HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Aaron Palushaj has potential - DO NOT TRADE HIM!

Old
11-13-2011, 12:33 PM
WestIslander

vCash: 500
Aaron Palushaj has potential - DO NOT TRADE HIM!

I have been watching Aaron Palushaj over the past 16 games in which he played a few when being called up and I can see that this kid has potential and can become a poor man's "Pacioretty" or even a bigger, tougher and more physical version of Chris Higgins.

I see him hitting, getting scoring chances and going to the net like Pacioretty, I would love to see this kid on the second line or third line righ wing with either Eller or Leblanc in the future.

He has 22 goals and 35 assists in 68 games with Hamilton last season and was a +22 and in the playoffs was a point a game player with 19 points in 19 games.

Don't trade this kid, I like what I see so far!

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Andy

Who said he was going to be traded? The fans are not GMs, there was nothing to worry about in the first place.

But Palushaj looks good. If all goes well, he'll be a good top 9 winger who can occasionally fill in top 6 duties kind of like D'agostini.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:39 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
I Don't think PG read this forum.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

He's had 1 decent game in the NHL. Big deal, so what he was good in the AHL?..I think he's a bust to be honest. I see zero potential in the guy.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:48 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I have been watching Aaron Palushaj over the past 16 games in which he played a few when being called up and I can see that this kid has potential and can become a poor man's "Pacioretty" or even a bigger, tougher and more physical version of Chris Higgins.

I see him hitting, getting scoring chances and going to the net like Pacioretty, I would love to see this kid on the second line or third line righ wing with either Eller or Leblanc in the future.

He has 22 goals and 35 assists in 68 games with Hamilton last season and was a +22 and in the playoffs was a point a game player with 19 points in 19 games.

Are you an expert?

but I agree with you on Palushaj. They should not trade him.

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
He's had 1 decent game in the NHL. Big deal, so what he was good in the AHL?..I think he's a bust to be honest. I see zero potential in the guy.
You probably said the same thing about Pacioretty during his first tenure with the club?

Jack Bourdain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Habs

Corey Locke 2.0 .

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Corey Locke 2.0 .
I thought the same until these last two games.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I thought the same until these last two games.
I believe Palushaj is a much better skater, but Locke had better hockey sense and hands. I remember when Locke would tease us with his hockey skills, then disappear. What do you see in Palushaj , that makes you think he can be part of the future here?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:16 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

He won't be mistaken for a scoring guy, but if he can learn his role from Moen, he can stick with the team.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Mike8

Quote:
I believe Palushaj is a much better skater, but Locke had better hockey sense and hands. I remember when Locke would tease us with his hockey skills, then disappear. What do you see in Palushaj , that makes you think he can be part of the future here?
I'm not convinced Palushaj can be part of the future, only that the last two games he's shown a whole lot more to me. His speed and tenacity have meant that he's been strong on the forecheck and he hasn't been poor along the boards, as he had been in the past. I've seen more from him offensively, capable of getting the puck into opportune scoring positions off the cycle.

While he wouldn't be on the team with a full healthy lineup, he hasn't looked out of place in the NHL the past couple of games.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:51 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

People have been way too quick to write off Palushaj. Crying about the D'agostini tradea ll the time.

I love his game, can't wait to see what he can do in the future.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Aurel Joliat

I do not see a lot of potential in Palushaj...

We had some youngsters who made an impact in their first games like Marcel Hossa, Ron Hainsey or Matt D'agostini. I saw a lot of potentiel in those players. But in Palushaj... I don't know how someone can be impressed by him.

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Protest the Hero

I've been pleasantly surprised with the way he throws his weight around. He could learn a thing or two from Eller how to protect the puck though.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Prospector

Very impressed with the way he played yesterday against Nashville. He needs to play with good offensive players and with Cammy and Eller he looked pretty good. He is tenacious, a good skater though not elegant and he's got some good offensive instincts. He also looked stronger along the boards than last year. There is definitely some good potential in him as a third line winger who can play on the second line if there are injuries.

Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:03 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
You probably said the same thing about Pacioretty during his first tenure with the club?
No the complete opposite actually but thanks for assuming. Pacioretty made strides, what has Palushaj ever done? He played good last night and drew some penalties, but to compare him to Paches is an absolute joke. He is a 4th liner in the NHL at best IMO, but not right now. He needs to improve.

Old
11-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Forsead

Quote:
If he can learn to play solid defense which is something that can be learn the guy could be a nice third line player that can bring speed and some offense with more experience in the league. He need to get bigger and stronger.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post

You may have deceived yourself but I doubt you'll convince others. He is not bigger, tougher, or more more physical than Chris Higgins. And where did you get the notion that Palushaj is tough? I've watched Higgins since his college days and he definitely can check and score. He was a key penalty killer with the Habs. André Savard was very high on him and persuaded him to leave Yale. He scored more at Hamilton than Palushaj and demonstrated he can score 25+ goals in the NHL. He's doing very well with Vancouver and once he was brought up to Montréal he stayed. On the other hand, Palushaj has accomplished almost nothing with the Habs, hence his being shuttled so often. He can't beat out anyone on the roster if there are no openings because of injuries. I'd say he wouldn't be brought up at all if it weren't for the lack of depth in the organization.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:12 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
He has to keep playing like he's interested. Last night he was great, but he needs consistency in his effort.

I always figured it would be between him and Kristo for speedy, diminutive RW.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:12 PM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
I do not see a lot of potential in Palushaj...

We had some youngsters who made an impact in their first games like Marcel Hossa, Ron Hainsey or Matt D'agostini. I saw a lot of potentiel in those players. But in Palushaj... I don't know how someone can be impressed by him.
May I add S.Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Grabovski Higgins, Perezhogin, Desharnais. In the first few games, they all looked much better than Palushaj.

It's true that Palushaj has looked a bit better in his last two games than the beginning of the season. I hope he could keep it up. At the beginning of the season, he was completely invisible.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:28 PM
overlords
Hfboards

I see palushaj's upside as being a versteeg-esque offensive third line winger on a good team. He doesn't do anything remarkably well, but he's smart and as long as he concentrates on doing the small things well, he'll find a spot in the NHL. He needs to get stronger, though. I did like his work ethic and physicality last night, he actually surprised me.

Needs another 1-1.5 years in the AHL, though. You shouldn't rush a guy like him.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I see palushaj's upside as being a versteeg-esque offensive third line winger on a good team. He doesn't do anything remarkably well, but he's smart and as long as he concentrates on doing the small things well, he'll find a spot in the NHL. He needs to get stronger, though. I did like his work ethic and physicality last night, he actually surprised me.

Needs another 1-1.5 years in the AHL, though. You shouldn't rush a guy like him.
Versteeg also has way better hands. His hands are one of the best in the league. he can stick handle in a phone booth. I don't see that with Aaron

Old
11-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Palushaj is waiver eligible next season. I think this season and next training camp is the time for him to prove himself to the Habs.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
All depends what we get for him if he is to be traded. There isn't a reason right now for Gauthier to move him. But I don't see anything special down the road with Aaron

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
All depends what we get for him if he is to be traded. There isn't a reason right now for Gauthier to move him. But I don't see anything special down the road with Aaron
He's not going to be attractive trade bait if he doesn't get significant minutes on one of the Habs' top lines. The catch is that he doesn't play well enough to earn that opportunity. It'll be back to Hamilton once Kostitsyn returns to action.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote