to a head hunting hit inflicted by a well known repeat offender with a long and storied history of career threatening hits; a head hunting hit which actually ended a superstar's career.

This ends your lesson in Debate 101.

1. Who is lobbying for a suspension? In fact I have said I dont think he should be suspended.

2. All I said was that ability to apply the intent to injure rule is subjective. How you feel about the Savard hit might be different from how Pitts fans might think. Same thing here, Yours is clearly different from a Sabres fan.

3. If I want a lesson on anything, I`ll ask for it. I came here not looking to troll, but to have an adult conversation whith Bruins fans and see whats going on in Boston. So this is the last I will respond to you. I will not engage if you simply want to get angry cause someone`s opinion might be different than yours.

Old
11-14-2011, 10:46 AM
nycbruins*

This league has become such a joke.

A shoulder-to-shoulder hit on a goalie got 2 minutes, as it should have. I do not and will not believe that Miller was concussed on the play, and I don't think he was even shaken up.

And fans of other teams coming on this board to talk about what a cheap hit....I remember when hockey fans weren't such friggin' babies.

And why must any hit a Bruins makes be compared to Cooke, Jones etc.? Are your propagandizing and arguing skills that pathetic or are you really that stupid? (rhetorical question for all our great visitors here.)

I always hated the Sabres, but now they've joined the Habs for whiny, self-righteous d-bag fans. Go away and take your overrated team with you. How's Ville Leino working out at center or Ehrhoff for $10 million? Worry about your sackless team. I'm glad you have an owner with deep pockets now, too bad he has no idea what to spend his money on.

This league, and most of its fans unfortunately, can bite me.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote