Notices

Jets PP and PK

Old
11-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Crazed Fan

vCash: 500
Jets PP and PK

Yikes....

As Rainnie said in the game against Columbus last night. The Jets PP is "Putrid". How 10 teams in the NHL are worse, is beyond me. There just seems to be no system in place. Am I the only one that can see that Tim Stapleton is on the ice during these powerplays?!! He must be sneaking out there, no coach would actually put him on a PP would they? (i have enough issues with him being on the jets 4th line)
I know he finally scored the other day on the PP, but surely we could do better.
There is no flow, certainly no cycle, and few shots. They look shorthanded on their PP. It all looks so random.
Columbus has the worst PK unit in the league, they looked like all-stars last night.

The Jets PK isnt so bad, the issue is with when they take their penalties. 81 times shorthhanded already?? Seems like they get a little momentum going and then seconds later an bad penalty. Just sucks their motivation.

Now dont get me wrong. I love everything about this team but these areas need a lot of work. I just thought by now, they would have some sort of system in place. I know these guys can play, ive seen it already. they are very capable.

All i have to say is thank god for Pavelec or these stats would be VERY ugly. Getting him some W's should be a great motivator.

Crazed Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
There's some questionable personnel decisions being made (eg. why isn't Burmistrov on the first PP unit? Why?). But this can really be boiled down to not having Enstrom or Hainsey in the lineup. There are point men/dmen being played on the PP/PK that have absolutely no business being there.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Crazed Fan

vCash: 500
Let me eat those words after todays game against the Lightning. lol.

Stapleton was very good tonight.
The PK was fantastic... still a lot of bad penalties though
And the PP looked like they had a system in play.
Great game.

Crazed Fan is offline   Reply With Quote