HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

two weeks with my NHL2K5 (xbox)...impressions

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2004, 02:32 PM
shayne

vCash: 500
two weeks with my NHL2K5 (xbox)...impressions

I am really loving it although it does freeze some times.
I unlock the Heritage classic and i have about 3000 tokens left for other things, the mini rink two on two is pretty cools and the air hockey is hard.

Anyway, the game is great but i find i have to change the line up before every game, it says it saves the line up but it is always funky, kovalev is my second line centre everytime unless i change it again and again.
The other problem, i like letting the computer or simulation play the games some times because seasons are so long, Huet seems to play more games then theodore when i do not "play" the game.

I have changed all the age and size glitches, i have created the top 4 prospect per club to add depth to everyones organization and i am having pretty good success at the pro level with the slider at half, i am in second place overall after 63 games.

I keep the rosters as they should be although when i ran into injurie problems, i signed perreault for 10 games and Lindros for 35 games. I eventually had to trun the injurie slider down because i was losing guys every other game and for 2 months at a time.
Love the Game, my first ESPN 2K series game, i have allllllways been an EA guy but this games is excellent.
Cheers

Old
09-11-2004, 02:40 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne

I have changed all the age and size glitches.
HOW DO YOU DO THAT !?

EDIT : I can't do it. I searched everywhere... where do you edit players ?

Last edited by Des Louise: 09-11-2004 at 02:49 PM.
Old
09-11-2004, 03:35 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
HOW DO YOU DO THAT !?

EDIT : I can't do it. I searched everywhere... where do you edit players ?
you go in roster and you clivk on the player.....heum I'm not sure whcich button but it should say on the bottom. I think it's O

Old
09-11-2004, 04:45 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Guys is anybody else having problems saving PRESENTATION settings???

I am, even if i go to "save and use". its wierd and its annoying.

As for people having freezing on X-box. Its your system. If its an old one, it has an old drive, if its a new one it has a better Samsung drive. I have the newer version x-box and have had ZERO freezing.
And for those PS2 customers having problems, guess what you guys got screwed, im sorry to say. They for what ever reason spent more time on the x-box version than the ps2.

As for the game, love it. Game play is amazing, although sounds sucks imo..................

Old
09-11-2004, 04:55 PM
5_for_fighting

only problem I'm having so far, is the "horn setting". never stays as I set it. ending a game in silence, without the horn, is pretty weird

Old
09-11-2004, 04:58 PM
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing

Ya...

My old Xbox used to freeze a fair amount.I have since stop playing DVD'S on my now third XBOX and it rarely freezes on any games at all.If your XBOX is old I would try bringing it back to every retail store you can think of and somehow return it for a new one.DVD format on the XBOX messes with the gameplay I do believe.2K5 rocks,hard to win on ALL STAR though.

Old
09-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
I've only played EA games. Do you think this will end up better than NHL2005?

Old
09-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob
you go in roster and you clivk on the player.....heum I'm not sure whcich button but it should say on the bottom. I think it's O
I am so blind... anyway thank you very much.

Old
09-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_for_fighting
only problem I'm having so far, is the "horn setting". never stays as I set it. ending a game in silence, without the horn, is pretty weird
Yeah, the goal horn would allways reset to zero if you used custom sounds (in 2K4). The developers thought they had fixed it at the start but some other sound wound would be at zero. So they had to leave it (the goal horn bug) as it was in 2K4, because they didn't have anymore time to try and fix it (IIRC they had no idea how to fix it).

Old
09-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
Of course...Almost everythings is better in ESPN 2K5.

Old
09-11-2004, 07:15 PM
habs1988

I played ESPN NHL 2K5 and IMO, EA SPORTS is way better than ESPN. The graphics are worst than NHL 2004, but the gameplay is a little bit better. You have skills games and everything but I prefer by far EA SPORTS.

Old
09-11-2004, 07:17 PM
x-bob

I nver liked EA sports....the Gameplay was so unrealistic. I alwasy found ESPn a whole lot better since I started with 2k3 I think.

Old
09-11-2004, 08:39 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
It always does... 2k3 was way better than EA's 2003 and last year's ESPN NHl HOckey was way better than 2004... so I don't know what would be different this year.

Old
09-11-2004, 09:49 PM
YOUTH OF HABS

Send a message via AIM to YOUTH OF HABS
Quote:
my first ESPN 2K series game, i have allllllways been an EA guy but this games is excellent.
Cheers
for those who dare challenge the name of Electronic Arts, there is a place for you waiting in oprah winfrey's fridge.

seriously, anyone who says 2k5 is better than EA is a moron. NHL 2004 is better then 2k5. people just don't get the physics in the newer EA games. once you realize what your doing its scary how realistic it can be. i was a hater at first, but then i opened my eyes and it hit me.

also chew on this ... EA IS MADE IN CANADA WHERE HOCKEY LIVES....

nhl 2k5 is made by SEGA in colaboration with ESPN, thus it is made by AMERICANS who only watch maybe 4 games a year including the stanley cup finals.

Old
09-12-2004, 07:09 AM
shayne

Made in Canada yes , i know a contributor

i just can't beleive they did not keep the create a player, and espn coming out earlier and half the price will hurt EA this year.
ESPN sure does not know how to pronounce players names very well but i like alot in the game.

Old
09-12-2004, 07:11 AM
shayne

pronounciation is ridiculous as well

Spezza is "Spizza" and Huselius is "Useless"

Old
09-12-2004, 08:26 AM
x-bob

Quote:
Spezza is "Spizza" and Huselius is "Useless"
And Dagenais is "Dejeuner" lik Breakfast

Old
09-12-2004, 09:54 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUTH OF HABS
for those who dare challenge the name of Electronic Arts, there is a place for you waiting in oprah winfrey's fridge.

seriously, anyone who says 2k5 is better than EA is a moron. NHL 2004 is better then 2k5. people just don't get the physics in the newer EA games. once you realize what your doing its scary how realistic it can be. i was a hater at first, but then i opened my eyes and it hit me.

nhl 2k5 is made by SEGA in colaboration with ESPN, thus it is made by AMERICANS who only watch maybe 4 games a year including the stanley cup finals.
Oh I understand the physics alright, they're just damn unrealistic. So I guess i'm a moron cuz i really really despise EA for making the most arcadish hockey game. Even Hitz was more realistic if you ajusted the sliders. I dont really care if it's made in Canada or not, good is good and bad is bad. I played every EA hockey game since 95 and they've gotten even more arcadish by the years. 2004 was just god damn aweful wining game like 15-0 and stuff like that is horrible. So unless 2005 is redone completly from scratch with completly overhauled game play, it can't even by the farthest stretch of the imagination compete with ESPN's gameplay.

Old
09-12-2004, 10:03 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:

EA game isn't realistic at all. To easy to score and to easy to hit. It's not like that in real hockey. If you want to check a player in 2K5, you have to hit a player perfectly. Open ice hit are hard to make...like in real hockey. In 2K5, I score some goals like these one they show on the hockey news. That's pretty cool!

And do you really think that the american people who made 2K5 watch around 5 hockey games per year? Come on, they are probably all hockey freaks who have a favorite team, a favorite player and all that!!!

Old
09-12-2004, 10:33 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Also IGN.com had NHL 2004 rated as 8.8 and ESPN NHL Hockey at 9.3. You surely aren't going to tell me that IGN.com is moronic will you?

Old
09-12-2004, 10:46 AM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
Oh I understand the physics alright, they're just damn unrealistic. So I guess i'm a moron cuz i really really despise EA for making the most arcadish hockey game. Even Hitz was more realistic if you ajusted the sliders. I dont really care if it's made in Canada or not, good is good and bad is bad. I played every EA hockey game since 95 and they've gotten even more arcadish by the years. 2004 was just god damn aweful wining game like 15-0 and stuff like that is horrible. So unless 2005 is redone completly from scratch with completly overhauled game play, it can't even by the farthest stretch of the imagination compete with ESPN's gameplay.
Yeah, completely agree !!
The physics of 2K5 (as well as 2K3 and 2K4) is the closest to reality, don't forget this is a videogame afterall. And yes: Hits is better than EA in physics and realistic playing with the proper sliding. The same problem of arcadish gameplay happen with the soccer game EA FIFA. In Europ and the rest of the world (not america), they say WE and PES are the closest to reality, the best gameplay. It's true, I played both (FIFA and WE) FIFA is arcadish and boring to play while WE is fun and simulation-like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
EA game isn't realistic at all. To easy to score and to easy to hit. It's not like that in real hockey. If you want to check a player in 2K5, you have to hit a player perfectly. Open ice hit are hard to make...like in real hockey. In 2K5, I score some goals like these one they show on the hockey news. That's pretty cool!

And do you really think that the american people who made 2K5 watch around 5 hockey games per year? Come on, they are probably all hockey freaks who have a favorite team, a favorite player and all that!!!
Yes you're right on man! There are hockey freaks in USA. The ESPN hockey games hired canadian experts as hockey consultants and for making the game in general, check the credits. ESPN Hockey have also a web site with forums and there is a suggestions section to the developpers, so they are very aware of the wishes and needs of the gamers.

YOUTH OF HABS: Let me explain the way I see it: it's a shame that a canadian team can't make a realistic hockey video game while a team of us american succeed. EA NHL should reprogram from scratch /or stop pretending they have the most realistic hockey game. Having the nicest cut scenes and animations doesn't make the best video game. We are not naive kids anymore.

Old
09-12-2004, 10:56 AM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
Also IGN.com had NHL 2004 rated as 8.8 and ESPN NHL Hockey at 9.3. You surely aren't going to tell me that IGN.com is moronic will you?
We can search every magazine and web site that gives notes to video games, they will all* have a better note for ESPN NHL 2K4 over EA NHL 2004. Except Game Informer that give a slightly better note to NHL 2004. Game Informer are of public notoriety knowned to be biaised to EA games.

*Even web sites vid games located in Germany, England, France, etc. They ALL say ESPN have the better gameplay, the most simulation/or realistic gameplay. So they are all morons except YOUTH OF HABS and Game Informer?

YOH, u lost that argument, u're Check Mate!

Old
09-12-2004, 11:09 AM
YOUTH OF HABS

Send a message via AIM to YOUTH OF HABS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
So they are all morons except YOUTH OF HABS and Game Informer?
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!

i'm telling you guys, EA's vision for their games are light years beyond any other company... 2004 was a revolution in the hockey industry. it was the first year they made everyone use the analog controls. thats why you hear everyone spout garbage like..."I'VE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME SINCE 93!!!!"

and whats this about scoring easy goals ?? if you have been playing the series like a true fan, then you would know. almost every year there are certain hot spots or plays you can make that will guarentee a goal.

$30 for a brand new video game. thats unheard of! unless of course a week after it comes out, message boards gets filled with complaints the game was rushed out and has its nice share of bugs.

and to the people who gave up on nhl 2004, how long did you actually play it ?

Old
09-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
Having the nicest cut scenes and animations doesn't make the best video game.
Right on! When I want to play a hockey game, I play a hockey game...I don't take the time to look the cut scenes. I watch the animations the first week of play and after that, I always skip them...

Old
09-12-2004, 11:25 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
and to the people who gave up on nhl 2004, how long did you actually play it ?
And how long did you play to ESPN 2K4/2K5?

Closed Thread